toddvdh

toddvdh

Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2020
Green Bay, WI
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Musical instruments. Pretty much anything musical that makes a sound. Its a problem. 20ish guitars, 6 banjos, 5 mandolins, 2 fiddles, piano, keyboards, amps, pedals, PA gear, assorted brass and woodwind instruments, drums, a million little sound making gizmos and hand instruments...and only 2 hands to play them all.

If you are ever in in the Beaufort, South Carolina are this place is pretty cool.l and different. It’s about an hour drive from Hilton Head Island. At least my kids thought it was cool even though short and small. You would get a kick out of some of the old instruments. We stopped on our way to Charleston from Hilton head.

SuperATV

SuperATV

Vendor
Dec 5, 2013
Madison, IN
www.superatv.com
@SuperATV …can you play any of these instruments? My dad collected instruments also. He could play anything but horns. I can’t play a thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oh yeah! I play it all. Played for a living for many years. Still gigging at local bars and festivals, but not like the old days...before family life. 🤣

SuperATV

SuperATV

Vendor
Dec 5, 2013
Madison, IN
www.superatv.com

If you are ever in in the Beaufort, South Carolina are this place is pretty cool.l and different. It’s about an hour drive from Hilton Head Island. At least my kids thought it was cool even though short and small. You would get a kick out of some of the old instruments. We stopped on our way to Charleston from Hilton head.
I would LOVE to check that out!

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Grain Mills, early Mosin Nagant rifles, rocks, fossils…..
I love the Mosin Nagant. The fire thrower. I was young and my dad took me deer hunting for the first time. We used his marlin 30-30. I missed my first deer with that rifle. Then my second. My third deer took 3 shots to lay him down. That 30-30 was a side receiver scoped machine that I could never make hit anything. My dad could shoot dandelions in the backyard with it. I told him I didn't want to use it anymore and he was a little disappointed. Apparently it was my grandfather's rifle who passed it down to my father. So I went to the pawn shop and told the guy at the counter that I wanted to deer hunt and I wanted a good cheap rifle. I was not very knowledgeable at the time. He showed me a SKS and the Mosin. I liked the larger bullet the Mosin had. I bought the rifle, a used soft case, and my first 2 boxes of ammo for $80. That would have been around 2006ish. My first hunt I took a doe with a single shot. Then in my foolishness I "sportarized" it with an ATI receiver rail with scope, bent bolt handle, and polymer stock. I have taken many deer with it, all with single shots. Every time I take that rifle to the gun range I grab everyone's attention with my first shot and then have alot of fun conversations. Everyone loves the fireball.

100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I love the Mosin Nagant. The fire thrower. I was young and my dad took me deer hunting for the first time. We used his marlin 30-30. I missed my first deer with that rifle. Then my second. My third deer took 3 shots to lay him down. That 30-30 was a side receiver scoped machine that I could never make hit anything. My dad could shoot dandelions in the backyard with it. I told him I didn't want to use it anymore and he was a little disappointed. Apparently it was my grandfather's rifle who passed it down to my father. So I went to the pawn shop and told the guy at the counter that I wanted to deer hunt and I wanted a good cheap rifle. I was not very knowledgeable at the time. He showed me a SKS and the Mosin. I liked the larger bullet the Mosin had. I bought the rifle, a used soft case, and my first 2 boxes of ammo for $80. That would have been around 2006ish. My first hunt I took a doe with a single shot. Then in my foolishness I "sportarized" it with an ATI receiver rail with scope, bent bolt handle, and polymer stock. I have taken many deer with it, all with single shots. Every time I take that rifle to the gun range I grab everyone's attention with my first shot and then have alot of fun conversations. Everyone loves the fireball.
Ok Bubba…Being a purist, we call sporterizing an otherwise perfect milsurp weapon; Bubbaing it. I prefer them in the original condition. I have 19 variants by date type and manufacturer. Nearly all are Finland captures or Finnish made. They fought on the side of the Axis (Germany, Japan, Italy) against Russia. Mainly in the Winter War 1939-1940. Look up Simo Hiyah(?) , known as the ‘White Death’ best sniper in the world and history, with the most recorded kills and he only ever used iron sights.

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ok Bubba…Being a purist, we call sporterizing an otherwise perfect milsurp weapon; Bubbaing it. I prefer them in the original condition. I have 19 variants by date type and manufacturer. Nearly all are Finland captures or Finnish made. They fought on the side of the Axis (Germany, Japan, Italy) against Russia. Mainly in the Winter War 1939-1940. Look up Simo Hiyah(?) , known as the ‘White Death’ best sniper in the world and history, with the most recorded kills and he only ever used iron sights.
In my young age my intention was having a deer rifle. If I could go back in time I would prefer for it to have stayed in its original condition. I love the history behind the weapons for sure.

mlynch001

mlynch001

Oct 7, 2020
Dardanelle, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
IMG 1878
IMG 1878 I collect and repair TEKTRONIX Oscilloscopes. When I want something that is a challenge to fix, I go to the electronics bench and play for a few hours.

HeadedOut

HeadedOut

Nov 19, 2022
Spokane Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
VW’s and Hot Wheels.

I have 11 VW’s now and I’ve owned 34.
I’ve got upwards of 10,000 hot wheels and I’d say 700 or so are worth $80 or more? Other brands like Greenlight, M2, and matchbox too. Some of the sets I’ve got are worth $1,200 or so?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!