BOX1

What floor jack is worth having? (Now BIGGEST TIRE ON A BADLANDS)

FJC 79

FJC 79

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 3, 2020
ne. ohio
Ownership

1. 700-2
Upload a pic of the long one. I will identify it. #nomo
I will see if I can get a picture it's buried behind my sxs and my brothers golf cart which is on blocks for the winter. I looked for a tag on it when I got it from my grandfather 20 years ago.

Reactions: Smitty335
FJC 79

FJC 79

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 3, 2020
ne. ohio
Ownership

1. 700-2
@Neohio here are a few pictures PXL 20230204 150410559 PXL 20230204 150336070 PXL 20230204 150255996 PXL 20230204 150211085 PXL 20230204 150155390 PXL 20230204 150127500 PXL 20230204 145521278

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
FJC 79

FJC 79

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 3, 2020
ne. ohio
Ownership

1. 700-2
Definitely old school Hein Werner. It might be a M series depending on tonnage. I believe you can still get seals for it. Maybe some hard parts if you find a dealer that has been around 40+ years.
at least now I know who makes it. no idea what tonnage it is. believe it or not this one still works great it's 2 of the Craftsman that need rebuilt. should have seen me trying to get that in and out of the trunk of a 77 Monte Carlo. Thanks for the info I appreciate it.

Reactions: CID and Smitty335
Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
at least now I know who makes it. no idea what tonnage it is. believe it or not this one still works great it's 2 of the Craftsman that need rebuilt. should have seen me trying to get that in and out of the trunk of a 77 Monte Carlo. Thanks for the info I appreciate it.
The easiest way to load the long chassis service jacks is as follows.

Roll up to your vehicle
Stand with 1 foot over each front wheel.
Grab both front wheels, lift, drag and place onto tailgate or trunk.

Go to read of jack, lift by t handle, walk it right into truck/trunk. I have loaded up to 20t jacks like this for years.

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If these are the jacks that don't work. They really are not worth repairing. You may not be able to find complete kits. You will need to measure every seal and track down replacements.
Screenshot 20230204 144135 Chrome

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
If these are the jacks that don't work. They really are not worth repairing. You may not be able to find complete kits. You will need to measure every seal and track down replacements.
View attachment 372890 to know
Good to know, I've got one like the one on the right that's busted.

Reactions: FJC 79
FJC 79

FJC 79

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 3, 2020
ne. ohio
Ownership

1. 700-2
View attachment 372890
yep they both drift. good excuse to buy one with 30s on it lol Thank You again. I take it you do hyd repair.

Reactions: Smitty335
Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
yep they both drift. good excuse to buy one with 30s on it lol Thank You again. I take it you do hyd repair.
I did for 5 or 6 years in Ontario before I moved down here with my current company. Still a bit of a hobby, occasionally rebuild stuff for work. Shop floor guys think it is funny when the office guy comes on the floor and shows them how it is done.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Our first Christmas together my wife got me a Craftsman 2.5 ton floor jack, that was in 1985. We were poor but I needed a jack (and yes, I married up). That jack finally died last year.
I was in the middle of a project so I ran to Lowe's (it's not like there is a Sears around anymore) and the only thing on the shelf that looked at all decent was also branded cratsman.
There is a term we use at work "fit for service" (I think the actual English translation is "YOU ARE ENGINEER? I DONT THINK SO. EVEN MONKEY CAN DO, WHY YOU CAN NOT DO?).
This new jack is not even one year old and it is not fit for service.
And, just to be clear, I don't give any s*** about warrenty - on consumer goods that is a placebo to placate Karen's that want to b**** and moan there way thorough life.

What is a home owner grade jack worth having?
I want it to work when I want it to with out me needing to work on it.
I want it to lower the load with some control without needing a vice grip on the handle because it's jammed.
And if it's worth having the price is secondary.

@DG Rider @CumminsPusher @HondaTech any input?
(The first one to mention harbour freight gets ignored)
FB IMG 1681096625291

lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
Closing the loop on this (finally).

I went with a 3 ton Hein-Werner floor jack.
But wait, there’s more…

I saw some guy on YouTube who said the medium and tall Sunrx jack stands are perfect for supporting a Chevy truck.
But I didn’t capture where I saw it (yes, I keep a file with brand/model and website of stuff I might want to refer back to later).
I was in a hurry looking for info on replacing a water pump and when I tried to go through my history I didn’t find that video.
So I just pushed the button anyway and waited for Amazon to deliver it all.
The items came over 3 days.
I think the Amazon guy backed his van as close to the garage door being mindful of the roof overhang and just pushed the boxes out the back.
Never mind the next to the door s***.

I love the jack stands.
They are way overkill and will outlast me and the next owner.

Jack and stands.
Rated for 10 tons, not sure if that is the weight a pair of stands will support or if that is the weight of the stands.
Definitely a two hand lift for a guy my age.
IMG 3045

And the truck on the stands.
IMG 3047

I don’t see being in the market for a jack and stands again in this life.

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5

But wait, there’s more…

I saw some guy on YouTube who said the medium and tall Sunrx jack stands are perfect for supporting a Chevy truck.
But I didn’t capture where I saw it (yes, I keep a file with brand/model and website of stuff I might want to refer back to later).
I was in a hurry looking for info on replacing a water pump and when I tried to go through my history I didn’t find that video.
I think the Amazon guy backed his van as close to the garage door being mindful of the roof overhang and just pushed the boxes out the back.

I love the jack stands.

Jack and stands.
Rated for 10 tons, not sure if that is the weight a pair of stands will support or if that is the weight of the stands.
View attachment 408593

View attachment 408594

🤯🤯🤯
Nice!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV

But wait, there’s more…

I love the jack stands.

Jack and stands.
View attachment 408593

View attachment 408594

I can appreciate the need for a good quality lasting jack and jack stands when ya own an Isuzu.

Last edited:
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

But wait, there’s more…

I love the jack stands.

Jack and stands.
View attachment 408593

View attachment 408594

Cool setup. That should keep that Government Motors Corporation pickup safe in its natural habitat for quite some time. 😁

• Haha
Reactions: NTCPrezJB
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!