What floor jack is worth having? (Now BIGGEST TIRE ON A BADLANDS)

906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I’ve been using HF aluminum and I’ve had great luck. Pre ordered the HF Badlands Off-road jack. Very excited for that one

B1EACB66 9D7C 4D3A ACCB C8DC8EC876E9

906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
Could always go with one of these

Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Could always go with one of these

I got 2 of them that are similar. Works great, but you need a big compressor imo otherwise it’s a bit slow lifting.

I sure wouldn’t work under them, not that you should with any jack.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Our first Christmas together my wife got me a Craftsman 2.5 ton floor jack, that was in 1985. We were poor but I needed a jack (and yes, I married up). That jack finally died last year.
I was in the middle of a project so I ran to Lowe's (it's not like there is a Sears around anymore) and the only thing on the shelf that looked at all decent was also branded cratsman.
There is a term we use at work "fit for service" (I think the actual English translation is "YOU ARE ENGINEER? I DONT THINK SO. EVEN MONKEY CAN DO, WHY YOU CAN NOT DO?).
This new jack is not even one year old and it is not fit for service.
And, just to be clear, I don't give any s*** about warrenty - on consumer goods that is a placebo to placate Karen's that want to b**** and moan there way thorough life.

What is a home owner grade jack worth having?
I want it to work when I want it to with out me needing to work on it.
I want it to lower the load with some control without needing a vice grip on the handle because it's jammed.
And if it's worth having the price is secondary.

@DG Rider @CumminsPusher @HondaTech any input?
(The first one to mention harbour freight gets ignored)
My "home" jack is a Pittsburgh from...Harbor freight. Doesn't get used a ton but has given no issues.

I think all the jacks at the shop are Sunex, which is more than I would pay for a home jack.

Honestly...the Daytona stuff from... Harbor Freight...is probably the best for the money.

lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
Screenshot 20230115 001148

@Vikes79for the win!
I updated the thread title.
And since so many said HF I will cut you some slack this time. :p

Thanks for the input guys.
I'm tired of our consumer junk model of retail.
We as a nation have become too stupid to understand what quality is or what it can do for us.
I get having low end stuff avalible for the guy that sort of remebers where the garage is.
But I'm the middle guy in the old Sears model of good, better and best.
I'll never get the use out of a pro jack (too damn old to out last it).
But I have a phobia about having to fix or replace the tools before fixing the project.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
View attachment 370026

@Vikes79for the win!

We as a nation have become too stupid to understand what quality is or what it can do for us.
I get having low end stuff avalible for the guy that sort of remebers where the garage is.
But I have a phobia about having to fix or replace the tools before fixing the project.
And I agree. You know I like dependability over anything, literally. But I do give credit the HF aren’t bad, learned not to leave something jacked up for months lol.

R

RedorDead

Jan 3, 2023
USA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I too despise buying cheap tools, especially those from behind the Great Wall. I guess I fit the description of a prosumer because I have the skills and can do professional grade work. I just don‘t do it for money any more. It seems the selection in tools has polarized, it’s either grossly overpriced stuff designed as much to appeal to professional vanity as bring significantly improved functionality or durability vs everything chynese.

That said, I use a HF aluminum for HD pickups and anything smaller.

thashane

thashane

Lifetime Member
Oct 19, 2020
norCa
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I have Alcans from when Costco was selling them 15 years ago. Just got the big tire Badlands, seems to work, i could never justify a ProEagle, so I'm excited for this pooreagle. I would get one if you work on the dirt.
I wouldn't hesitate to get a Daytona. if you look into the history, it's a direct copy of the Snap-On, because it's made in the same chinese factory according to HF (if you read the lawsuit)

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I have a 3 Ton HF low profile Pittsburgh I bought roughly 15+ yrs ago. I use it on everything. Its been in the dirt, snow when I was poor and had no garage. Its lifted my giant TH, my 1-ton Diesel truck, even on my Stainless Western MVP3 V plow during service. Only thing Ive done is change the Hydraulic fluid every couple years, key to keep your jack for long service life that many do not do. Learned that working for the Race teams. Also have the HF aluminum 1-1/2 ton I keep in my inclosed trailer for emergencies.

When I worked for Roush Racing/Industries in Livonia Mi we had a Mac Tools truck cuz they were a co sponsor on all our race cars so we got employee discounts and payroll deduction. Anyway, bought and still have many of those tools. There floor jack I bought didnt last 5yrs with doing the service I talked about to it. It was Push Start (India) made and was $350 roughly 20yrs ago.

All that said, I have anther beat to $hit and back 2-1/2 ton heavy as fuc jack with a quick lever pump from Wally World my Dad bought me when I was like 19 while I was in vocational collage as gift, roughly 30 yrs ago still going strong thats up in mycabins garage now. It will kick your ass and when u pick it up to move it your asshole will be hanging out 2-3’ guaranteed 🤣 It was made in Germany cant remember the name off hand? But I call it The Fuhrer😂

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I have a 3 Ton HF low profile Pittsburgh I bought roughly 15+ yrs ago. I use it on everything. Its been in the dirt, snow when I was poor and had no garage. Its lifted my giant TH, my 1-ton Diesel truck, even on my Stainless Western MVP3 V plow during service. Only thing Ive done is change the Hydraulic fluid every couple years, key to keep your jack for long service life that many do not do. Learned that working for the Race teams. Also have the HF aluminum 1-1/2 ton I keep in my inclosed trailer for emergencies.

When I worked for Roush Racing/Industries in Livonia Mi we had a Mac Tools truck cuz they were a co sponsor on all our race cars so we got employee discounts and payroll deduction. Anyway, bought and still have many of those tools. There floor jack I bought didnt last 5yrs with doing the service I talked about to it. It was Push Start (India) made and was $350 roughly 20yrs ago.

All that said, I have anther beat to $hit and back 2-1/2 ton heavy as fuc jack with a quick lever pump from Wally World my Dad bought me when I was like 19 while I was in vocational collage as gift, roughly 30 yrs ago still going strong thats up in mycabins garage now. It will kick your ass and when u pick it up to move it your asshole will be hanging out 2-3’ guaranteed 🤣 It was made in Germany cant remember the name off hand? But I call it The Fuhrer😂
So much NoMo needed there's nowhere to start.......

Mopower58

Mopower58

CST is the Best!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
View attachment 370026

@Vikes79for the win!

I intentionally stay away from China if possible.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!