Mudwisel

Mudwisel

Lifetime Member
Nov 23, 2020
Tampa Bay Florida
Ownership

1. 700-2

2. 1000-5
I couldn't agree with you more @CID I do love my Talon. I hate to say it, but I like it way more than I did my P1000 and I loved that thing. I sold it with over 25,000 miles. Glad that thing couldn't talk.

I guess I will just have to settle for this as @osobad has mentioned. My Talon is already red.

View attachment 429120

Still curious about those 100 cc's though. Where did they add them?

@SLOWPOKE693 Does the Africa Twin heads flow better? What's the reasoning behind people adding them to the Talon?

What are "BC" cams? I sure would love to take a rip with you in your race car. You know to see what I'm missing and can't afford. Lol

Does anyone happen to know the winning Florida lotto numbers for the next drawing? Asking for a friend. Just kidding it's me, I need them.
I have some of the soon to be released 20hp stickers. Let me know if you need one

Mudwisel

Mudwisel

Lifetime Member
Nov 23, 2020
Tampa Bay Florida
Ownership

1. 700-2

2. 1000-5
Believe whatever your snake oil salesman tells ya! It’s only a better deal when the stickers are free though!
I can always add a sticker to make slow ass panels faster. A lot harder to do the opposite. Just saying. One mans snake oil is another mans nitro:):):)

Last edited:
Brett002

Brett002

Feb 28, 2017
Bangladesh
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon R
Well I have one horse that is stubborn and won't leave the barn most days. Some would call her a a$$. Do you have any +19hp stickers possibly @osobad?

Man, that intake adapter looks straight from NASA @SLOWPOKE693, did it just re-enter our atmosphere or what?

No telling what that cost.

I have no need or want to open my engine up but isn't it cool when you read what others are doing to stay on top. That being racing, mudding, etc. I've always been into horsepower and mods and reading about them. Even though I'm to chicken to try any of them.

Heck I've had a PV3 for mine for over a year. Told myself that I was going to do all the research on the tunes offered to find which was best for me. Still haven't tuned my machine. I have landed on the Florida Cracker Tune though. He is the closest to me (altitude wise) and I like what he is offering. Everyone that has his tune says it really wakes the machine up. I guess I will bite the bullet here soon. I do have a hmf exhaust though. That's about as far as my engine mods have gone. Let's keep this thread alive or start a new one where people can read about the mods they have done to compete with what's on the market from the competitors. I know we own the best machines made, and I stand on that 100%. I love going to ride with Honda's because I know I won't be pulling anyone back to the trailer.

Mudwisel

Mudwisel

Lifetime Member
Nov 23, 2020
Tampa Bay Florida
Ownership

1. 700-2

2. 1000-5
Well I have one horse that is stubborn and won't leave the barn most days. Some would call her a a$$. Do you have any +19hp stickers possibly @osobad?

Man, that intake adapter looks straight from NASA @SLOWPOKE693, did it just re-enter our atmosphere or what?

No telling what that cost.

I have no need or want to open my engine up but isn't it cool when you read what others are doing to stay on top. That being racing, mudding, etc. I've always been into horsepower and mods and reading about them. Even though I'm to chicken to try any of them.

Heck I've had a PV3 for mine for over a year. Told myself that I was going to do all the research on the tunes offered to find which was best for me. Still haven't tuned my machine. I have landed on the Florida Cracker Tune though. He is the closest to me (altitude wise) and I like what he is offering. Everyone that has his tune says it really wakes the machine up. I guess I will bite the bullet here soon. I do have a hmf exhaust though. That's about as far as my engine mods have gone. Let's keep this thread alive or start a new one where people can read about the mods they have done to compete with what's on the market from the competitors. I know we own the best machines made, and I stand on that 100%. I love going to ride with Honda's because I know I won't be pulling anyone back to the trailer.
I say let him. I will be taking mine to him so he can tweak some of the tunes for the newer pioneers. Its more than just fuel and air ratio with these DCT transmission. I know he plays with the clutch pressure throughout the curve. If you ever look at his video of his machine he is running no gear reduction with tires and rims at 67lbs each and equal to 33s. He does have a Talon intake and trinity exhaust but his pioneer moves

SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
I wouldn't even own/race a SxS if Honda hadn't come out with the Talon. I'd driven friends Rzr's and Can Ams in the past and wanted nothing to do with belts or cheaply made parts (Polaris!!!) at the ridiculous prices they wanted for the machines. I bought a first year Talon R for a steal, turned it into a race car immediately and have had zero problem with it. I love my Talon

DRZRon1

DRZRon1

May 11, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X
im offended (not) - hand built - no credit card bolt-on cowboy here :p
IMG 4988
IMG 4988IMG 5093IMG 5128IMG 4988IMG 5093IMG 5128
IMG 5093
IMG 5128

advertisement
Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I remember when the Pioneer 1000 first came out and there were fellas on here that were modding the crap out of that engine to find the best performance gains with other Honda parts from the Africa Twin motorcycle. Then the Talon arrived, and they took parts from it to put into their P1000 to get even more performance gains all the way down to the ECU. Has anyone tried playing with the Africa Twin cams in the Talon? I'm not saying it's a great idea... but there used to be guys on here that were willing to be the guinea pigs for the rest of us on modding their utv to get the best gains possible (not me). Swapping the Africa Twin cams to the Talon is just an example. I know some things can hinder performance too. With what is offered by Honda with this powertrain there has to be something in the Africa Twin, Talon, and/or P1000. That offers some gains when swapping stuff around. I'll be the first to admit that I probably would never crack open my Talon engine, but it sure was cool to see the ideas that those people had when it came to adding performance. There was even a guy that (I don't remember who) basically had the Talon engine in his P1000. He replaced almost every part on his P1000 engine to have the Talon upgrades. If I remember right the Talon has a upgraded throttle body and intake. These parts alone would wake up any P1000 to be an animal. It still wouldn't ride like a Talon, but I think some guys are looking for bolt ons like this to beat their buddy in a drag race, or to spin the tires where they wouldn't spin before. Now that Honda has the Africa Twin 1100 I task Talon/ P1000 owners with finding out how we get those extra "100" cc's in our UTV's...

I don't claim to be an expert on any of this. Please don't crucify me for bringing this up. There has to be something left on the table though. Something has to have been overlooked as far as waking these things up.
Basically where this went was swapping in talon parts to make it the same. snuff and @joeymt33 are running this setup, think snuff turboed it as well but took it off as it was too much. We were going to do this to my pioneer, but they advised against it without doing the long travel they designed. Which I didn't want to make it illegal due to width in my state. But the suspension on a factory travel machine they figured was too much and you'd probably wreck bad. I do run the talon ecu and it's great. But you'd need the tune file to make it work with all the differences.

SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
I already had the talon ECU and then added the throttle body, throttle body spacer, cam shaft, and injectors. It’s a significant difference.

Have you had any issues with the wrist pins or piston scuffing because of the lack of piston squirters the Pioneer has vs the Talon? Im also assuming you rev it higher with the Talon ECU and injectors vs a stock Pioneer.

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Maybe they got tired of "bold new graphics" and switch to a brand that actually makes improvements.
I think for the most part the ones that "considered" another brand are too busy fixing shît to be on the forum anymore 😂😂😂 that or they don't want to get them dusty so they park on carpeted garages😂

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Have you had any issues with the wrist pins or piston scuffing because of the lack of piston squirters the Pioneer has vs the Talon? Im also assuming you rev it higher with the Talon ECU and injectors vs a stock Pioneer.
I believe you can adjust that even on the stock pioneer ecu. Talon ecu gives you ability to shift while going in reverse, no torque limiters, and like 3 other things.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!