P1000 What is the BEST extra battery that will fit under the hood?

DawgU

DawgU

Lifetime Member
Dec 20, 2022
Oakland TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I don't care about the cost. Just want to know the best one that will fit. Need to know that before I order the isolator kit 'cause I need to know whether or not to get the lithium one or not - or if I should make a lithium one the main battery and use the stock for the secondary one. I've read some post that seem to question the use of lithium as the secondary battery - but have seen any consensus around that issue, or the best battery to use. I hate battery problems, so I don't care what it costs. Your thoughts are greatly appreciated!!!

Reactions: Smitty335
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I hate to burst your bubble, but there is no “Best” battery for your second necessarily. Everyone has there own experiences with different types. This topic is becoming to be the new “whats the best tire” question 🤣 As many think i sound Rude when I say this but IFGAF lol, check out the search up top to get the same opinions your gonna get here once this thread blows up.

Now Ill start it for ya….
My recommendation is good ole AGM batteries. Have had them on my P1 since 16’, changed them once and had them on my TX2 for 2 years. Its all in how much crap “accessories” you put on, how you isolate your amp draw (what stays running all the time) and how you maintain it (float charger) when the machine is at idle (stored)

As for brand, Pic your poison. Tecnically there are only a couple battery manufacturers in the US that put various names on the batteries. As for specific brand, ive had odyssey and mighty max, both have been good and lasted the same , One is just more pricey, so again pic your poison. Here is the link to my currant battery and pics of my float charging system. Good luck to you and do t forget to post pics of your final soliton POIDH.
IMG 2504

IMG 1736

ML26-12 12V 26AH Sealed 12 Volt DEEP - Cycle Rechargeable Battery https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00MHNMJWK?tag=sxsweb24-20

Last edited:
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
You need a few more taps on that positive terminal. Just sayin’
Dam right I do! 🤣
Actually I should have cut that off in the pic not to confuse the OP.
I was in the process of a revamp of under the hood and moved a few to the main temporarily. Now its just the main cable and the float charger.

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Reasonably priced SLA/AGM battery that was/is popular with many adding a 2nd battery to their P1K. Has worked very well for me.

Test - Grid

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!