P1000 What OEM add-ons

Baumer8907

Baumer8907

Apr 22, 2020
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey guys, I know there is a crazy amount of after market products out there. I am trying to decide what I should order OEM Honda and what can be bought after market. The biggest question I have is the switch panel. Is it really easy to find a aftermarket or should I get the OEM from Honda for fittability? Not sure If I will have to add an Aux battery or not?

Here is what I am thinking of buying from Honda
Roof
Switches?
A-arm Guards - Later
Windshield- Later

After Market
Audio
Lighting
Bed Mat
Winch

Reactions: Isaiah
E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Welcome to the forum.
There are so many options and choices for you. I went with OEM roof, hard glass front and rear sliding widows. For me these have worked out great. I have also added a Warn 4500# winch and LE rims and...…….

S

Surveyor

Lifetime Member
May 13, 2019
Auburn, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I bought a lightly used 2016 a year ago. It had the Honda hard roof, winch and split windshield. The Honda hard roof seems to be the general favorite here.
Over the past month I have added the hard doors, glass windshield and wiper, hard midpanel with slider and the Honda switch plate.
Still in the process of adding the Honda heater. I even paid the long dollar and got the horn. There are much cheaper and easier options for that.
Honda generally errs on the safe side and doesn't call for a second battery if adding their accessories.
I hated the split windshield it rattled like crazy. Glass windshield seals to the roof very well. It does get hot inside iven with the windows down and the slider open. Looking at adding a roof vent to get some air flow.
I will probably also add a windshield washer pump.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Check out @mystic1219 he's got nice plates 😉

Hondoman

Hondoman

Fundamentals are the crutch for the talentless.
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2017
Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey guys, I know there is a crazy amount of after market products out there. I am trying to decide what I should order OEM Honda and what can be bought after market. The biggest question I have is the switch panel. Is it really easy to find a aftermarket or should I get the OEM from Honda for fittability? Not sure If I will have to add an Aux battery or not?

Here is what I am thinking of buying from Honda
Roof
Switches?
A-arm Guards - Later
Windshield- Later

After Market
Audio
Lighting
Bed Mat
Winch
I would go oem roof, aftermarket all else.

S

Surveyor

Lifetime Member
May 13, 2019
Auburn, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
+1 on the under dash storage

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!