Ownership

1. 1000-3

P

Piper19p

Sep 2, 2021
Shafer Mn
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Looks pretty good. Factory doors are either side of 3k. Tracks, most likely a heater. If you want that set up, it’s a no brainer. Still waiting on an original august 29th delivery here. A machine in hand would be nice. Maybe this week….

Bombardier Convert

Bombardier Convert

Oct 3, 2021
Minnesota USA
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Scam possible!
that low milage and a 16’ i bet the clutch update hasn't been done. With tracks, thats a must.
That's exactly what I was thinking. This has been the only craigslist add for a honda pioneer within about 100 miles of me in months. It is about $4000 more than I will be paying for a new P1k-3 which should be in town anytime. I do not want the tracks anyway. I think I will just sit tight.

P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Scams are usually really low priced. If you're interested in checking it out, you'll know in seconds after contacting the seller if it's a scam.

I wouldn't expect a scammer to know anything about tracks.

Even with all the stuff, I still think that's kind of high.

Bombardier Convert

Bombardier Convert

Oct 3, 2021
Minnesota USA
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Scams are usually really low priced. If you're interested in checking it out, you'll know in seconds after contacting the seller if it's a scam.

I wouldn't expect a scammer to know anything about tracks.

Even with all the stuff, I still think that's kind of high.
Yes I have seen adds on Craigslist for really nice vehicles for ridiculously low price and immediately know that is a scam. But no warranty on this anyway and who know how those few miles were rode. But it looks pretty sweet in the picture.

B

bridgermgmt

Jul 18, 2021
Tahoe
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Full cab is 3K just for hard doors and another 600 mid panel, 600 for fabric sides and 200 for rear(self installed).
Tracks are (camso)5K - 11K(mattracks) depending on brand
I bet the model is worth $10-15. But it looks like it has the updated rims, so it could be just the very base model with a bunch of upgrades or an upgraded model they chose not to say.

Low miles is nice. But with that little use, its probably going to need to be gone through pretty well to make sure its solid. Either way, with this market, you could always flip it for 25 if you could get it for a little less your loosing nothing....

Bow4life

Bow4life

Supporting Member
Mar 5, 2021
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I found the ad too, and looking at the pics I think it's a deluxe model. The headlights look like the LEDs. I wouldnt worry about the miles so much, it looks like it's been stored inside when not used. When I bought my pickup it was 3 years old and had 300 miles on it, that was 10 years and 93000 miles ago and it's been great. Based on condition and the fact that it's got a cab and tracks, I bet it was mostly used for ice fishing. I buy and sell alot on CL in MN and that ad doesnt seem like a scam. Usually they are pretty easy to spot. That said, it does seem a bit overpriced but considering the current availability market and uncertainty with getting new ones maybe not. I would respond to the ad and get some more info. You could always sell the tracks if you dont want them. Looks like a nice machine, good luck!

Last edited:
Bombardier Convert

Bombardier Convert

Oct 3, 2021
Minnesota USA
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Thank you for everyone who commented on this post! Although very temping to bite on this, I am not a gambler with that kind of money involved and 100 miles away from where I live. The p1k-3 I have money down on could be here any day now. I think I will just wait for it and be happy with that. If this machine is within anyone's reach and affordability and comfort zone I would say go for it! I would not be upset at all.

Bow4life

Bow4life

Supporting Member
Mar 5, 2021
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Looks like you made your decision. Honestly not a bad idea, it's nice to have something brand new, especially a sxs. Then you know what you have and all the maintenance that's been done to it. Best of luck with the 1k3, hopefully it gets here soon.

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Thank you for everyone who commented on this post! Although very temping to bite on this, I am not a gambler with that kind of money involved and 100 miles away from where I live. The p1k-3 I have money down on could be here any day now. I think I will just wait for it and be happy with that. If this machine is within anyone's reach and affordability and comfort zone I would say go for it! I would not be upset at all.
Found myself in the same boat, and just waited for a new one. There are very few things that I buy used, and powersports equipment isn't one of them. I don't like the idea of potentially inheriting someone else's problems.

B

bs4u00

Mar 6, 2019
WI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm leary of any machine that has had tracks on it. Tracks are really hard on them. If it was driven 400 miles with tracks, I'd say let it go and go buy your new one instead. If you wanted a machine with tracks, then it'd be different.

Bombardier Convert

Bombardier Convert

Oct 3, 2021
Minnesota USA
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I'm leary of any machine that has had tracks on it. Tracks are really hard on them. If it was driven 400 miles with tracks, I'd say let it go and go buy your new one instead. If you wanted a machine with tracks, then it'd be different.
That's what I was thinking too about the tracks being hard on the machine. I have decided to wait for my p1k3.

Reactions: Lady01

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!