P1000 What size Spanner wrench on the shocks for a PK-5 LE?

SuperDutyJohn

SuperDutyJohn

Aug 20, 2018
Vero Beach, FL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
What is the size spanner wrench for the LE FOX shocks?

Reactions: BWAF
SuperDutyJohn

SuperDutyJohn

Aug 20, 2018
Vero Beach, FL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Okay, I have all those but they are causing damage; obviously I could just use a chisel but I want the exact size. I bought one off Amazon that said it was the size and the small side only fits the lock ring and the larger side is too small for the pre loading side. I believe it's an 87mm spanner on the large side. I'm guessing something on the 90+ mm or larger range?

I've searched on the Fox sites and nothing.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Okay, I have all those but they are causing damage; obviously I could just use a chisel but I want the exact size. I bought one off Amazon that said it was the size and the small side only fits the lock ring and the larger side is too small for the pre loading side. I believe it's an 87mm spanner on the large side. I'm guessing something on the 90+ mm or larger range?

I've searched on the Fox sites and nothing.
Ill tell you how I do the adjustments with a spammer wrench. Probably not very popular here, but this is how we did adjustments at a NASCAR shop I worked at years ago for ease and not to screw up the Finnish. So first, got to make sure all the gunk possible is off the shock threads and in between the locking rings. Then, spray some Penetrating/lubricating oil on the threads and In between the lock rings. I prefer PJ8 but others will do. The next is key and not the normal what most folks do. After the above is done and soaked for a bit I suggest to remove the shocks and carfuly drape a rag in a vise (so u don’t scratch the shock) and Secure the end (where the bolt would go in) to the vise. This will get you a better working area and more ease to unlock and adjust the shock, your odds of scratching the hell out of them greatly diminishes and to adjust them will be much easier. You can try the popular way of jacking the machine up till the tention is just off the shock but your limited to space and sometimes difficult to know if the tention is truly off and you’ll be cussing a bit. Hope this helps.

SuperDutyJohn

SuperDutyJohn

Aug 20, 2018
Vero Beach, FL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Ill tell you how I do the adjustments with a spammer wrench. Probably not very popular here, but this is how we did adjustments at a NASCAR shop I worked at years ago for ease and not to screw up the Finnish. So first, got to make sure all the gunk possible is off the shock threads and in between the locking rings. Then, spray some Penetrating/lubricating oil on the threads and In between the lock rings. I prefer PJ8 but others will do. The next is key and not the normal what most folks do. After the above is done and soaked for a bit I suggest to remove the shocks and carfuly drape a rag in a vise (so u don’t scratch the shock) and Secure the end (where the bolt would go in) to the vise. This will get you a better working area and more ease to unlock and adjust the shock, your odds of scratching the hell out of them greatly diminishes and to adjust them will be much easier. You can try the popular way of jacking the machine up till the tention is just off the shock but your limited to space and sometimes difficult to know if the tention is truly off and you’ll be cussing a bit. Hope this helps.
It does help. My plan is to jack up the machine, take the top of the shock mount off and use a
Automotive Shock Mcpherson Strut Coil Spring Compressor Tool and then the smaller spanner wrench I have. If there is still not room, I'll take the whole shock off like you mentioned.

Reactions: Remington and BWAF
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
It does help. My plan is to jack up the machine, take the top of the shock mount off and use a
Automotive Shock Mcpherson Strut Coil Spring Compressor Tool and then the smaller spanner wrench I have. If there is still not room, I'll take the whole shock off like you mentioned.
Give that a try, although you might have just as much time in it or more doing it that way than removing it altogether ;) let us know how it goes.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!