BOX1

P1000 What Spare Parts to Keep On-Hand?

OnTheJob

OnTheJob

Dec 29, 2017
Bristol, NY
Ownership

1. 1000-3
It's happened to me, bent a tie-rod the Friday before Memorial Day Weekend and it took 4-5 days to get a new one delivered, also not anything my local dealers keep in stock. Killed my weekend - I ordered two. I see recently someone needed a front brake line part. I know I've seen a list of tools with a partial list of spare parts to carry with you. What I'm thinking is a bin in the garage with Honda Pioneer spare parts so I don't have to wait 4-5 days for delivery. I can get back up in running in a couple hours.

What do you think?

Reactions: Isaiah and TripleB
Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
3-4 tie rods and a front axle, should hold you over for the roughest terrain unless you’re just a REALLY bad driver.
Or really unlucky. Pick up some of the push clips too. I think you can get them in a bag of 100 for pretty cheap on Amazon. Toss some in your glovebox/toolbag.

Kilo427

Kilo427

Not about the destination Its about the journey
Lifetime Member
Dec 10, 2015
I usually take a wiring harness, a couple steering racks, 5-6 ball joints, extra ecu, extra knuckles all around, all the nuts and bolts for A arms, 4 tie rods, 10 axles, a couple wheel bearings, cotter pins, have patch kit, valve stem replacement, ball joint press, vice in the receiver hitch, 4 extra tires mounted, ball joint removal tool, Band tool for the boots, c02 kit for reseating beads, 20 foot of wire drive shaft adapter, grease, loctite, silicone, rubber cement and a little scotch. Pretty much just the basics

urbancoyboyja

urbancoyboyja

Buckle Up, I Want To Try Something...
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 25, 2017
WV, USA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've looked used the search bar, but can't find the answers.... Are both front axles the same part number? Are tie rods the same part number?

Reactions: Isaiah
Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
I've looked used the search bar, but can't find the answers.... Are both front axles the same part number? Are tie rods the same part number?
Tie-rods and front axles are interchangeable L/R. The rear axles are not as one side is slightly shorter than the other.

ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I usually take a wiring harness, a couple steering racks, 5-6 ball joints, extra ecu, extra knuckles all around, all the nuts and bolts for A arms, 4 tie rods, 10 axles, a couple wheel bearings, cotter pins, have patch kit, valve stem replacement, ball joint press, vice in the receiver hitch, 4 extra tires mounted, ball joint removal tool, Band tool for the boots, c02 kit for reseating beads, 20 foot of wire drive shaft adapter, grease, loctite, silicone, rubber cement and a little scotch. Pretty much just the basics

Thanks for the balljoint. The vise definitely came in handy

• Haha
Reactions: Isaiah and JTW
D

DDDonkey

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 29, 2017
AZ

And I thought I carried too much!

R

rickoshea

"insert Polaris joke here"

70Bones

70Bones

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2017
New Brunswick Canada
You're guaranteed to not have a problem is you carry all of that stuff! lol

70Bones

70Bones

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2017
New Brunswick Canada
It's happened to me, bent a tie-rod the Friday before Memorial Day Weekend and it took 4-5 days to get a new one delivered, also not anything my local dealers keep in stock. Killed my weekend - I ordered two. I see recently someone needed a front brake line part. I know I've seen a list of tools with a partial list of spare parts to carry with you. What I'm thinking is a bin in the garage with Honda Pioneer spare parts so I don't have to wait 4-5 days for delivery. I can get back up in running in a couple hours.

What do you think?
I wouldn't have let a bent tie rod stop me, they can be fixed easily, or cut and a sleeve welded on, or something to get me going for the weekend! There's always someone ready to make a few bucks on a friday evening or Saturday of a long weekend

S

Superthrill

Supporting Member
Oct 4, 2018
North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Last bent tie rod I saw took out the brake line as well. Those are now in the box as well.

Reactions: TripleB
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!