What tires recommended? Roctane xd or itp blackwater evo

10spoke

Oct 8, 2013
I'm looking for a set of tires. And came down to these 2 tires. Sti roctane 27in on 14s or itp blackwater evolution 27 or 28. I don't know too much about them or know anybody with them. I'm just wanting something else besides bh.

Blackwater Evolutions Gytamu6e
RoctanesGa3eve5a

bigc

bigc

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 16, 2013
no experience with blackwaters but roctanes are good heavy duty tires with stiff sidewalls they will last along time

10spoke

Oct 8, 2013
From what I've read the roctane might have some leaky bead issues. Haven't found any bad about the itp blackwater besides the price. Now the decision 27 or 28??

Reactions: Chet
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
I kinda like the Roctanes. Like that they both have the bead lock.
I was reading about the bead leaking on them also.

*added pictures to post 1.

J

jwilliams3

Nov 12, 2013
I also read about a leaking bead but we may have all read the same one review. I didn't see anymore reviews with this issue. Seems like that would be covered under warranty.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
bigc said:
no experience with blackwaters but roctanes are good heavy duty tires with stiff sidewalls they will last along time

What sizes have you had, were they on a SxS or Quad? asking because I didn't know if there would be any effect with the weight difference. I am wearing the blackstones down fairly quickly spinning the tires as much as I am in the coarse soil I have here.

S

sksshooter

Oct 24, 2013
i have a set of itp mudlight xl's that ive had for about 5-6 years and while they have worn awesome they have leaked around the bead for a long time. I know several others with them that have had the same issues and it seems like every time I turn around im hearing of people having issues with itp tires. im leaning to my next set not being itp due to this.

BigRiver

BigRiver

Lifetime Member
Feb 26, 2013
I've haven't had much experience with various brands except for Maxxis Bighorns.
Ive had them on my Rubicon for 8 or 9 years and have had great wear and only one flat...due to a bad valve stem.
BTW, I special ordered Maxis 15" E rated tires for my tandem trailer. Very good reviews and one of few trailer tires Not made in China!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!