P1000 what winch for p1000-5

L

laudy

Nov 1, 2019
United States
Ownership

1. 1000-5
new to site if this is old topic please forgive me. been researching winches. seen where some are not please with the angle of the rope/cable in front of machine. what are you guys running, rope , cable, capacity, etc. have a warn on my old 2006 rincon, just got a hell of a deal on a new left over 2019 p1000-5 deluxe and would like to add a winch.
thanks in advance
laudy

R

rickoshea

i use a warn 2000 lb. i used it to pull my boat/trailer into my townhouse garage.boats at the cottage full time now so it went into the p1k temporarily.it's way underpowered for my machine so i carry a couple snatch/sheave blocks and some extra cable but it works good for pulling firewood logs to the trail.i did use it to pull me out of a large mud hole and it probably would have killed it if it were a chinese winch,but it did get me out and it was a significant mudpit.the kfi winch mount is set really low and if you use a hawse fairlead it will rub in a level/downward pull.when i do upgrade it will be a minimum 4500lb.

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
new to site if this is old topic please forgive me. been researching winches. seen where some are not please with the angle of the rope/cable in front of machine. what are you guys running, rope , cable, capacity, etc. have a warn on my old 2006 rincon, just got a hell of a deal on a new left over 2019 p1000-5 deluxe and would like to add a winch.
thanks in advance
laudy
As @rickoshea mentioned, the KFI mount puts the winch cable at an angle coming out of the fairlead. I use the KFI and was initially worried about the angle, but I've used the winch dozens of times now with no issue so I stopped worrying about it. I did grind a bit of the bottom of the bumper opening off because the cable sat pretty close when taught. As far as winches go, you'll want a 4500 at the least. The Viper winches that @Hondasxs sells in the site store are great, and you can't go wrong with a Warn, Superwinch, etc name brand. I'm using a Harbor Freight Badlands 5000 and have yet to have any issues with it. It's not the fastest, quietest, or most efficient but for the price it's hard to beat. Look for Amsteel synthetic rope if going with a synthetic winch line.

Pilotadam

Pilotadam

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2019
Pell City, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I ran a Viper 4500lb winch for 10 years on my Kawasaki Teryx with little problem. But it was time to be replaced. I ended up replacing the whole machine with a Honda P1k5. I put a 5500lbs warn axiom on it. Super easy to install and pulls a lot stronger.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Dirtstiffs-1000

Dirtstiffs-1000

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Nov 3, 2018
Republican from the wet side of Oregonifornia
hondasxs.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Viper Elite Wide spool 6000#.
Amsteel blue cable - 65ft.
Included aluminum hawse fairlead, 2 hard wired switches and a wireless remote.
Viper winch mount plate and bolts.
Perfect angle, no problems, workhorse of a winch.
Super easy to install and wire. Great directions with color coded pics.

Check out the hondasidexside.com store.
JMO

Jim

Last edited:
Daveymw

Daveymw

Oct 9, 2019
KY
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I have a KFI Stealth SE45 I am real happy with. Got it as a kit off Amazon including the KFI mount for P1000. Has synthetic cable, remote, dash mount toggle and works great. As a matter of fact, I am using it right now (see pics). Today is opening day of KY rifle season.

Winch install took about 2 hrs. pretty easy if you have some mechanical ability.

20191109 152700 20191109 152741

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!