What would you change?

Bradley-Thornton

Bradley-Thornton

Lifetime Member
Nov 6, 2017
Hattiesburg MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
We always help each other spend money. Lets talk about saving money. If you could start from scratch and do it all over again what would you change? Look I know people don't like admitting they did it wrong but be a team player and save the next guy from doing it.

Example: I would have bought this instead of this or I never use this or I would have went with bigger or smaller. Maybe buy a different bike anything. You get the idea.

Me
1. I run the 32in outbacks on 17in wheel. Great tire but if I could go back in time I would have got a 32 tire like a BFG or something less aggressive (95% of the time its on hard dirt) also I would go with a wheel that is more common like 15in.

2. I already took this off but I have the C-fab a-arm/lift and am happy with it but I also added the 2.5 bracket lift and it was just to much so I took the bracket lift off.

Will post more as I think on it.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Not all would I suggest to others but this is my own personal thoughts
-I would’ve snorkeled my first rig!
-Wouldn’t have bought lift kit
-Wouldn’t have added quite as much accessories
-Added skid plate from day one
-Would’ve reinforced rockers before the first ride
-Wouldn’t have bought seat covers ever
-Would’ve added rear winch from beginning
-Wouldn’t have bought extended warranty!
-Definitely would’ve bought from Honda only dealer even though a bit more of a drive

Bradley-Thornton

Bradley-Thornton

Lifetime Member
Nov 6, 2017
Hattiesburg MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I bought my SxS off a guy and he already had the warranty but I agree that one I would't get also.

When you say ( -Wouldn’t have added quite as much accessories) Like what?
You know I feel that way also but I don't have one that I want to get rid of LOL.

If I was to buy new from day one I would
Spray with shine oil to keep mud from sticking
Add mud busters fender extenders

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Well.
I just finished build #2 and it was almost correct.

- Buy skid plate instead of a warranty.
- Reinforce side rails before skid install.
- Installed panel power switch on left side of steering wheel for easy access outside the rig.
- should have sprayed with some type of mud protectant before taking first adventure.
- second battery is not needed but great to have so I installed one.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I bought my SxS off a guy and he already had the warranty but I agree that one I would't get also.

When you say ( -Wouldn’t have added quite as much accessories) Like what?
You know I feel that way also but I don't have one that I want to get rid of LOL.

If I was to buy new from day one I would
Spray with shine oil to keep mud from sticking
Add mud busters fender extenders

I put everything known to man in the last few builds. It was fun but at the end of the day some of it just wasn’t necessary.
Not saying at all not to add some goods but I do believe there is a point that becomes redundant and I was one of the most guilty.

Tigermark

Tigermark

Outside looking in.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
I put everything known to man in the last few builds. It was fun but at the end of the day some of it just wasn’t necessary.
Not saying at all not to add some goods but I do believe there is a point that becomes redundant and I was one of the most guilty.
Yea, but that was quality entertainment and educational watching the installs!

GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Lets see..what i should have done to begin with.
1. Bought from a different dealer!!
2. 2nd battery
3. Wired it correctly
4. Reinforced side rails and crossmembers.
5. shocks!
6. Made full skid instead of just center.

What i shouldnt have done...
1. Bracket lift
2. Bought Extended warranty.

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’m on my second pioneer and the only thing I would do if I could go back to day one on both would be put a Trail Armor skid on as soon as it came off the trailer.

Stauvo

Stauvo

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 25, 2015
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I haven’t done much to mine. I did however buy the Roll bar storage bag like the Honda one with a bunch of pouches. Finally removed it as it blocked my rear view mirror and zippers full of dust always. I ordered a red range bag from Grizzly Tools and things fit in it nicely.

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Well I'm on my second machine and I learned a few things from the first. Both are a 1000-3

Put a Trail armor skid plate on as soon as you get home. I didn't even ride mine until I got one on.
I had a bluetooth/ FM stereo on the first machine. It wasn't great, speakers weren't loud enough so I left it out
I may add a wet sounds bar to the machine I have now
I learned a person should get at least the fox shocks or something better
I added fender extensions to the 2nd machine. I'm really glad I did. Much easier to clean
I bought a much better window the 2nd time
I love the under dash storage.
I did not buy the extended warranty the 2nd time. If it makes it through the 1st year you won't need it anyway
I should have made the dealer fix the alignment.... both times
The 2nd battery is nice to have
I planned my wiring better the 2nd time.
I built an aluminum roof but it was too loud so I used HDPE on the second machine. It's been great!

Thats all I can think of for now.

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I still would have bought the P500.
I would have bought side mirrors instead of the rearview. Adding them is just like admitting I screwed up the first time.
I would have bought the box sooner.
I would have bought the TriggerShield sooner (even though I was probably in the first 20 or so).
I don't think I'd buy the GoPro again. I don't really use it as much as I thought I would. If I did buy one it would probably be the Virb with the roll/pitch info.

O

oldfortyfive

Lifetime Member
Dec 6, 2015
Illinois
Ownership

1. 500
P500 and trailer...no regrets. Been real happy with the setup.
No to the Extended warranty
Full windshield, no. Now using a half windshield.

Reactions: trigger and TripleB
Bradley-Thornton

Bradley-Thornton

Lifetime Member
Nov 6, 2017
Hattiesburg MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
[QUOTE="
I would have bought side mirrors instead of the rearview. Adding them is just like admitting I screwed up the first time.
[/QUOTE]

I have both and I would say I use the rearview the most now I do have the 1000-5 so I use it a ton to check on the kids in the back. The side I use maybe 20% of the time. I have the big curved rearview so it covers a huge area.

I don't know how to do a poll but I think it would be a cool one.
Rearview
side mirrors
or both

Reactions: NTCPrezJB
D

DDDonkey

I would have taken more time in my wiring so I did not have to go back and clean it up, and bought a different windshield, the folding SATV one does not fold with the OEM roof and when folded it rubs the plastics. Other than that all is good.

Reactions: CumminsPusher

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!