P500 What year

osobad

osobad

Lifetime Member
Nov 23, 2020
Tampa Bay Florida
Ownership

1. 700-2
I have a question for anyone that can answer. I know the p500 hasn't changed much over the years . When buying a used one is there a preferred year to buy newer than because of some improvements or other changes or is condition the only factor

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have a question for anyone that can answer. I know the p500 hasn't changed much over the years . When buying a used one is there a preferred year to buy newer than because of some improvements or other changes or is condition the only factor
Automatic mode was added a year or two after the initial release if memory serves.

906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
Auto was added in 17.
This ^^^^, also '17 & up got different shocks/springs to make them ride a touch softer which lowered the ride height about a 1/2" and slightly different gear ratios in the transmission which lowered the overall top speed by a couple MPH.

futzin

futzin

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2019
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500

2. 520

Not my business, but: Weren't you just looking at a Talon?! 😆

osobad

osobad

Lifetime Member
Nov 23, 2020
Tampa Bay Florida
Ownership

1. 700-2
Not my business, but: Weren't you just looking at a Talon?! 😆
Yep but as I had said hard for me not to have a dump bed so stated thinking about the 1000. The p500 is a project a friend of mine is contemplating and I agreed to help. I think anything different for me is on hold. Wife decided we needed a bigger travel trailer. Not like there is anything wrong with the 700 for now

KyGal83

KyGal83

Duchess Sheldon, Daisy, KGB, Natasha, SNS
Lifetime Member
Feb 3, 2021
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500
It may have been my imagination but when I drove yours futzing, it seemed roomier than my 16. Did it seem that way to you.
I didn't notice that. I think maybe KyGal said that too, though. Did she drive yours?
Yep, I did notice it. Not sure why though. Being a numbers geek, I would love to take a measuring tape and find the difference. Something is definitely different.

I think she did to try out the shocks.
Exactly.

Last edited:
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
This ^^^^, also '17 & up got different shocks/springs to make them ride a touch softer which lowered the ride height about a 1/2" and slightly different gear ratios in the transmission which lowered the overall top speed by a couple MPH.
^^These were the biggest changes to happen.^^

KyGal83

KyGal83

Duchess Sheldon, Daisy, KGB, Natasha, SNS
Lifetime Member
Feb 3, 2021
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500

I don’t think so, but maybe I need to ride @futzin buggy.
Heard he modified the front suspension on one of his.
At some point didn't the frame go from two pieces to one. Is it possible that could be the difference?

osobad

osobad

Lifetime Member
Nov 23, 2020
Tampa Bay Florida
Ownership

1. 700-2
Got text from friend who looking for a 500 for a project. Seems he is buying a 2019 with 85hr on it in yellow. could . I have not seen it but is going to pay 7000. Is that a little high? He says it is stock with a roof

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!