P700 Wheels and tires

DGann

DGann

Dec 20, 2015
Russellville Alabama
I been looking and just seeing if I can get a little help from y'all, what is a good tire to run on the highway, I have a P700-4, i have a set on that is used more for mud, but I would like to have a set for the road.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Will you get another set of wheels? And have two sets, one for play and one set for general use?

I think when my stock bighorns wear out, I will go to a local tire dealer and get some all terrains for a 14" wheel.

Sent from my iPhone 10s

Reactions: DGann
DGann

DGann

Dec 20, 2015
Russellville Alabama
Yes I want 2 sets, I want one set I can put on for around the house and another I can put on when I go on a ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'd think some duro frontiers would fit the bill. Im running the Tensor regulators, 8ply steel belted dot tires. They were awsome on the ride this weekend never came close to getting stuck. They hooked up great on the trails and suprised me in the mud pulled right through it all. But they were pricey.

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
I'd think some duro frontiers would fit the bill. Im running the Tensor regulators, 8ply steel belted dot tires. They were awsome on the ride this weekend never came close to getting stuck. They hooked up great on the trails and suprised me in the mud pulled right through it all. But they were pricey.
I really like those Tensors but man that price is killing me!!

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I really like those Tensors but man that price is killing me!!
You get what you pay for. For me I justify it knowing it's probably the most durable tire out there. I'm sick of flat tires miles from nowhere,

Reactions: Tflynn
Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
You get what you pay for. For me I justify it knowing it's probably the most durable tire out there. I'm sick of flat tires miles from nowhere,
So true. Wonder how many miles you'll get out of them? Probably age out before they wear out

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So true. Wonder how many miles you'll get out of them? Probably age out before they wear out
The only thing I see hard on them is tight turns on concrete. With the locked rear they bark and leave tracks. Other tires will leave rubber too but I never had them squawk like these.

Lynn

Lynn

Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
Yakima,WA
Just a heads up when driving on pavement, If you toe-out setting is off it will really wear the front tires out fast . So keep an eye on it or check your toe out/in setting.

Reactions: Tflynn

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!