P500 where do you buy your tire packages?

Ketch

Ketch

Mar 27, 2021
Austin
Ownership

1. 500
Hi, recently took delivery of 520. Been reading up on the forum on every ones different tire selections....I am having a challenge finding what I am looking for...For example, rocky mountain atv has several tires that would work but all their packages don't allow one to go above 26" (which is fine but often times users are saying that 26 is really 25, and they went with 27" in the same brand and didn't have any problems, etc...) I haven't found the site yet that allows you to search for wheels with the 4/110 and tires in a size larger than 26". In this particular instance, they are sold out of 26" but have 27" (which users say fit with no rubbing, etc), but don't offer package...can then order the 27" and then try and find wheels to accommodate the 4/110 which it doesn't specify. So has anyone had luck with a site for their 500 in ordering tire and wheel packages or do you just order tires....and wheels...and take them to the tire shop to put on... As for what am wanting....a 8 or 10ply tire that will be 95% rocky creek bottoms, some mesquite thorns, and very little mud. Not going to be driving fast, need to climb up hills and get a little bit more clearance than the stock to get over terrain (see honda on the left side of the forums backscreen). Also need to be able to still load into my truck be so front width needs to stay narrow. kanati mongrel in the 27x9x12 front and 27x11x12 back seems ideal but I can't seem to put together that package. Any suggestions for those who have gone down this road before me?:)

Reactions: 500oneer and J80
The Green Goat

The Green Goat

LGBTQ Compliance Officer -Lotta gays in this place
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2020
Ohio
Ownership

1. 520
Don't specify a machine on their site. It narrows down the selection when you do that.

Also, I believe you can put together whatever package you want. Choose your tires and wheels separately and they will mount them for you, I'm told.

Reactions: Ketch and J80
JayPo

JayPo

Somewhat Well-Known Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 15, 2020
Tennessee
Ownership

1. Other Brand
I ordered mine from Dennis Kirk. I did not get a wheel and tire package but instead specified the wheels and tires seperately and they mount them for free.

Reactions: Ketch and J80

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!