Which Pioneer do you prefer?

BigRiver

BigRiver

Lifetime Member
Feb 26, 2013
For the longest time, I've decided that I was going to get the 700-2, the 2 seater. My needs for the four seater wasn't that great and thought I'd save some money by getting the 700-2.
A few things have happened that has me wondering about going for the 700-4. First off, the delayed shipments have pushed the 700-2 back into late Sept. Another thing is here in Louisiana, we have a tax free weekend called the "2nd Amendment Weekend" Sept 6,7 and 8th. NO TAX on hunting related purchases.
http://revenue.louisiana.gov/sections/g ... dment.aspx
My local dealer has 2 green 700-4's coming in this coming week and have no others waiting on their list to buy. Depending on their sale price to me, I can arrange a deposit on arrival and final payment in a few weeks on the Tax Free weekend.
I'm thinking that the cost savings of no tax will offset the greater sales cost of the 700-4 over the 700-2.

So now I'm wondering which Pioneer do others here prefer? I'd start a poll, but I'm not seeing any tools for creating it.
Thanks!

J

james

Lifetime Member
Aug 2, 2013
Like you I don't have a need for a 4 seat SxS. I dont even think I have a need for a 2 seat SxS for the most part. I have spent a lot of time looking over the specs between the two and can not really find a difference that would turn me away. With the pictures that are being posted this week from the different dealers I have decided to look into getting the 4 seater.
Main reason is because Its not really a 4 seater. Its a 2 seater with 2 extra seats for "if" or "when" you need them. To me that's worth a bit more. And if you can save tax that would make it even sweeter.

I do know this. If you buy the 700-2, 6 months from now you will be saying "I wish I had bought the 700-4".

J

james

Lifetime Member
Aug 2, 2013
What is your tax... I would guess in the $800 range.

atvsnowman

atvsnowman

Mar 28, 2013
I am picking the Pioneer 700-4. Soon my kids will be old enough to go with me and I am going to need extra seats.

@James. You are right. There is no difference in the length between the 2 units.

BigRiver

BigRiver

Lifetime Member
Feb 26, 2013
james said:
What is your tax... I would guess in the $800 range.

Our tax rate here is %.0875

I'm hoping the dealer will match or go better than another quote I have out of state for the 700-4, which is $10600.00

Tax savings alone would be over $925.00

Formula for accessories!

C

chesterl35

Aug 7, 2013
I'm getting a 4. But I have a wife and a 5 year old. If I didn't I would still pick the 4. In case I had friends that ever wanted to go. Nice to have the option esp since it is no longer or wider and still has the bed open if needed. Just my opinion.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
I agree with Chesterl35, I have my eye on a Red Pioneer 700-4. Like said above, the specs are not different. You have everything the 2 has + 2 extra seats for when your family comes over.

@Bigriver. Thats a damn good price. I hope they match it foe you.

BigRiver

BigRiver

Lifetime Member
Feb 26, 2013
Honda of Brookhaven, MS. quoted $9200. for the 700-2 and $10600. for the 700-4. Since this dealership is out of state, the tax free weekend doesn't apply, only in Louisiana.

Waiting to see what my local place tells me.

red4life

red4life

Aug 13, 2013
I am going with a 4 as well. I had my eye on a 2 and was sold on the looks and price for the longest time. My dealership got their green 4 in 2 weeks ago. After the test ride in the front I decided to sit in the back. And it was a blast! The seats are very comfortable, very spacious, and the headrest bars were perfectly placed for a comfortable handle. The ugly roll bar grew on me and doesn't look as large when you see it in person. The ride was soft and didnt bottom. I put a deposit on a red 4 which will hopefully be in the 29th. I am itchin to ride!

S

Swamper

Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2013
Get the 4 and don't look back! I haven't seen it in person but just read the reviews. Everyone that has seen or ridden in the back seat has loved it! Unless you are unfortunate and don't have family or friends its a no- brainer. I can't wait to get mine and take the kids and family along for the ride!

BigRiver

BigRiver

Lifetime Member
Feb 26, 2013
One advantage about the 700-4, having a roof on the entire rack would protect gear from getting wet while heading out to the stand.

Yup, I'll go for the 700-4 when they come in, hopefully soon.

Elkhunter

Elkhunter

Lifetime Member
Jul 17, 2013
Minnesota
One disavantage of The 700-4 is when hauling loads in the back is working around The roll cage Firewood etc.

red4life

red4life

Aug 13, 2013
I thought about the cage being in the way as well. If I need to use it for work I will take the cage off. It looks very easy to remove. Also I talked to my dealer today and found that my red 4 was pushed up a day from the 29th to the 28th. Hopefully that is true for everyone

S

Swamper

Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2013
Something else to consider - Not sure yet how clean this area will stay but if the rear seats are not in use the rear foot well may be an added bonus for storage.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Swamper said:
Something else to consider - Not sure yet how clean this area will stay but if the rear seats are not in use the rear foot well may be an added bonus for storage.
Swamper. Thats a good thought and I'm sure one could make something to keep it more clean. But from factory I would say its a bad idea. Check out the walk around video @1:55 you can see the foot well is open and not very sealed. It also looks like the middle part of the seat folds up and fits in that area. I'm still sure there may be some room there for storage if you can find a way to get it blocked off some.
Good idea we need to pass along to the mod'ers.

T

tiogajoe

Aug 21, 2013
I too was going to get the two seater. My wife and I had the chance to actually ride a 4 seater that was heading out for a magazine write up from Bob Louges Honda in Williamsport Pa. We loved the ride and lack of vibration that we noticed while test riding the big red. Yesterday I changed my deposit to the 4 seater. Buying from CanyonMotorsports in Gaines Pa. Ask for Shaun Macarthy. They are pretty much at MSRP but are not charging the $600 destination fee. For those who are concerned about dirt and sand getting into the seat area when folded down, Honda has a poly bed liner that will totaly seal off the entire bed area. It's says it is easy to remove and install as needed. I will probaly keep a heavy rubber mat on the machine that I can use in a pinch to throw over the seat area when I'm no concerned about small dirt getting into things. This is the only down side I can find to owning the 4 seater? When company stops by it will be nice to take them for a ride!

B

Bugnbrian

Lifetime Member
Aug 24, 2013
BigRiver,red4life,tiogajoe,swamper,hondasxs, and all the pioneer pioneers, every person has different needs, different riding styles, different expectations and therefore it is always great to be given a choice. I chose the four seater and have ridden around the yard a couple times and loaded it into a box truck, this evening I will unload it and start putting it through the paces of a trail ride. Even though I have not put any real time in the seat, I believe even more than before that the four seater is the only choice. If I knew 100% of the time I would never have more than one passenger and felt the backseats unnecessary, the fact is with a couple turns on a wrench the rear roll over protection can be removed, I can put a mat in the bed if I am worried about dirt or whatever getting in the cracks and when the day comes for me to sell her, I will have a much larger group of potential buyers and will be able to have a selling price that recaptures the extra money I spent on the extra two seats. I can not imagine every situation, but I have not been able to see a situation where the four seater could not be a potential benefit or a situation where the four seater could be a potential hindrance. To be fair- my two cents worth does not cover the price difference and I look forward to speaking with every Pioneer owner I meet.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!