P500 Who Else Is Reporting To Deer Camp?

Alan aka Davinci

Alan aka Davinci

Mr. Meme Master
Lifetime Member
Apr 25, 2015
Grand Junction, CO
Ownership

1. 500
Got back yesterday. 3 of us had deer tags and 2 of us had elk tags, mission accomplished. We distanced out critters after we shot them because they would not wait for us to range them. My deer was 184 yards and elk 337 yards the type of shot I live for. didn't get picture of cow elk because we had to quarter it out at that distance.

Last edited:
Buckshot07

Buckshot07

Dec 31, 2020
PA
Ownership

1. 700-4
My daughter shot a doe 5 minutes before dark tonight. Right in the guts. A chunk of white fur and about 3 cups of bile with corn in it. 🤮

Now to eat dinner and go chase it after a few hours.
If cold night, may be best to wait until morning unless you got coyotes around.

toddvdh

toddvdh

Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2020
Green Bay, WI
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
We have coyotes and maybe wolves around. It’s cold down to 18 tonight. But the group I’m with is driving at 7:30am tomorrow. So I would not have help.

We decided to get her tonight. Started looking around 9:30 and jumped her, I think I missed when I tried a spotlight shot to the head. Followed her until 10:45 when I put one right in center mass in the dark. Got her cleaned and rinsed out just now. About 12:20.

The best part about it was my best friend and his daughter came with so her and my daughter tracked it in the dark. Awesome experience for them. I’ll post a daylight picture tomorrow if I have signal. It’s a small doe but a good second deer.

C28D971C A263 4C68 ADC0 847B0E8D983F

SpaceTroll

SpaceTroll

Jul 8, 2018
Kirbyville Tx
Ownership

1. 500
Shot this 8 the other morning. Used wyndscent vaporizer and a grunt. Came in like he was on a string. Finishes me up now I'll shift gears and start shooting hogs. Wife will still be hunting a buck

futzin

futzin

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2019
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500

2. 520
Enjoying a piece of medium-rare backstrap here in camp whilst reading this thread about venison and P5s.

Time well spent . . .

Keep em coming folks! Loving it.

Last edited:
Alan aka Davinci

Alan aka Davinci

Mr. Meme Master
Lifetime Member
Apr 25, 2015
Grand Junction, CO
Ownership

1. 500
Just got back from northern Minnesota. It's tough hunting in the Arrowhead these days. A number of harsh winters with high wolf and bear populations have made sightings sparse. And our neighbor saw a cougar twice this year! I can't imagine there's enough out there to feed the predators we have for very long. It's been hard to even find droppings in the big woods the last couple years.

Hopefully you all have great luck. It's always nice to spend time in the woods regardless. Enjoy your time out there!
The liberal voters that don't understand wildlife voted to introduce wolves to Colorado last year.

B

BWHunter

Nov 2, 2020
WI
Ownership

1. 500
The liberal voters that don't understand wildlife voted to introduce wolves to Colorado last year.
We've always had wolves in Northern Minnesota. It's one of the only places in the country they weren't fully eradicated. Even though I have heard them often, I've only seen a couple of them when I've been out in the woods. They really are a majestic animal. Over the last 10-15 years the numbers have just gotten higher. And so have bear #'s. Combine those stats with a number of harsh winters and it's not good for deer or deer recovery.

I'm not opposed to wolves, nor limited wolf hunts to control the population. Without hunts Mother Nature will eventually swing things back into balance, but it will probably take more than a few years. There's a balance point for everything in nature, us included.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!