Who is still happy with their 700/700-4

wyo700

wyo700

Lifetime Member
Sep 26, 2013
Of course I would love to have the 1000-5. But it will not fit in my toy hauler it's just to wide. My 700 fits by just the skin on my teeth. So it would be financially dumb. But then I got to thinking my 700-4 is decked out just how I want it right now. Spent a lot of money to get it this way. I have only ran into one situation where I didn't have enough power to get up a very steep hill. Which I would have never tried if I was alone. Most of the riding we do is mountain trails with a max top speed of 30 mph.
So how do all you other 700 owners feel? I was a little anxious at first to try and figure something out but for now the 700 still kicks ass and does what I want.

swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
Im with you all the way.100 %Me and this old buggy are going the distance.Im still accessorizing the dam thing.It does everything I ask it to,And I have found uses for It that I never thought I would need.This p4 is practicle,functual,universal,and most of all Reliable.

MaleRN28US

MaleRN28US

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Dec 1, 2015
Roanoke, Indiana
Of course I would love to have the 1000-5. But it will not fit in my toy hauler it's just to wide. My 700 fits by just the skin on my teeth. So it would be financially dumb. But then I got to thinking my 700-4 is decked out just how I want it right now. Spent a lot of money to get it this way. I have only ran into one situation where I didn't have enough power to get up a very steep hill. Which I would have never tried if I was alone. Most of the riding we do is mountain trails with a max top speed of 30 mph.
So how do all you other 700 owners feel? I was a little anxious at first to try and figure something out but for now the 700 still kicks ass and does what I want.
I am just wondering if you saw the posts that (oh shoot I forget his name) did on "supercharging" his 700? It was just an inline fan and it gave him enough extra power to get up hills and helped with acceleration....
Honda Pioneer 700 with supercharger. | The Honda Side by Side Club!

R

randi 58

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 4, 2013
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I like my 700 just fine

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have ups and downs. First of all its done everything I've ever needed, easily. I have about every option you can get. The 1000-5 appeals to me for a couple of reasons 1st the 3 across seats, so when I go riding my 5&3 yr old can ride next to me. I really like the manual shift and I'm sure it's quieter at 30-40 mph. I don't need more power, and I feel I'd have buyers remorse if get rid of the 700

Reactions: Tflynn
bobbyhill

bobbyhill

Pay to Play and I'm broke all around!
Junior Moderator
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Apr 8, 2015
Smithfield, VA
Ownership

1. 700-4
I love my 700-4 and I am like a lot of you. It's all I need but the 1000-5 is nice no doubt! But I can't justify buying two brand new back to back like that, when there is nothing wrong with what I got. Now that is not to say that if somebody wants to come along and like the set up enough to pay me what I have in it, I may just sell it to them and then go buy the P1000-5. In till then I am not made of money!

Reactions: Plumber32
allgm1

allgm1

Lifetime Member
Mar 7, 2015
New Hampshire
keeping mine also, it does everything i've needed it to.

bagotaco

bagotaco

Apr 16, 2015
I'm still loving mine. It does everything I want it to do. My only complaint is how loud it is in the cabin when cruising around 30mph

Reactions: CarneyRacing
tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm like alot of people and would love to have the new 1000, but I would also like to have a 2016 Chevy Corvette, but just can't justify it. The 700 has done everything I have asked and more. I took it on a couple of week elk hunting trip here in Idaho and was very impressed. It crawled up and over everything when I needed and was just comfortable to drive. One spot we had to get out was super steep, with a good 8" of snow on it. We had 3 adults in the front (super tight) and we all are over 250 lbs. In the back we had a whole cow elk and all our gear and guns. Granted it wasn't a ball of fire getting out of there, but it never skipped a beat and climbed right out. Very impressed. I just wish it had a little more engine breaking when going down hills. It tries the best it can but alot of times you have to use the brakes. But still love it. It fits my little family well and we all love our "Riggo". And it's 5-6 thousand less then the new one. Big PLUS!!!

Reactions: MaleRN28US
Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
I still love mine, it's done everything I've asked it to do (sometimes to my surprise!) Plus I've almost got it decked out just how I want it. How could I trade it in now???

advertisement
d_b

d_b

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 24, 2015
Utah
I agree with all the statements mentioned. Plus I really don't want to start over..lol. There will be power upgrades in the future always is.

Reactions: Tflynn
Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
I agree with all the statements mentioned. Plus I really don't want to start over..lol. There will be power upgrades in the future always is.
Very good point @d_b. Right now aftermarket power upgrades (well aftermarket anything) are kind of limited but shoot the pioneer is only in its 3rd model year. It will take awhile for the aftermarket to catch up but it's happening. In fact I just emailed superatv about forward arched a-arms for the 700 and they told me they plan on releasing them in late spring AND they are working on more new things for the pioneer. I asked what other new things but they won't say. Still it points to good things to come!

Last edited:
Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
speaking of which, and I know I'm getting a little off topic but I just want to say, if there is something you want to see built for your ride don't be afraid to email companies and tell them!! I truly believe it makes a difference and let's them know there is a demand not being met.

Reactions: bagotaco
Lynn

Lynn

Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
Yakima,WA
I agree with all your comments. I'm the guy with the supercharger on my 700. It's like I've put to much time into this relationship to abandon it now. I've got it customized just how I want it, I don't want or need to start the process all over again. Not to mention it would be twice the money. I'm sticken with my 700 for better or worse, besides I just studded my tires on it yesterday.

swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
tire studs!!! That ought to tear the yard up nice...

d_b

d_b

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 24, 2015
Utah
Lynn jus for you know your idea will be coming to production very soon, with some mods.

C

ckhenshaw4

Mar 1, 2014
I'm keeping mine. Does everything I want or need it to do.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I'm afraid @joeymt33 may have went to the dark side on a new P1K the force is strong with that one. Somewhere there is a pic in a thread he started "Traveler II" and his P700 err P1000 in the rearview mirror on a trailer. Don't be tempted :rolleyes: Note the subliminal message below 666 - 6th gear@ 66 MPH :oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops:
Wpid honda pioneer 1000 top speed mph sport utv atv sxs

Reactions: joeymt33
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
@JACKAL, better check that pic again.....

Last edited:
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!