Whose you INSURANCE company??

LandPioneer

LandPioneer

Lifetime Member
Aug 22, 2016
Lebanon TN
Ownership

1. 700-4
I guess lol. Gieco has always been great but they definetly lost my business with UTV coverage. I thought about calling but I just cant see them cutting their quote by 2/3. Looks like Ill be insuring with progressive for my Pioneer. I really only plan on using insurance for total loss ie fire, theft something of that nature. It is what it is at this point all I can do is shop around and go with what I feel comfortable.
I'd definitely call. If you threaten to take all of your business from them it may help your cause. Worst they can say is no.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Ive been with gieco for 6 years at one point in time had 4 vehicles and home owners with them. 1 claim that was $1200 in damages total and never budged my policy price. Now im down to 2 vehicles and home owners. Its literally cheaper to insure my $55k Explorer Sport.
Wow I'm really surprised they are that high! I'm not sure why but sorry to here. LandPioneer might be on to something though

doolin64

doolin64

Oct 16, 2014
I've never insured a SxS or quad. For one, it used to not be offered in Mass. Geico and the like haven't only recently entered our market (Massachusetts regulations). I got quote once for a quad a few years back and it was just silly. Nearly a $1000. I work for an auto insurer too. I pay $1150 a year for a 2015 F150 and 2014 Acura MDX. It kills me to register my KTM for $300.

Tbowman053

Tbowman053

Dec 18, 2016
Henderson, MD
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Well I just bought a progressive policy. Ended up being just over $400/year because I got into an accident in july of 2014(I backed into a taxi and my hitch went through the bumper.) Progressive said once it hits 3 years I can purchase a new policy that would be around $319/year. That's with $30,000/$60,000 insured and uninsured. $15,000 property. I went with $1000 deductibles but only because I went with vanishing deductibles so every year with NO claim my deductible drops 25%. $3k in accessory coverage. No a bad policy and not a bad price considering the accident and no other vehicles with them. I called Gieco and the guy was like $900/year and theres nothing else I can do for you that's the most basic policy I can offer its how we rate our UTVs. All their UTV coverages are based off street bikes. He mentioned my accident was also driving the cost about $75/year but still not even close to what anyone else quoted me.

Reactions: LandPioneer
LandPioneer

LandPioneer

Lifetime Member
Aug 22, 2016
Lebanon TN
Ownership

1. 700-4
Well I just bought a progressive policy. Ended up being just over $400/year because I got into an accident in july of 2014(I backed into a taxi and my hitch went through the bumper.) Progressive said once it hits 3 years I can purchase a new policy that would be around $319/year. That's with $30,000/$60,000 insured and uninsured. $15,000 property. I went with $1000 deductibles but only because I went with vanishing deductibles so every year with NO claim my deductible drops 25%. $3k in accessory coverage. No a bad policy and not a bad price considering the accident and no other vehicles with them. I called Gieco and the guy was like $900/year and theres nothing else I can do for you that's the most basic policy I can offer its how we rate our UTVs. All their UTV coverages are based off street bikes. He mentioned my accident was also driving the cost about $75/year but still not even close to what anyone else quoted me.
Do you have an umbrella policy? If not, you may want to look into getting one. That or don't let anyone ride with you that isn't on your health insurance policy. A buddy of mine was telling me about a guy that had a girl riding with him. She put her hand out during a turn over and lost 3 fingers. She had to be life flighted and is trying to get the money from him. His UTV insurance wasn't enough to cover the injury so now he is up a creek. An umbrella policy could've helped cover him but he didn't have one.

moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've got State Farm. I insure the house, camper, the 2012 Durango rt, 15 Grand caravan, 94 F150, the teardrop, the camper, and the Pioneer. All said and done with 500 deductibles all around and 100/300 property/ bi coverage and accessory coverage I pay a little over 300 a month. Next year that will go down since I caught a speeding ticket in the big rig in Indiana a couple years ago for 15+ over. They frown upon that.

Tbowman053

Tbowman053

Dec 18, 2016
Henderson, MD
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Do you have an umbrella policy? If not, you may want to look into getting one. That or don't let anyone ride with you that isn't on your health insurance policy. A buddy of mine was telling me about a guy that had a girl riding with him. She put her hand out during a turn over and lost 3 fingers. She had to be life flighted and is trying to get the money from him. His UTV insurance wasn't enough to cover the injury so now he is up a creek. An umbrella policy could've helped cover him but he didn't have one.
Like I said I bought this for a different reason then others it wont be considered a toy or for pleasure. Its for farm use and the only people riding it will be family members. Kinda sounds weird though her insurance wont cover it? or her insurance is going after him?

LandPioneer

LandPioneer

Lifetime Member
Aug 22, 2016
Lebanon TN
Ownership

1. 700-4
Like I said I bought this for a different reason then others it wont be considered a toy or for pleasure. Its for farm use and the only people riding it will be family members. Kinda sounds weird though her insurance wont cover it? or her insurance is going after him?
Oh ok got ya. My understanding is she didn't have much health insurance. Once she hit that cap his UTV insurance took over. Both didn't cover all of it (10's of thousands), and now she has to go after him or pay it out of pocket.

LandPioneer

LandPioneer

Lifetime Member
Aug 22, 2016
Lebanon TN
Ownership

1. 700-4
Everything.. if I crash it, it's stolen or someone gets hurt. It's full coverage.
I have 2 home insurance policies with mine and that wasn't an option. I had to insure it as a motorcycle. I'd just be curious to see what your actual coverage is. Mine is $300k total per accident, plus $3k accessories, with a $1k (my fault) or $500 (not my fault) deductible.

advertisement
J

JTW

I have 2 home insurance policies with mine and that wasn't an option. I had to insure it as a motorcycle. I'd just be curious to see what your actual coverage is. Mine is $300k total per accident, plus $3k accessories, with a $1k (my fault) or $500 (not my fault) deductible.
Mine is 16k total replacement on the machine with a 1k deductible and the same liability coverage as my home owners. I have all our vehicles, houses, business and health thru KYFB not to mention we send them a ton of new business. They take good care of us.

Crow_Hunter

Crow_Hunter

May 18, 2016
Riding a Canned Ham.
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Very timely! I just got in my renewal notification.

Farm Bureau here.

$494/year with a $100 deductible comprehensive and collision valued at whatever it was I paid for it $19k something with a $100 deductible. I have asked several times what taking the deductible up would do and it only saves a few dollars that would be wiped out if I had any type of a claim in 13 years or something similar. Since I have had several claims in the 16 years I have had FB, I just keep the low deductibles.

Same limits as my car and truck on bodily injury, property damage, uninsured motorist.

I have multi-car, multi-line, safe driver, preferred loyalty (16 years) and umbrella discount.

I periodically shop around but since I have to have "farm coverage" for liability some of the other insurance vendors can be quite expensive. I still call and ask for a discount every couple of years though. Just to keep them honest. ;)

Reactions: JTW
Crow_Hunter

Crow_Hunter

May 18, 2016
Riding a Canned Ham.
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

Absolutely and you need to make sure your coverage is adequate if you own property as well. Someone doing farm work on your property or even trespassing while hunting can sue YOU for their screw ups.

Reactions: LandPioneer
Jimmyscoin

Jimmyscoin

Nov 27, 2016
Fairbanks, alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I just insured mine today with progressive. It was $154 a year. Now, I declined some of the coverages like under insured motorist. I basically took a $1000 deductible on full coverage. I don't necessarily want it for repairs, although I will use it now that I have it but I mainly wanted to be covered if it was ever stolen. It would be a hard pill to swallow if someone stole a 1000-5 deluxe and you just had to eat it.

J

JTW

I just insured mine today with progressive. It was $154 a year. Now, I declined some of the coverages like under insured motorist. I basically took a $1000 deductible on full coverage. I don't necessarily want it for repairs, although I will use it now that I have it but I mainly wanted to be covered if it was ever stolen. It would be a hard pill to swallow if someone stole a 1000-5 deluxe and you just had to eat it.
Stolen or catostraphic failure.. bouncing off the trailer or rolling down a mountain or pulling a @CumminsPusher and sinking it!

Jimmyscoin

Jimmyscoin

Nov 27, 2016
Fairbanks, alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Stolen or catostraphic failure.. bouncing off the trailer or rolling down a mountain or pulling a @CumminsPusher and sinking it!
Yeah, I think if I roll it down a mountain, I will probably file a claim lol

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV

Watch it Water is still somewhat avoided by The Puddle Jumper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!