Whose you INSURANCE company??

Tbowman053

Tbowman053

Dec 18, 2016
Henderson, MD
Ownership

1. 1000-3
So I went to insure my p1000 through gieco, which is who I have my car insrance through and they quoted me $94 a month!!! Seemed very high considering I pay $115/month on for full coverage on an 04 f350 and 2015 explorer sport. Should I look elsewhere? Any recommendations? Thanks

AKRider

AKRider

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 31, 2016
Palmer, Alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So I went to insure my p1000 through gieco, which is who I have my car insrance through and they quoted me $94 a month!!! Seemed very high considering I pay $115/month on for full coverage on an 04 f350 and 2015 explorer sport. Should I look elsewhere? Any recommendations? Thanks

That's ridiculous! I pay about $170 for the entire year through Progressive.

Reactions: sharp and Eltobgi
J

JTW

I go thru KYFB.. that's who has my homeowners and auto. The sxs is just an addition to my home owners.. complete full coverage $17 per 1000 a year.

Reactions: AKRider
Tbowman053

Tbowman053

Dec 18, 2016
Henderson, MD
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I just tried to modify my Gieco quote and I cant get it under $900/year. I just didn't a quote with progressive and with my deductibles at $500 its $353/year. I cant believe how high gieco is wtf?!

Reactions: AKRider and JTW
AKRider

AKRider

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 31, 2016
Palmer, Alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I just tried to modify my Gieco quote and I cant get it under $900/year. I just didn't a quote with progressive and with my deductibles at $500 its $353/year. I cant believe how high gieco is wtf?!

Wow! $75 a month? I wonder if it has to do with your state. Since it is being insured as a motorcycle, the rates in your state might be higher. $353 isn't bad I guess, but it still is high to me. Does that include total loss coverage?

AKRider

AKRider

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 31, 2016
Palmer, Alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yes that's with total loss coverage.

I just looked at my Progressive policy and found that I didn't have total loss. I tried to add it but the website wouldn't let me. I need to call them and see what's up with that. I'm sure that's the difference in price.

LandPioneer

LandPioneer

Lifetime Member
Aug 22, 2016
Lebanon TN
Ownership

1. 700-4
I have mine insured through Safeco. Full coverage with a $1k deductible, bodily injury and property damage liability includes $300k each accident including guest passenger (combined single accident limit). My total cost is $328/yr. You guys really need to make sure you are insured. I would hate for one of you to lose everything because of wrecking a toy while having fun.

J

JTW

I have mine insured through Safeco. Full coverage with a $1k deductible, bodily injury and property damage liability includes $300k each accident including guest passenger (combined single accident limit). My total cost is $328/yr. You guys really need to make sure you are insured. I would hate for one of you to lose everything because of wrecking a toy while having fun.
Agreed.. and on that note I would suggest calling your your homeowners agent and asking them about adding your bike to your homeowners policy.

Reactions: AKRider and iowaguy
advertisement
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Geico all the way here! They have taken care of us several times and even the flooded motor from intake. Think it's 27/month full coverage about middle of the road on coverage and now 250 deduct. They take charge and no bulls*** when there's a problem and that's what it's used for. Very happy.

Reactions: JTW
J

JTW

Geico all the way here! They have taken care of us several times and even the flooded motor from intake. Think it's 27/month full coverage about middle of the road on coverage and now 250 deduct. They take charge and no bulls*** when there's a problem and that's what it's used for. Very happy.
How on earth is there such a huge difference between quotes?? I would be interested in it with those numbers!

Reactions: CumminsPusher
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
How on earth is there such a huge difference between quotes?? I would be interested in it with those numbers!

Not sure. It's pretty close to that it's 42/mo with that and polaris quad. Wife says that's what it is. Everything else we run Progressive but never had a claim with them so I can't comment on the important part. After what they did for us I'll never leave. Only negative they only allow 2000 in accessories...I might be slightly over that again lol. We were 1000 deduct prior

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

J

JTW

@CumminsPusher this is what I was talking about..

Reactions: CumminsPusher
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
@CumminsPusher this is what I was talking about..

Ya Idk. Age marriage previous record. That is a huge difference I just don't know why. We were totally clean till the Pioneers but they were no faults.

LandPioneer

LandPioneer

Lifetime Member
Aug 22, 2016
Lebanon TN
Ownership

1. 700-4
Agreed.. and on that note I would suggest calling your your homeowners agent and asking them about adding your bike to your homeowners policy.
What is actually covered under that policy? As in bodily injury etc?

Tbowman053

Tbowman053

Dec 18, 2016
Henderson, MD
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Not sure. It's pretty close to that it's 42/mo with that and polaris quad. Wife says that's what it is. Everything else we run Progressive but never had a claim with them so I can't comment on the important part. After what they did for us I'll never leave. Only negative they only allow 2000 in accessories...I might be slightly over that again lol. We were 1000 deduct prior

Ive been with gieco for 6 years at one point in time had 4 vehicles and home owners with them. 1 claim that was $1200 in damages total and never budged my policy price. Now im down to 2 vehicles and home owners. Its literally cheaper to insure my $55k Explorer Sport.

LandPioneer

LandPioneer

Lifetime Member
Aug 22, 2016
Lebanon TN
Ownership

1. 700-4
Ya Idk. Age marriage previous record. That is a huge difference I just don't know why. We were totally clean till the Pioneers but they were no faults.

Yeah age, marriage, claim record, and combining policies can bring things down a lot. I insure 2 houses, a boat, 3 vehicles, and obviously the Pioneer with my policy. I'm sure that brings mine down some.

LandPioneer

LandPioneer

Lifetime Member
Aug 22, 2016
Lebanon TN
Ownership

1. 700-4
Ive been with gieco for 6 years at one point in time had 4 vehicles and home owners with them. 1 claim that was $1200 in damages total and never budged my policy price. Now im down to 2 vehicles and home owners. Its literally cheaper to insure my $55k Explorer Sport.
In reality you are more likely to turn in a claim on the UTV than the Explorer. Some states are making these things high risk vehicles. I imagine if the popularity keeps rising so will premiums.

Tbowman053

Tbowman053

Dec 18, 2016
Henderson, MD
Ownership

1. 1000-3
In reality you are more likely to turn in a claim on the UTV than the Explorer. Some states are making these things high risk vehicles. I imagine if the popularity keeps rising so will premiums.
I guess lol. Gieco has always been great but they definetly lost my business with UTV coverage. I thought about calling but I just cant see them cutting their quote by 2/3. Looks like Ill be insuring with progressive for my Pioneer. I really only plan on using insurance for total loss ie fire, theft something of that nature. It is what it is at this point all I can do is shop around and go with what I feel comfortable.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!