Multi Why I buy Honda off road vehicles....

ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
A7a9267dd903bfc62ddb0e7c83e2a32a

These parts are from a 2014 model non-Honda. All had failed before 1,000 miles.

Other worn out parts that were replaced and not in the pic:
Wheel bearings (not sure how many)
Ball joints (at least 2)
Knuckle

Parts in need of replacement at the moment:
Steering rack (yes, the rack itself)
At least one wheel bearing
A brake caliper
....who knows what else??? It's getting to be comical repairing my dads SxS for him. Makes me feel better about my purchase every time I get to fix his. I did not fix his top end for him... He had his friend do that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Could have titled it, "Why I don't drive other brands of off road vehicles." :rolleyes:

Reactions: ehart814
ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
SBuckJ

SBuckJ

Jan 21, 2015
Central PA
I had a 2012 "non Honda" (most on here knows what brand-lol) and I could not BELIEVE the parts I had to replace in 3200 miles...and everyone that I rode with that had the same machine, had the same issues...half, like me complained, the other half still swear by the machine...amazing how some expect less of their machines, and others (like me) expect more....

Reactions: Talen and rocmar
ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I had a 2012 "non Honda" (most on here knows what brand-lol) and I could not BELIEVE the parts I had to replace in 3200 miles...and everyone that I rode with that had the same machine, had the same issues...half, like me complained, the other half still swear by the machine...amazing how some expect less of their machines, and others (like me) expect more....
I know the type you're talking about... I will never understand how someone can still swear by "the brand" after suffering untimely, even catastrophic failures so often. I, like you, have a low tolerance for sub par quality. Fortunately, I got an education on the way their machines are "engineered", and their level of "quality", without actually having the misfortune of buying one...

Reactions: trigger and SBuckJ
SBuckJ

SBuckJ

Jan 21, 2015
Central PA
I know the type you're talking about... I will never understand how someone can still swear by "the brand" after suffering untimely, even catastrophic failures so often. I, like you, have a low tolerance for sub par quality. Fortunately, I got an education on the way their machines are "engineered", and their level of "quality", without actually having the misfortune of buying one...
I will say the best ATV I ever owned was not a Honda but a King Quad 700 that I BEAT all the time...4 years and 4800 miles...boy I wish I still had that machine and how I wish they would do a side x side...but I don't see it ever happening. Sad really. They make a decent product....

ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I will say the best ATV I ever owned was not a Honda but a King Quad 700 that I BEAT all the time...4 years and 4800 miles...boy I wish I still had that machine and how I wish they would do a side x side...but I don't see it ever happening. Sad really. They make a decent product....
I recently bought a 1998 Suzuki Quadrunner 500 4x4. I purchased it from an older gentleman that had owned it since new. It was kind of beat up - plastics cracked, bumper and front rack bent, mismatched tires. It would run, but it flooded out and was diluting the oil with gas. I bought it for a song, and fixed it up. It had 3600 miles on it when I got it. The carb needed a needle and seat - and it was up and running good. The clutches slipped slightly, so I replaced them. Stitched the plastics, put a couple tires on it, changed all the fluids, added some accessories - fixed it all up. I rode it for a few months. A very solid machine! I plowed snow with it this past winter and it was a beast. I really liked how it was built, and it literally ran like brand new. I'll post some before and after pics... I ended up selling it, making a few bucks in the process, with the goal of buying a newer machine. I got to know the Suzuki pretty well doing all the work on it, and I agree that they do make a good quality, well engineered ATV. I would still be enjoying it, if someone hadn't made me an offer I couldn't refuse...

Reactions: swsebek and SBuckJ
ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
26d87a42dab50abe2f501b7a7b7197b2

That was the day I brought it home. This is how it looked when I sold it:
12bdad3fc4b9983861e2ea2a030acbddCf01a44543b4d06b589b628332036563

Great machine.

Reactions: swsebek
Alan aka Davinci

Alan aka Davinci

Mr. Meme Master
Lifetime Member
Apr 25, 2015
Grand Junction, CO
Ownership

1. 500
Most people swear by a brand because they are in denial and don't want to admit they made a mistake. It's like the parents of a real ugly child, they will never admit it but down deep they know.

Stauvo

Stauvo

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 25, 2015
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Most people swear by a brand because they are in denial and don't want to admit they made a mistake. It's like the parents of a real ugly child, they will never admit it but down deep they know.

LOL! LMAO!:D

advertisement
swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
Suzuki will make a SXS,it just has not happened yet..So will KTM,And Harley...

Reactions: SBuckJ
hondarock

hondarock

Jun 19, 2015
I guess you are right. Seeing the 1000's showing up on the used market now. Maybe they will get things straightened out and finally surpass the chinese makers and maybe even John Deere in sales.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
View attachment 13427

These parts are from a 2014 model non-Honda. All had failed before 1,000 miles.

Other worn out parts that were replaced and not in the pic:
Wheel bearings (not sure how many)
Ball joints (at least 2)
Knuckle

Parts in need of replacement at the moment:
Steering rack (yes, the rack itself)
At least one wheel bearing
A brake caliper
....who knows what else??? It's getting to be comical repairing my dads SxS for him. Makes me feel better about my purchase every time I get to fix his. I did not fix his top end for him... He had his friend do that.

Well he may not have the most dependable vehicle but at least he's got good people to help with it.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!