BOX1

P700 Will it fit?

Idahotruckman

Idahotruckman

Feb 15, 2021
Boise, Idaho
Ownership

1. 500
Greetings from the P500 Forum. Initially I was drawn to the 700, but thought I wasn't done riding the 50" trails, so I bought a P500. In two years I have not been on one single 50" trail, but been on a lot of other wider trails.
I pull a bumper pull trailer and haul my little P500 on my flat bed. It is 8' 6" in length. I like my little 500, but it would be nice to have a more comfortable ride.
So my question is: will a P700-2 or a P700-4 fit on my flatbed? Anyone know?
20221012 153403

FJC 79

FJC 79

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 3, 2020
ne. ohio
Ownership

1. 700-2
Greetings from the P500 Forum. Initially I was drawn to the 700, but thought I wasn't done riding the 50" trails, so I bought a P500. In two years I have not been on one single 50" trail, but been on a lot of other wider trails.
I pull a bumper pull trailer and haul my little P500 on my flat bed. It is 8' 6" in length. I like my little 500, but it would be nice to have a more comfortable ride.
View attachment 373074
Nice looking truck as for the 700 fitting I think the wheelbase is only about 4 " longer than the 500 but overall they are a bit longer . just looking at the picture I think it would be close. I would try to get actual measurements.

Remington

Remington

Sheriff Chief POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
View attachment 373074
Will it fit? Thats what she said! 😂 You knew that was coming!
What @buggyman said.If it was me, Id have a n 8’ bed for a P7. Your tires are gonna half on half off and the ass end will be hanging off alot further. May need to fab something for the tail end of the bed for stability. PS if u want an upgrade from the P5 to the P7 wont be long and youll want the P1 guaranteed, thats what most do when they make that jump. Just do it! Buy once Cry once! A buddy has a short bed flad bed like yours and a P1 same situation as a P7 to fit.

Last edited:
Idahotruckman

Idahotruckman

Feb 15, 2021
Boise, Idaho
Ownership

1. 500
What @buggyman said.If it was me, Id have a n 8’ bed for a P7. Your tires are gonna half on half off and the ass end will be hanging off alot further. May need to fab something for the tail end of the bed for stability. PS if u want an upgrade from the P5 to the P7 wont be long and youll want the P1 guaranteed, thats what most do when they make that jump. Just do it! Buy once Cry once! A buddy has a short bed flad bed like yours and a P1 same situation as a P7 to fit.
Believe it or not it's not a shortbox. It measures 8' 6".
Guess I will measure a P700 or P1 if I can find another Pioneer somewhere to measure. They are pre-sold around here and gone when they hit the dealer's lot. Thanks for your reply.
I'm starting to frequently read "buy once, cry once" on this forum. Good advice - and a great reminder. Thanks. I applied this philosophy when I bought my "absolutely no sway" Pro-Pride hitch trailer hitch plus lock and lot bar as a package for $3,800. That was a big ouch, but it was over a year ago and the sting is gone. It does it's advertised job very well, and it keeps us safe while pulling the 35" bumper pull travel trailer in high winds, and it's still cheaper than a casket.
You fellas are hard on my bank account, but good for the economy!

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
@Boundertom extended the bed on his flatbed for a Talon and it’s very well built. Maybe he has a pic or two he can post up to give you some ideas. The Pioneer 1000 and Talon are close to the same overall length if I remember correctly. 🤔

It’s our job to deplete your bank account and we’re very good at it. :cool:

WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yea I went from a 700-4 to a 1000-5. Huge upgrade in the ride and power.
My 1000-5 is exactly 10' long from roller fairlead of winch to the back edge of rear mudbuster. Get a 1000 of you can swing it. You won't regret it