P1000 Will This Battery Work For A Secondary Battery?

H

hibbert

Nov 9, 2020
CR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey,

I've got everything I need for the second battery install except the battery.

Unfortunately I dont have the luxury of ordering exactly what I need from Amazon (Odyssey PC925L-P or Mighty Max Battery ML26-12) and have been trying to find suitable options here.

This is what I found but it's a 3 hour drive (each way)-

2020 12 21 17 36 57

2020 12 21 17 37 13

Will this work / fit or should I continue my search?

Thanks

Reactions: TripleB
DanDan

DanDan

Lifetime Member
Dec 2, 2018
Greenville, tejas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I was a really slow learner about the second battery. It took forum members several times to beat it into my thick head about what to do. There will be several knowledgeable folks who will respond to this post and offer good suggestions and answers to your questions.

• Haha
Reactions: Mudwing and TripleB
H

hibbert

Nov 9, 2020
CR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I was a really slow learner about the second battery. It took forum members several times to beat it into my thick head about what to do. There will be several knowledgeable folks who will respond to this post and offer good suggestions and answers to your questions.

Thanks Dan! Its probably overkill because the only accessories I'm installing is a winch and a motorcycle alarm but I would like to be able to leave the alarm armed for long periods of time so why risk it.

I'm out here in Costa Rica so it takes me about 4 weeks to get hold of anything I need from the US so it's been very to get all the parts but the last piece is the battery.

I couldn't find any specific specifications the battery should have other than comparing to the 2 common batteries everyone seems to use - neither of which I can buy or ship here.

My understanding is any sealed lead acid battery or AGM battery that fits in the hole will do the trick.

Reactions: Mudwing
H

hibbert

Nov 9, 2020
CR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Oh and if anyone is wondering about the measurements for the second battery hole here they are in centimetres-

16.8 wide (left to right)
13.7 deep (front to back)
28 height

DanDan

DanDan

Lifetime Member
Dec 2, 2018
Greenville, tejas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yup, I bought the smaller motorcycle type battery because of the hole measurements. Members finally got me to realize that the forum recommended cheaper Mighty Maxx battery will fit the hole if you lay it on its back. We will see how the smaller battery works since I had already bought it. With the TRU AM isolator, the second battery will run the winch, boombox, USB, led light bar, and fan which I hope dissipates the motor heat during the summertime.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!