WillyBill

WillyBill

Wheeling Addict
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2017
Clinton, Utah
Ownership

1. Talon X LV
That looks BA! Gonna sling mud like a rutting hog. I'm running 26x11 on all four and putting more psi in the fronts helped alot with the too soft of a feel in the turns. Takes a little bit to get used to the spongie ride.

YUP! Already thinking on fender extension ideas. It's not like me to just buy Mudbusters as most of you know by now. "Built not bought"-at least for some things. (wasn't going to make a UTV from scratch LOL.) I balance tire pressure between turn 'feel' and bump absorption-been spongie riding for while - ask CP how many corners I can take on 3 or 2 wheels in a night. You do get a feel for and used to it. I think that the new stance will reduce those risky corners a bunch.

WB

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
So far i have only seen one member replace wheel bearings and I think he runs a snowplow on his but not sure. Very cheap penalty if there is one - my wife gets out at most every obsticle because it's so tippy in stock form. "Happy Wife-Happy ....

WB
I believe the bearings are fairly universal amongst Pioneers. I would assume since 500 uses bearings from the other Pioneers it’s probably a bit overkill for the 500.
I do agree that extending the range past the bearings puts more pressure on them but it’s holding up for the much higher load capacities and performance of the others. I expect you’ll still get a fairly long service life.

WillyBill

WillyBill

Wheeling Addict
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2017
Clinton, Utah
Ownership

1. Talon X LV
I believe the bearings are fairly universal amongst Pioneers. I would assume since 500 uses bearings from the other Pioneers it’s probably a bit overkill for the 500.
I do agree that extending the range past the bearings puts more pressure on them but it’s holding up for the much higher load capacities and performance of the others. I expect you’ll still get a fairly long service life.

$150 will buy all four bearings. :)

WB

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5

WB
Use conveyor belt for your mud flaps. Too expensive to keep ripping off mudbusters. I'm like a goldstar member there because I trash so many. They even sent me a free front set because they felt bad lol.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV

WB
When I got some for mine I looked up the size and it’s a very common one amongst multiple brands of cars and Sxs’s. Found bearings much cheaper but used factory Honda for good measure.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
When I got some for mine I looked up the size and it’s a very common one amongst multiple brands of cars and Sxs’s. Found bearings much cheaper but used factory Honda for good measure.
Seems like someone traced them back to some Civics or CRX's. I think we all realize the spacers/offset wheels add stress...but they are so overbuilt it hardly matters.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Seems like someone traced them back to some Civics or CRX's. I think we all realize the spacers/offset wheels add stress...but they are so overbuilt it hardly matters.
Nissan Hyundai Kawi there were a bunch others.

WillyBill

WillyBill

Wheeling Addict
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2017
Clinton, Utah
Ownership

1. Talon X LV
Use conveyor belt for your mud flaps. Too expensive to keep ripping off mudbusters. I'm like a goldstar member there because I trash so many. They even sent me a free front set because they felt bad lol.

Was thinking of buying some 36" tall big truck mudflaps-about $12 ea-flexible enough not to rip out mounting hole/bracket I hope. Then cut to width/length. Brackets with quick removal will be the
challenge.

Lilred500

Lilred500

Keep it on the rubber side
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2019
Wv
Ownership

1. 500
Did you have to change our studs or anything? Will factory lug nuts work for these wheels?

WillyBill

WillyBill

Wheeling Addict
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2017
Clinton, Utah
Ownership

1. Talon X LV
Did you have to change our studs or anything? Will factory lug nuts work for these wheels?
The studs and lug nuts are all original - the same ones that were on it when I purchased the machine new. I might buy a couple of wheels worth for spares but don't expect to need them. After all, the studs on an atv with these same rims are only 10 mm instead of 12 mm and they don't break in my experience.

WB

Lilred500

Lilred500

Keep it on the rubber side
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2019
Wv
Ownership

1. 500
The studs and lug nuts are all original - the same ones that were on it when I purchased the machine new. I might buy a couple of wheels worth for spares but don't expect to need them. After all, the studs on an atv with these same rims are only 10 mm instead of 12 mm and they don't break in my experience.

WB
Thanks man I found a set of 4 with centers on amazon for a hair under $200 I like the idea of new wheels vs the spacers. I have 27s that only have 50 miles on my factory wheels so I beleive this will be the route to go.

WillyBill

WillyBill

Wheeling Addict
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2017
Clinton, Utah
Ownership

1. Talon X LV
Thanks man I found a set of 4 with centers on amazon for a hair under $200 I like the idea of new wheels vs the spacers. I have 27s that only have 50 miles on my factory wheels so I beleive this will be the route to go.

Post up pics for us so we can oogle your bike when they are installed please! :)

WB

Reactions: CumminsPusher

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!