P700 Winch Mounting Question

T

tutormd

Mar 26, 2017
Southeast
Ownership

1. 700-4
Stupid question but want to know if I wired my solenoid incorrectly.
If the winch on a 700-4 is mounted upside down because I am using the KFI mount, will the in command on the wired remote and dash switch to pull the rope in be reversed and go out instead and vice versa?
Thanks for any reply but not seen any comments about this on the forums so thought I might have a problem with my wiring.

swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
Doesn't matter how it's mounted.upside down regular, sideways. It will work

swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
And by some chance it is,Just spool all the wire or rope out and wind back in.....

jawquin

jawquin

Oct 24, 2015
Indiana
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. Talon R
tutormd,

Welcome to the forum. You can probably switch the the wiring on the solenoid post if needed.

Reactions: ByronM and swsebek
T

tutormd

Mar 26, 2017
Southeast
Ownership

1. 700-4
tutormd,

Welcome to the forum. You can probably switch the the wiring on the solenoid post if needed.
Thank you for the welcome. Your idea is right on the mark. I called Warn today and they told me to switch the wires on the winch motor. I have not tried it out but will reply back with an update when I do.

C

Clarky

Lifetime Member
Nov 11, 2013
Yup, that should do it. I initially had mine backwards. Just swapped them and all was good.

T

tutormd

Mar 26, 2017
Southeast
Ownership

1. 700-4
Yup, that should do it. I initially had mine backwards. Just swapped them and all was good.
Thanks Clarky...Good to know it works. I have it on my to do list but not made it that far down the list yet.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!