P1000 Winch question

Tuco69

Tuco69

Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2017
Middle Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Installed a KFI 3500 Stealth this weekend. Question about hooking up. It came with a switch to be used on the handlebar of an atv. Can it be disconnected and wired to a switch on the switch plate I installed? What did most of you do when installing a winch? On the accessory wiring I took the lazy but easy way out, not the cheapest, and bought an XTC wiring kit. Did go with OTRATTW switches. Beginning the installation of the kit this week.

Reactions: sharp
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yeah. This is what I did too. Used there wires and ran it to a winch in/out switch on the dash.
Should just be 3 wires. Power in and 2 out's for winch in/out.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

RedFred1

RedFred1

Aug 4, 2018
North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-3
When I did mine, I used the Honda kit. I kept the long lead switch that ran to a connector in the glove box and added a dash switch. Others have gone with a wireless remote.

HTH!

FredD

Reactions: Tuco69
P

PioneerDuluth

Mar 28, 2018
Duluth, MN
Ownership

1. 1000-3
When I did mine, I used the Honda kit. I kept the long lead switch that ran to a connector in the glove box and added a dash switch. Others have gone with a wireless remote.

HTH!

FredD
RedFred1, I installed the Honda/Warn winch kit as well. I used the harness provided and installed the Long Lead Remote connector on the dash. I'd like to install as dash rocker switch...my question is, can you provide some insights on wiring the new rocker switch?

Reactions: RedFred1
D

DDDonkey

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 29, 2017
AZ
When I installed mine I put the "plug" for the winch remote under the hood and added a dash switch. I purchased a generic switch from Amazon, it was plug and play with the winch solenoid.

RedFred1

RedFred1

Aug 4, 2018
North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Sure there are a variety of ways to skin that cat. The wire from the remote connector has:

one +12volt lead, Black/silver
one Out lead, white/silver
one In lead, green/silver

You just need to replicate that with your new winch toggle switch. You can either splice into those wires from the back of the glove box connector or run a new set using a different power source.

On mine, I had the entire dash off so I could get to everything. I cut the wire harness and ran it to my new switch,

Black/silver to center pole pins 2/5
white/silver to out pins 1/4
green/silver to in pins 3/6

here is a rough picture...

P

PioneerDuluth

Mar 28, 2018
Duluth, MN
Ownership

1. 1000-3
View attachment 87398 Sure there are a variety of ways to skin that cat. The wire from the remote connector has:

You just need to replicate that with your new winch toggle switch. You can either splice into those wires from the back of the glove box connector or run a new set using a different power source.

On mine, I had the entire dash off so I could get to everything. I cut the wire harness and ran it to my new switch,

Good Deal! Thank you very much for the information. Time to buy a rocker.

Reactions: sharp
sporttrac4x4

sporttrac4x4

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2016
ILL.
Ownership

1. Other Brand
If you would of got the 4500 it would of came with the right switch for your UTV. Most people put the 3500 on ATV.

Reactions: Tuco69
sporttrac4x4

sporttrac4x4

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2016
ILL.
Ownership

1. Other Brand
I bought a 4500 Superwinch and it came with the handle bar switch and not a rocker.
KFI Products SE45-R2 New Stealth Winch
  • 38' Synthetic Cable with 5' protective sheath and end loop
  • Take control of your winch with the
  • included UTV Dash Rocker Switch
  • Handheld 14' Corded Remote for those situations when you need to control your winch from a distance or dismounted
  • included Heavy Duty Electric Contactorprotects
  • included Cable Hook Stopper. This is what I bought.

ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
KFI Products SE45-R2 New Stealth Winch
  • 38' Synthetic Cable with 5' protective sheath and end loop
  • Take control of your winch with the
  • included UTV Dash Rocker Switch
  • Handheld 14' Corded Remote for those situations when you need to control your winch from a distance or dismounted
  • included Heavy Duty Electric Contactorprotects
  • included Cable Hook Stopper. This is what I bought.

38' is pretty lame.

Reactions: Neohio
RedFred1

RedFred1

Aug 4, 2018
North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-3
View attachment 87398 Sure there are a variety of ways to skin that cat. The wire from the remote connector has:

After going back and checking everything... the above picture was wrong. The black wire and the white wire need to be swapped. I am in the process of creating a drawing for the wiring. It will reflect that black/silver is the out lead and the white/silver is the +12v.

Sorry for any confusion.

FredD

Reactions: knuckledeep
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!