windows 10

allgm1

allgm1

Lifetime Member
Mar 7, 2015
New Hampshire
Anyone else running windows 10? how does your "back" button work? I have 2 computers, both recently upgraded to win 10,browsing with the new IE and my stupid back button doesn't always work.If I'm reading a post and hit the back button it does nothing, normally I scroll back to the top of the page and hit the recent post button again. Just wondering if anyone else has the same thing going on?

advertisement
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I am running Windows 10 on two computers and a tablet, the new "Edge" browser seems to be working fine for me. Been running Win 10 since August 1st not had any real issues. They did have a huge update right before Thanksgiving M$ doesn't want to call it a service pack but it did have over 500 fixes all rolled up into one download.

To see if you have the newest updated build. Click on the "start" button in bottom left corner it is a Windows icon now. Then click "Settings", then click the top left icon "System", then in the new window click on the very bottom left option "About" This will display the Systems Properties window, you will see the following info:

Edition: Windows 10 Home (or) Pro
Version: 1511
OS Build: 10586.17

If the OS Build is a smaller number that the above it is the older version and the major update may resolve some of your issues.

Alternately you can switch back to using IE11 instead of the Edge app. Just search for it in the all programs list and set it as default.

N

Ned

May 12, 2015
West Kentucky
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I am running Windows 10 also, but I have no use for the new Edge browser. I used to be strictly an IE guy, and at first just changed my fault browser back to IE11, but since so many sites these days are heavy into automated advertisement, I went over to Firefox. Much easier to manage plug-ins and therefore popup/pop-in advertisement. Loads the webpage without all the crude that usually wants to load with it.

allgm1

allgm1

Lifetime Member
Mar 7, 2015
New Hampshire
thanks you guys, I just downloaded firefox, seems it was a problem with microsoft edge. thanks again!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!