Red500

Red500

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2018
Greeneville, Tn.
Ownership

1. 500
Well it looks like I ain't gonna make this ride either. Ordered a new propeller shaft and it's on back order with no idea when it will be available.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: Coeus and Smitty335
WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well it looks like I ain't gonna make this ride either. Ordered a new propeller shaft and it's on back order with no idea when it will be available.
Where all did you search for a prop shaft? I just had to replace one on my 2007 Rincon. Everywhere online said it was on backorder. I called Ron Ayers in NC and they also said it was on backorder. They then gave me a list of about 10 different dealers to try. I called the first one on the list and they had one on the way in the mail the next day. There's one out there somewhere you just have to do some searching

Red500

Red500

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2018
Greeneville, Tn.
Ownership

1. 500
Where all did you search for a prop shaft? I just had to replace one on my 2007 Rincon. Everywhere online said it was on backorder. I called Ron Ayers in NC and they also said it was on backorder. They then gave me a list of about 10 different dealers to try. I called the first one on the list and they had one on the way in the mail the next day. There's one out there somewhere you just have to do some searching
I just tried the one place. I haven't had time to check others, but I need to.

Red500

Red500

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2018
Greeneville, Tn.
Ownership

1. 500
Did you get the old one out? Curious as to what you found
This is the end that goes into
KIMG2536

This part.
KIMG2542

The grease in the coupling was dry and gritty. Everything was pitted, and looked like it had seen a lot of muddy water. It's hard to tell from the pics but the teeth on both parts where pretty pointy. I've ordered a new shaft and some other parts, and was told the shaft assembly was on backorder. I got an email today saying that the order had shipped and they listed the shaft with the other stuff so hopefully it's included in the shipment. I haven't had time to contact them yet, so I'll probably wait and see if it comes in with the other stuff. If it's not there I'll try and find it somewhere else.
@JayPo by the way you were right about that axle boot that you said was bad: it had a small rip in it.

906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
View attachment 407077
This part.
View attachment 407075

The grease in the coupling was dry and gritty. Everything was pitted, and looked like it had seen a lot of muddy water. It's hard to tell from the pics but the teeth on both parts where pretty pointy. I've ordered a new shaft and some other parts, and was told the shaft assembly was on backorder. I got an email today saying that the order had shipped and they listed the shaft with the other stuff so hopefully it's included in the shipment. I haven't had time to contact them yet, so I'll probably wait and see if it comes in with the other stuff. If it's not there I'll try and find it somewhere else.
@JayPo by the way you were right about that axle boot that you said was bad: it had a small rip in it.
At least it's an easy fix......sorta.

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
View attachment 407077
This part.
View attachment 407075

JAH!! Looks like the price of a Talon still to me. Feel free to tell Mrs Red!

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Tried that, she didn't buy it for some reason.
She’s probably just playing hard to get. Stop by the dealership today and bring that new Talon home. She’ll be “FINE!” with it! I’m pretty sure that’s the same thing as ecstatically happy. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Follow me for more finance and relationship advice.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!