P500 Windshield mod.

sam3006

sam3006

Dec 28, 2014
Damascus, AR
Ownership

1. 500
I have a Honda tilt out windshield. I've scratched it up so bad you couldn't see out of it driving into the sun. I've polished it out with Novus three step compound and it helped, put a very light tint film on the inside of the windshield and that knocked a lot of the glare. "BUT" I'm still not satisfied with it, I've rescratched some and driving into the sun is getting back to where you have to stick your head out the door to see when the sun is just right. I've got a niece that owns an auto glass shop and she allowed that before I bought a new windshield she could cut out the center of the Honda plastic main flat part of windshield, leaving 4 to 6 inches on the sides and above and below the bends in the windshield and bolt and glue a flat piece of real windshield glass on it. I think as soon as the holidays are over and I get time I'll pull the windshield off and let her give it a try. Not much to lose, its pretty worthless the way it is and another new one is going to cost $300+ and it will get scratched up.

RODNUT

RODNUT

May 16, 2015
I have a Honda tilt out windshield. I've scratched it up so bad you couldn't see out of it driving into the sun. I've polished it out with Novus three step compound and it helped, put a very light tint film on the inside of the windshield and that knocked a lot of the glare. "BUT" I'm still not satisfied with it, I've rescratched some and driving into the sun is getting back to where you have to stick your head out the door to see when the sun is just right. I've got a niece that owns an auto glass shop and she allowed that before I bought a new windshield she could cut out the center of the Honda plastic main flat part of windshield, leaving 4 to 6 inches on the sides and above and below the bends in the windshield and bolt and glue a flat piece of real windshield glass on it. I think as soon as the holidays are over and I get time I'll pull the windshield off and let her give it a try. Not much to lose, its pretty worthless the way it is and another new one is going to cost $300+ and it will get scratched up.
I have used a product made by Aeroshell for aircraft windshields called Flightjacket Polycoat with good results. Just apply with a clean sponge and wipe off with a microfiber cloth, available through amazon.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!