Wipers for SATV glass

F

Firedad

Jul 24, 2021
Reno, NV
Ownership

1. Talon X4
I have the SuperATV glass windshield and a manual wiper but I’d like to install powered wipers to both sides, along with the windshield washer kit. Anyone already have experience with this? Looking for advice on install and what motor used. I’m looking at the kemimoto wiper/washer kit and a second wiper with motor for the passenger side

Last edited:
Reactions: Remington and TxDoc
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I have the SuperATV glass windshield and a manual wiper but I’d like to install powered wipers to both sides, along with the windshield washer kit. Anyone already have experience with this? Looking for advice on install and what motor used. I’m looking at the kemimoto wiper/washer kit and a second wiper with motor for the passenger side
I Havent added the wiper motor to the windshield but Id be interested to see what you do to make it happen.

I did add a second wiper to passenger side tho. Mine are manual btw. Fyi there is knowone that makes a wiper arm to fit the passenger side the way the SATV windshield driver side is set up. That said, i had to bend the arm of a drivers side to make it work.

Reactions: SuperATV and Scoop
F

Firedad

Jul 24, 2021
Reno, NV
Ownership

1. Talon X4
I Havent added the wiper motor to the windshield but Id be interested to see what you do to make it happen.

I did add a second wiper to passenger side tho. Mine are manual btw. Fyi there is knowone that makes a wiper arm to fit the passenger side the way the SATV windshield driver side is set up. That said, i had to bend the arm of a drivers side to make it work.
Got a picture? I’ll def do as SATV said and go to a pick n pull for the motor and wiper arm. Then I’ll add the kemimoto washer and I’ll be ready to handle my dusty glass

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Got a picture? I’ll def do as SATV said and go to a pick n pull for the motor and wiper arm. Then I’ll add the kemimoto washer and I’ll be ready to handle my dusty glass
Let me look. My rig is at my cabin right now. Ill be there friday fo sho! To get a pic

Reactions: Firedad
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
@Firedad zoom in on my orange Talon
IMG 6674

Reactions: trigger
Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
This may help some

F

Firedad

Jul 24, 2021
Reno, NV
Ownership

1. Talon X4
IMG 4194

IMG 4193

Well this is it. I went with the Kemimoto wiper and washer kit. The wiper arm was too long so I used the arm that came with the manual wiper and it fits perfectly. Wires look messy but we cleaned em up with wire loom. The reservoir is easy to fill and the nozzles easy to install. The angle of the photo makes them look uneven but they actually look factory. I was in a rush so I used the switch that came with the set but intend to order a rocker for the wiper and washer after my elk hunt. I attached the washer switch to a screw on the left side of my switch panel so I wasn’t putting holes anywhere that I didn’t intend to use long term. The spray heads are strong so I had to play with the angle before I made holes to mount. I’m not sure if these are adjustable but one could always find adjustable ones to upgrade and swap out very easily. The wiper motor doesn’t impair drivers view at all and after taking the pic I adjusted the wiper blade so when I shut it down it’s up and out of view. In hindsight I recommend a different wiper motor because this one doesn’t self park. I just didn’t have time to go to a pick and pull to find one. This will work fine for now and was cheap enough.

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
I recently ordered the SATV glass windshield for my '23 Talon 1000R LV. It arrived broken. They shipped another one. I'm going to use the wiper from the first one and add it to the second one so I have two. I know you can order a second one from SATV ... I just don't know if it's the exact same one as the first one or not. THEN I will consider adding a motor and reservoir.

F

Firedad

Jul 24, 2021
Reno, NV
Ownership

1. Talon X4
I started with the manual wiper and it works fine but with the motor it’s much better. It’s easy to install and cheap so why not?

Reactions: Scoop and Smitty335
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
View attachment 401480
View attachment 401481
Well this is it. I went with the Kemimoto wiper and washer kit. The wiper arm was too long so I used the arm that came with the manual wiper and it fits perfectly. Wires look messy but we cleaned em up with wire loom. The reservoir is easy to fill and the nozzles easy to install. The angle of the photo makes them look uneven but they actually look factory. I was in a rush so I used the switch that came with the set but intend to order a rocker for the wiper and washer after my elk hunt. I attached the washer switch to a screw on the left side of my switch panel so I wasn’t putting holes anywhere that I didn’t intend to use long term. The spray heads are strong so I had to play with the angle before I made holes to mount. I’m not sure if these are adjustable but one could always find adjustable ones to upgrade and swap out very easily. The wiper motor doesn’t impair drivers view at all and after taking the pic I adjusted the wiper blade so when I shut it down it’s up and out of view. In hindsight I recommend a different wiper motor because this one doesn’t self park. I just didn’t have time to go to a pick and pull to find one. This will work fine for now and was cheap enough.
Looks good. You must be under 6’
Dosent the motor location get in your line of view otherwise?
Im 6’-2” and my eyes are right in that general area or at the bottom of that with my SATV windshield in my Talon. That would drive me nusts

Reactions: Smitty335
F

Firedad

Jul 24, 2021
Reno, NV
Ownership

1. Talon X4
I’m 5’9. It doesn’t bother me at all. It only hangs as low as my rear view mirror. It probably looks lower because I took the picture from above, looking down at it. At your height I couldn’t imagine getting in and out of the seat. I use mine for hunting so I’m stopping often to get out to glass

Reactions: Remington
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I’m 5’9. It doesn’t bother me at all. It only hangs as low as my rear view mirror. It probably looks lower because I took the picture from above, looking down at it. At your height I couldn’t imagine getting in and out of the seat. I use mine for hunting so I’m stopping often to get out to glass
I have No Issues getting in or out. Depends how my old baseball knees feel that day tho lol. I also have a Swamp donkey stereo up top to.
U @ 5-9 Yup, that motor aint gonna bother you. But that motor looks like its at rear view mirror hight to me.
So you Use the Talon For hinting? I use my P1k5 for that. How are u getting big game in the back of the rig, haulin a trailer behind it? 😂

Pro tip: just the tip 🤣
Seriously tho, Make sure when u respond to someones post to hit the “reply” button under there post then the box (see above) pops up then type your response under it. That person gets a notification like you just did for this one. I just happened to come back on and came accross your response this morning. Otherwise I would have never known you responded.

Reactions: Scoop
F

Firedad

Jul 24, 2021
Reno, NV
Ownership

1. Talon X4
I have No Issues getting in or out. Depends how my old baseball knees feel that day tho lol. I also have a Swamp donkey stereo up top to.
U @ 5-9 Yup, that motor aint gonna bother you. But that motor looks like its at rear view mirror hight to me.
So you Use the Talon For hinting? I use my P1k5 for that. How are u getting big game in the back of the rig, haulin a trailer behind it? 😂

Pro tip: just the tip 🤣
Seriously tho, Make sure when u respond to someones post to hit the “reply” button under there post then the box (see above) pops up then type your response under it. That person gets a notification like you just did for this one. I just happened to come back on and came accross your response this morning. Otherwise I would have never known you responded.
I have room for a deer or an elk in the back because I quarter them. If I’m lucky I’m putting the quarters straight into the machine, otherwise I’m hiking quarters some distance, with help usually

Reactions: Scoop and Remington
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I have room for a deer or an elk in the back because I quarter them. If I’m lucky I’m putting the quarters straight into the machine, otherwise I’m hiking quarters some distance, with help usually
That take alot of work in the field but necessary at times.
Got to look goofy in a talon tho lol

Reactions: Scoop

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!