Would you buy now or wait until 2023 announcement?

K

kruzayn

Jan 1, 2023
Midwest
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

2. Looking to buy
Hey all,

After a decent amount of looking at, sitting in, dealer trips, watching videos, etc. I landed on my likely choice for sxs being a Talon 1000x-4. From my cabin I can essentially hit ATV/UTV legal roadways to different trails with some being 100s of miles of continuous trails; all without needing to trailer. I can also make it to the dealer/service location a town away. I considered CanAm, Rzr pro xp 4, RMAX4, and KRX4 (doesnt meet the UTV requirements in WI - too wide). The Talon seems to be the right all around machine for what im looking for.

Im not in a hurry at the moment (well kinda, i want the toy - but logic should prevail), a garage at my cabin is being built and almost done and id need to wait a few months for snow to clear most likely either way. Its all speculation i see and no one knows when 2023s might be announced; but if you were in my shoes would you snatch an available 2022 or wait until the 2023s? I know 2022 announcement was pretty delayed and am curious if they will delay again for 2023.

I appreciate your thoughts!

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I considered CANNED HAM, POO POO FIRE TRAP Rzr pro xp 4, RMAX4, and OUT BAR KRX4
Fixed it for ya! ;)

Welcome from The Putrid Government swamp of Michigan!

So where Is the Midwest? Never heard of that state 🤔

If u wait till the 23’ announcement you will end up with your dick in the dirt as harsh as that sounds cuz Honda dosnt make make any major changes to get u all excited about but one time a century and that was in 22’ if u want want to call it that?
but u might get some “bold new colors” 🤣

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
I'm a waiting.
I need a Talon 4 seater and want the updated steering system that's expected to be on the 23's.

But if I was buying a Pioneer. I would buy now.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
I'm with @Hondasxs
The P1k received a new power steering unit in 2022.
I would really want that EPS, and if @Hondasxs is right it's worth waiting for.

And, if Hondaprokevin is right, there is a 4 seat R in the works.
Hope he's right.

Now the question is, how long to wait...

K

kruzayn

Jan 1, 2023
Midwest
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

2. Looking to buy
I am in MN but cabin is in WI where i would keep it and ride it. MN seems to see more Talon 4s, R's dont meet the trail requirement in Wisconsin which is 65" max width. Took a few competitors out of the fight from the start (Kawasaki).

Id be able to hit some side trails to get to the Wild Rivers Trail right from my cabin and then hit any of the side branches which there are tons of up in Washburn County.

It sounds like it might be worth the wait. There are a couple dealers with x4s just sitting right now and its so damn tempting but if power steering is improved that would be worth it.

Thanks all so far! Happy to hear what others think too.

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
I am in MN but cabin is in WI where i would keep it and ride it. MN seems to see more Talon 4s, R's dont meet the trail requirement in Wisconsin which is 65" max width. Took a few competitors out of the fight from the start (Kawasaki).

Id be able to hit some side trails to get to the Wild Rivers Trail right from my cabin and then hit any of the side branches which there are tons of up in Washburn County.

It sounds like it might be worth the wait. There are a couple dealers with x4s just sitting right now and its so damn tempting but if power steering is improved that would be worth it.

Thanks all so far! Happy to hear what others think too.
The Talons really need the upgraded Pioneer power steering. Mine isn't too bad but it has quit on me in the middle of a turn on a high speed jeep road, scared the poop outta me. :oops: I don't mean track high speed, just a fun and lively pace. The power signed off, it felt like someone stuck a broomstick in the works. That happened 3 or 4 times that day and hasn't since. 🤔

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!