TxDoc

TxDoc

Lifetime Member
May 19, 2019
TEXAS 🇨🇱
photos.app.goo.gl
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Japanese were stunned to see American brown planes flying toward them.
Episode 1

Sent from my motorola edge plus 2023 using Tapatalk

Reactions: TimG
TxDoc

TxDoc

Lifetime Member
May 19, 2019
TEXAS 🇨🇱
photos.app.goo.gl
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Archeological Evidence of First Aid and Emergency Surgery on WWII German Soldiers

This video shows the exhumation of several German soldiers killed on the Eastern Front in 1945, and whose bodies still bore the traces of first aid or surgery such as splints, drains, amputations and chest drains. The video explains the reasons why these medical interventions took place, and compares the medical equipment found with specimens in good condition that have been preserved in collections.

TxDoc

TxDoc

Lifetime Member
May 19, 2019
TEXAS 🇨🇱
photos.app.goo.gl
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hard to imagine the fear and the unknown of the future then, and the peace and tranquility that resulted from the fighting, death and sacrifice and loss of those who lived thru it

advertisement
Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. 1000 6 Crew

3. Talon X

4. Talon R4 LV
So blessed to still have my Father around, the ship he was on pulled out of Pearl harbor 2 days before the bombing. At 97 he is still up, driving and pretty damn sharp! 🎖🚢

TxDoc

TxDoc

Lifetime Member
May 19, 2019
TEXAS 🇨🇱
photos.app.goo.gl
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So blessed to still have my Father around, the ship he was on pulled out of Pearl harbor 2 days before the bombing. At 97 he is still up, driving and pretty damn sharp!
Yes, Blessed Man, The Greatest Generation. My father lived to 92. My uncles and aunts and their relatives lived thru WWII and I often heard how NO one knew with certainty what would happen, in the end.

And, I distinctly recall the nightly news, when I was a child... Every night they had a "scoreboard" showing... Killed, Wounded and MIA of the Vietnam war. And, people in the surrounding neighborhoods talking about who was killed or wounded or missing.

An older lady with a son who was a pilot was shot down in a Thunderchief. He was never found. She never knew if he was killed, taken prisoner, or what. His father died a few years after. People said he died of a broken heart and guilt of telling his son to go do his duty to the country. My mother would go help her with her garden and house chores and to get her hair done and to the doctor and grocery store. I was 6 or 7. Sometimes, she would hug me and burst into tears. It frightened me and I would just hug her back and ask her not to cry. It still upsets me. My mother explained to me what was wrong.

When I turned 18, they made it mandatory to sign up at the post office with selective service. I signed up the first day. That evening, at supper, my father said, you know you have to sign up for the selective service, don't you? I said I already did. My mother immediately left the kitchen and my father went to check on her. He said she was upset and crying from all of what happened in WWII and Vietnam. She was terrified she would lose me and the past wouldn't EVER be over.

I tried to avoid that subject. My father said it would be okay, she just was worried and it could not be avoided.

Finally, when Ukraine war started... I was ABSOLUTELY shocked when polls asked 18-35 year olds... If the United States were to be invaded, what would you do? The vast majority said, they would NOT fight for their country, but would leave.
I just cannot understand that. 🥲

Reactions: Tramguage1