Wyoming This Summer

C

Cobber4082

Lifetime Member
Mar 26, 2019
Solon Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just booked a week at Albany Lodge -Albany, Wyoming. It appears there is plenty of trail riding from the cabin to keep us busy. Asking if anybody has any experience directly with this area? Any sights or particular trails to be recommended? Generally more of a sight seeing, flower sniffers group. Water falls, scenic views, wildlife etc... Most youtube stuff seems to relate to Lander/Pinedale area - we will be in Medicine Bow just west of Laramie.
Also hope they get I-80 open by then -wow they been getting hammered with snow/wind -assume water will be running fast and hard when we get there in July.

Dirtstiffs-1000

Dirtstiffs-1000

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Nov 3, 2018
Republican from the wet side of Oregonifornia
hondasxs.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Pack clothes and possibles for adverse weather at anytime. Grew up in the Cowboy state. Down load a Medicine Bow(Snowy Range National Forest) map on to the free version of www.GAIAGPs.com
Roads and trails will be fine by late spring(June).
Enjoy

Last edited:
C

Cobber4082

Lifetime Member
Mar 26, 2019
Solon Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've been there a couple times. First time a lot more trails were open, we rented a utv from the lodge that was probably 10 years ago. Most recent was 2 years ago and we camped probably 10 miles south of the lodge, good time.
Any cool "you should go see this" places in particular?

Reactions: EMAW and crewcabrob
C

Cobber4082

Lifetime Member
Mar 26, 2019
Solon Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Pack clothes and possibles for adverse weather at anytime. Grew up in the Cowboy state. Down load a Medicine Bow(Snowy Range National Forest) map on to the free version of www.GAIAGPs.com
Roads and trails will be fine by late spring(June).
Enjoy
Always pack extra in altitude, I have difficulty reading mountain weather so just go prepared.
I expect we are pretty set with mapping. Forest service supports Avenza and have had good luck with that, been ogling OnX also. Other people in the group have lifetime maps also.

crewcabrob

crewcabrob

Lifetime Member
May 7, 2018
Omaha
Ownership

1. 520
I did a write up of our time out there last summer. I had some trails we took pictured in that thread. We were a bit north and west of Albany though. Heading there again this summer.
Rob

• Love
Reactions: Cobber4082 and CID
gch1911

gch1911

Lifetime Member
May 3, 2018
Nebraska
Ownership

1. 700-2
We have stayed at Albany Lodge several times, the owner Dave is a good guy, treats us well. The Mullen Fire burned a big area of where we used to ride, so we are still finding new places to ride. We have seen lots of wildlife including moose, deer, fox, elk and even a bear. You can take forest road to Ryan Park and have a beer/food at Rendezvous Lodge, kinda neat place...has new owners since we stayed there.

C

Cobber4082

Lifetime Member
Mar 26, 2019
Solon Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I did a write up of our time out there last summer. I had some trails we took pictured in that thread. We were a bit north and west of Albany though. Heading there again this summer.
Rob
Nice, I looked up your post thanks. I suspect we will venture in all directions to hit any highlights we can locate.

Reactions: crewcabrob and CID
C

Cobber4082

Lifetime Member
Mar 26, 2019
Solon Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
We have stayed at Albany Lodge several times, the owner Dave is a good guy, treats us well. The Mullen Fire burned a big area of where we used to ride, so we are still finding new places to ride. We have seen lots of wildlife including moose, deer, fox, elk and even a bear. You can take forest road to Ryan Park and have a beer/food at Rendezvous Lodge, kinda neat place...has new owners since we stayed there.
Looked like a decent place to home base from since we were not familiar with the area. Hoping since they rent and offer guide services they will mark up a map for us (the home we rented is actually part of the Albany Lodge so spending some coin with them)

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!