P1000m5 XS Power Battery

HondaMarc

HondaMarc

Oct 17, 2022
Dallas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I looked at an Antigravity lithium battery, but the customer service said this, regarding a winch ...

Lithium batteries have only 1/4th the capacity (AH) as their lead acid equivalent. Given this anything outside of stock for the UTV would not standardly be recommended. You may look into a secondary deep cycle battery that would be better suited to run your secondary devices.

So, looking everywhere as I'm disappointed in the Odyssey

The
Odyssey dimensions, which fits perfectly:

6.64"D x 7.05"W x 5.04"H
—-----------------------------

XS Power Batteries

D925

550 CCA 28 amp hours

LxWxH6.5 x 6.93 x 4.92 inches
—------------------------------

XS Power PSX 14 (recommended by XS power, the manufacturer) for the Honda Pioneer 1000-5.

CA: 240, Ah: 16

Length – 5.91 in

Height – 5.79 in

Width – 3.43 in

Is anyone running the XS Power brand?

And, has anyone run across a brand named ENERGEE? They seem to be used in high energy demand and heavily used car, boat and other audio applications.

Thank you

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
DRZRon1

DRZRon1

May 11, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X
we (I) am disappointed as well as you didn't post pictures of your ride - you could be asking for a friend

imo - its a freaking battery, for 98.5% of us (maybe not yourself), winching is infrequent, any descent quality battery will work - good luck in your evaluations

use the search bar up top - batteries have been discussed and debated at extreme nauseam levels

Reactions: JenElio
bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Sounds like their customer service reps don't know their a$$ from an amp meter.

"More Hours of Power
Lithium batteries provide 100% of their rated capacity, regardless of the rate of discharge. Lead-acid batteries typically provide less usable energy with higher rates of discharge. They are usually limited to 50% of the rated capacity to prevent diminished life."

Lithium batteries are quite happy being completely discharged now and then, but will last longer if stored at 40% to 60% charge.

Now having quoted that, I'll point out that many lithium batteries have a BMS (battery management system) on board that limits max current output, guards against overcharging, and keeps cells balanced. So, the battery you choose, if it's a lithium, should be intended for vehicle service. Lithium Ferrous Phosphate (LiFePO4) batteries have a bit less energy than Lithium Ion, but are safer and much less prone to require emergency fire department visits.

HondaMarc

HondaMarc

Oct 17, 2022
Dallas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thank you very much, bumperm.

Your information is greatly appreciated.

Battery technology is changing and new research to come will surely be surprising and benefit anyone needing portable power.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Reactions: bumperm

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!