ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
COVID-19 is a Chinese originated virus so my first thought was we would get infected by Polaris SXS :cool:

come on that's not fair.... i really have never seen the letters "CHINA" on parts when working on Polaris machines that were assembled in Mexico. Honest I haven't! (that is the dialog from the next sequel to the Pinocchio Geico commercial)

• Haha
Reactions: Isaiah and Mudwing
Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
My 1996 Polaris Xplorer 400 even has a USA emblem. Made in USA back then??? Still runs like a BA 2 stroke. ”They don’t make them like that anymore”. But it now collects dust since the P500 arrived.

B9528F32 76CB 49F1 A18A E979D0B0EDF3

Last edited:
Reactions: Mudwing and Isaiah
ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
My 1996 Polaris Xplorer 400 even has a USA emblem. Made in USA back then??? Still runs like a BA 2 stroke. ”They don’t make them like that anymore”. But it now collects dust since the P500 arrived.

View attachment 193960

Yeah, they used to make them in the USA. My dad's 2014 says made in mexico. Don't know when they moved it down there, but surely they did not publicize it so people still think they are USA made.

Reactions: Mudder and Isaiah
PaulF

PaulF

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Lifetime Member
Jul 1, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
Yeah, they used to make them in the USA. My dad's 2014 says made in mexico. Don't know when they moved it down there, but surely they did not publicize it so people still think they are USA made.
Company headquarters are still in the US but the main plants moved to Mexico in 2010. My BIL's 2012 has parts on it made in Mexico, USA, and yes, even China. As far as I can tell, all the wiring and plastic parts are made in China and I'm sure some of the mechanicals are made there too.

On the bright side, the Clutch has "Polaris USA" proudly cast on it. Whether it is actually made in the US is a good question.

And MANY Polaris branded accessories are made in China, from storage bags, to winches.

Not saying there aren't any Chinese parts on a Talon but I haven't found one yet.

stellarpod

stellarpod

Lifetime Member
Apr 18, 2019
OKC, OK - USA
Ownership

1. Talon X
...Not saying there aren't any Chinese parts on a Talon but I haven't found one yet.

Virtually any consumable product made today that contains, 1) electronic components, or 2) plastic, is likely to have Chinese content. It is a fact of life, whether you're buying a GMC pickup (or any brand), Kitchenaid blender, or a sidexside of any make.

Here's the labels from the boxes for my Talon lower doors and storage bags:

20200405 072934

20200405 072951

Chinese content is ubiquitous. Try as you may, you cannot escape it.

Steve

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!