Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Every time I go to the dealership that I bought my P-1 from and need parts, they have to order them, 7 days latter they show up. Ordered tires Tuesday morning 9:30 AM and called today to check on the delivery date, was told 2 days. Well Jared told me that it would be next Tuesday, I said SXXX, I should have ordered them on line and not pay freight and had them in 2 days, he called to find out when they would be delivered, Thursday- Friday was the answer. All they stock is high dollar accessories, no hard parts. What a bunch of SXXX. I won't be buying another S X S from them unless they price match. Before you buy from a dealer, check out there hard part supplies. I paid a little more for mine than I could have traveled 2 hours, but I try to support local Honda dealership, they aren't supporting me with parts. I am very close to putting the BIG X on my dealership. Hear me Greg?

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yep...
Always shop around. Many dealers stock very little all they do is order it just like you could have online.
If they were brand name tires. I bet RMATV could had them to you in 3 days.

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Every time I go to the dealership that I bought my P-1 from and need parts, they have to order them, 7 days latter they show up. Ordered tires Tuesday morning 9:30 AM and called today to check on the delivery date, was told 2 days. Well Jared told me that it would be next Tuesday, I said SXXX, I should have ordered them on line and not pay freight and had them in 2 days, he called to find out when they would be delivered, Thursday- Friday was the answer. All they stock is high dollar accessories, no hard parts. What a bunch of SXXX. I won't be buying another S X S from them unless they price match. Before you buy from a dealer, check out there hard part supplies. I paid a little more for mine than I could have traveled 2 hours, but I try to support local Honda dealership, they aren't supporting me with parts. I am very close to putting the BIG X on my dealership. Hear me Greg?

Dealers hardly stock anything. When I busted my CV boot (something I would think the would have on hand) it too two weeks to get in. When @nbomar cut two tires and was looking to replace them same day he called several shops and they either did not have tires or only sold tires and wheels. I know he found one place to sell him the tires however.

One reason I decided to keep a tie rod on had ($20) and I am thinking of keeping a CV boot set as well on hand

nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Dealers hardly stock anything. When I busted my CV boot (something I would think the would have on hand) it too two weeks to get in. When @nbomar cut two tires and was looking to replace them same day he called several shops and they either did not have tires or only sold tires and wheels. I know he found one place to sell him the tires however.

One reason I decided to keep a tie rod on had ($20) and I am thinking of keeping a CV boot set as well on hand

You keep that stuff and I’ll just always ride with you! :) the dealers are all a joke if you ask me...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
People complain about not shopping local though and how the internet is killing small businesses but they have a choice to stock at least some of the parts we need and they never do... I’m curious what exactly they have in those parts rooms in back.

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I know they mostly seem to have items that they can sell at the time of purchase of said vehicle like Tops, windshields, skid plates and soundbars. I get that they don't carry everything but I would think that they would carry parts to repair the most common issues people come in for besides an oil change.

Maybe I am wrong on tie rods and CV boots being top repairs they see but that is what I personally have seen from it side of tires need fixing the most.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
They need to stock tie rods, axles and tires! What a piece of crap dealer ship if they don't!

Reactions: sharp and Delton
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I know they mostly seem to have items that they can sell at the time of purchase of said vehicle like Tops, windshields, skid plates and soundbars. I get that they don't carry everything but I would think that they would carry parts to repair the most common issues people come in for besides an oil change.

Maybe I am wrong on tie rods and CV boots being top repairs they see but that is what I personally have seen from it side of tires need fixing the most.
Uh Huh, and pay top dollar and a 7 day wait, Heartland, needs an overhaul in there service and parts dept.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Uh Huh, and pay top dollar and a 7 day wait, Heartland, needs an overhaul in there service and parts dept.
I told Jared, I'm not prepaying for anything any more. You got my money and don't give a Sxxx when I get my product. Heartland sucks!

Reactions: sharp and Ragnar406
D

dilligaff82

Jan 24, 2017
New Hampshire
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've always had good luck ordering tires online. Any tire shop will be able to swap them over for you at your convenience. Much less BS and almost certainly cheaper than the dealership.

Reactions: sharp
D

Deleted member 3748

I worked in a big dealership back in the 90s, parts and accessories. Back in those days we had to guess about which parts to keep in stock. You certainly didn't want to get stuck with crap sitting on the shelf. Once a product was around for a little while and you knew what was going to break you ordered it ahead of time. Pretty much the way all businesses operate. Now with the P500, there isn't anything that breaks regularly. Except for the oil filter O-rings and my dealer has those in stock. I also keep those in stock in my garage. Tires... they should have had since those fit most everything but you should try to not be upset if they don't have a shifter cable for a P500 sitting on the shelf.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: sharp and DPort
Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I told Jared, I'm not prepaying for anything any more. You got my money and don't give a Sxxx when I get my product. Heartland sucks!
I trust the service guys there, everyone I have met is top notch. I think there are a lot of issues that I hear others having that come from their dealers crew not having looked over their pioneer as good as they could of- That I have not had. I have always been impressed with the service department there.

nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5

They had multiple sets of tires when I needed them after cutting mine. They were all mounted on their wheels in stacks in the showroom. I asked them to sell me just the tires and I’d pay for the breakdown... not a chance. They told me to buy the wheels too... just bad service. When I ran a truck shop, if I had it in a box in the back, on the wall, on display, I would break open a box or remove it and sell it. Order the part you needed and replace my display or back stock.... service!

500oneer

500oneer

15,000 mile club
Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
Central PA
Ownership

1. 500
My dealer in PA does this too with parts. They get parts delivered every Thursday unless they didn't have enough to order for that week then you have to wait a another week. I priced bighorns from them and they were almost twice as much as Rocky moutain. Giant waste of time.

Hotwlz

Hotwlz

Feb 19, 2017
Houston, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So I just happen to be in the parts business mind you the heavy truck industry but still in the parts business. As everyone knows it is still a business.
We have a system that recommends the parts that we stock, it has a 3 sales in a 12 month timeframe setting, if we sell it 3 times in 12 months it comes up on a suggested order and we have the option to order it or defer it until the next sales history, also when the factory releases a new model or models they release an RSL or a Recommended Stocking List. Most of the time the factory recommends a list of what the engineers think are going to be consumption parts and such, and from doing this for a long time I can tell you that they are wrong about the consumption parts about 60% of the time. Which means that the dealers are stuck with parts that nobody needs. The OE'S then charge the dealers with a restock fee as well as the freight to send it back, which in my opinion is the problem. Most of these dealers I believe are independently owned and have owners that talk about obsolescence and restock charges, as it is a cost that comes off of their bottom line as well as their cash flow. In some instances I think that if whoever is in charge of the parts departments was a rider and or an owner of some kind of machine that they sell or have a history with the sport either SXS or M/C common failure parts availability would increase.
Just my 2 cents

J

JTW

So I just happen to be in the parts business mind you the heavy truck industry but still in the parts business. As everyone knows it is still a business.
We have a system that recommends the parts that we stock, it has a 3 sales in a 12 month timeframe setting, if we sell it 3 times in 12 months it comes up on a suggested order and we have the option to order it or defer it until the next sales history, also when the factory releases a new model or models they release an RSL or a Recommended Stocking List. Most of the time the factory recommends a list of what the engineers think are going to be consumption parts and such, and from doing this for a long time I can tell you that they are wrong about the consumption parts about 60% of the time. Which means that the dealers are stuck with parts that nobody needs. The OE'S then charge the dealers with a restock fee as well as the freight to send it back, which in my opinion is the problem. Most of these dealers I believe are independently owned and have owners that talk about obsolescence and restock charges, as it is a cost that comes off of their bottom line as well as their cash flow. In some instances I think that if whoever is in charge of the parts departments was a rider and or an owner of some kind of machine that they sell or have a history with the sport either SXS or M/C common failure parts availability would increase.
Just my 2 cents
Interesting take!

H

HondaTech

Is your dealer multi-line?

All Honda orders placed before 2PM will be there in 2 days, if over $200 shipping is free for the dealer.

What I find is most multi dealers don't pay attention or much mind to Honda, they'd rather keep their POS Polaris customers coming back to repair what the same s*** they break every weekend. We stock common parts when they become commonly needed, this not only helps customers but the service department turn around.

When your doing $100k in a month your service department cant be waiting for parts you need.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!