ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
In April, my wife and I just welcomed the first of hopefully a few children into the world.
I am buying a 1000-5 as soon as it is available, and that will work for a few years but that is too much machine for them to drive around when they get to the point they want to have some control over where they go.

Hopefully there is a 2 seat youth machine on the way in the next 7-10 years, I REALLY don't want them to have a Mini Rzr.

I am asking now because I know it takes time to develop a machine and if there is enough interest expressed by my generation of parents maybe just maybe one will be available in time. If theres not already one in the works.

If all else fails I suppose I could hunt down an old school Odyessy or Pilot and rebuild it.

bobbyhill

bobbyhill

Pay to Play and I'm broke all around!
Junior Moderator
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Apr 8, 2015
Smithfield, VA
Ownership

1. 700-4
I have to 2nd that Request! my daughter started riding a 90cc 4 wheeler when she was 4 years old, and it would have been a lot more piece of mind to her mother if she could have a cage wrapped around her! With that being said I have a baby boy that is full throttle already and I think that some roll bars will be a must in his future. Thank you in advance fro your loyal customers.

Reactions: ohanacreek
allgm1

allgm1

Lifetime Member
Mar 7, 2015
New Hampshire
My kids both started riding young and on four wheelers. We had a trx70 to start, then a trx 90 to a recon. We used to have 4 fourwheels back in the day, my kids are grown up now and having kids of their own.I always looked at it like this, I was brought upon a ct70 and then moved onto 3 wheelers (we all know how they are) so I figured my kids riding 4 wheelers has got to be better than what I had. I cant imagine how crazy my two would have got with a roll cage around them. I always kept an eye on them as they were riding and made sure they didn't go to crazy

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I started at 3 myself on a Suzuki 50 then a Honda 70, Honda 250, Yamaha Moto4, Honda 300, had a Banshee 350, Polaris Sportsman, then moved to Dirt bikes and street bikes now back off-road with the Pioneer.

I grew up playing in the dirt as a family activity it was many good memories and family bonding time.

bobbyhill

bobbyhill

Junior Moderator
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Apr 8, 2015
Smithfield, VA
Ownership

1. 700-4
There is only one thing better then honda ATV's and that's kids that love them too!!

jak9922

jak9922

hot headed wopolock
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jun 2, 2015
pittstown ny
im with you on that and I can see spending 4k on a rzr170 my son now takes the rancher but my daughter will need one soon so its either another Suzuki 50 ( son killed the first one lol hmmm) a crf50 with training wheers or damn rzr 170

bobbyhill

bobbyhill

Junior Moderator
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Apr 8, 2015
Smithfield, VA
Ownership

1. 700-4
Ok ever since I saw this post I have not been able to stop thinking about the possibility! the fruit of that labor is this, I have came up with a name for you Honda for the youth SXS. So the line that you currently have is the Pioneer so call the youth model "The Hiker" and the slogan should be "Buy The Hiker for the little Tikers!" and like I always say my idea's are free all I ask is one of the products for me and one for Honda SXS.com ROTM contests! thank you again for your relentless dedication to us your loyal riders!

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
It would be too cool for Honda to make a youth SxS from a Recon 250 ES platform. Just give it paddle shifters with a parental lockout to limit the speed as ability / age warrant. I think Honda would sell them all day long @ 5K 2WD w/ 22" tires @ 48" wide fit in all pickup beds.

Reactions: BWAF and jak9922
lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
I like the original Odyssey, the FL250.
It had like 18hp (from memory so don’t quote me).
All hand controls, the seat moved front to back to adjust for driver size.
No rear suspension was a little rough but I have fond memories of watching them race at the old Mickey Thompson stadium races.
The guys with no rear suspension would land a jump a little crooked and the car would dart off to one side, very unpredictable.
It made for great racing where the leader would suddenly be hung on a hay bail.
Yea, this is what we want our kids to grow up on.

When I was in college in the late ‘80s I hung out with some guys that had a pair of FL250s.
At that time I had access to the Mini-Baja car from the club on campus (8hp Brigs and Stratton with a custom mini buggy wrapped around it – see my profile image).
Had a blast chasing these guys around the desert.
Their cars where much faster when it was smooth, I had the advantage in the rough or when the trail was tight.

I let my kids drive my FL350 starting when they where teens.
It was probably way too fast for them.
Am I a bad parent?
It’s definitely what I would have wanted my Dad to let me drive.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!