swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
I just lost my stock battery last night. It was getting weak for a while so I had another one ordered and ready. This is the original battery I got with the machine. Almost 9 years is amazing. I can’t say enough good things About these American made batteries. Made right here in Reading Pa. 80 bucks for a new one.
Yuasa👍

8EC81DEE 7D91 4510 987E E89B42BA9D05

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I just lost my stock battery last night. It was getting weak for a while so I had another one ordered and ready. This is the original battery I got with the machine. Almost 9 years is amazing. I can’t say enough good things About these American made batteries. Made right here in Reading Pa. 80 bucks for a new one.
Yuasa👍

View attachment 312303
Love that….👍😎

Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I think my stock batt has just about gave up….

after about 30 mins of plowing snow at night with my big light bar, side lights (no headlights) and heater going, plus plow operations, my true isolator keeps pulling off my aux batt (all accessories are on including heater) to charge the main batt (only factory installed items).

I keep the P1k5 in a heated garage, so it still starts easy…but wonder now if it would start with the -F temps I’m seeing these days

have to take a look at this battery.

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
I think my stock batt has just about gave up….

after about 30 mins of plowing snow at night with my big light bar, side lights (no headlights) and heater going, plus plow operations, my true isolator keeps pulling off my aux batt (all accessories are on including heater) to charge the main batt (only factory installed items).

I keep the P1k5 in a heated garage, so it still starts easy…but wonder now if it would start with the -F temps I’m seeing these days

have to take a look at this battery.
What is the voltage in each battery when the isolator hits the cut out threshold?

If you don't have one, I suggest a dual voltmeter in your not so distant future ... :)

Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What is the voltage in each battery when the isolator hits the cut out threshold?

If you don't have one, I suggest a dual voltmeter in your not so distant future ... :)
I have dual Vm.

but what the VM shows is voltage applied in running mode…not available capacity or AH. IE it shows your stator is working correctly, or batt voltage at startup/ rest.

Voltage only paints a part of picture of battery health.

Tested many batts at good voltage only to have squat for AH or CA when placed on a load tester.

Likely my original battery reserve amps capacity is gone, and relying heavily on the stator output for basic operation of the machine causing the isolator to prioritize the main batt solely than both at the same time. Kinda like how a weak car battery can burn out a alternator on your vehicle.

only started doing it this year. My P1k5 has been outfitted for several years now.

Reactions: Bama-Daniel
Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
but what the VM shows is voltage applied in running mode…not available capacity or AH. IE it shows your stator is working correctly, or batt voltage at startup/ rest.
Yes, I was curious what each (separate) battery voltage was at rest (not while the machine was running), once the cut out threshold caused the TruAM to disconnect the batteries.

Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yes, I was curious what each (separate) battery voltage was at rest (not while the machine was running), once the cut out threshold caused the TruAM to disconnect the batteries.
Hard to say on the main batt when running by looking at the VM as the stator is always pushing voltage.

my voltage on my main never drops below 13.5 running ever. At shut off both are at 12 v plus same for prior to start.

Reactions: Bama-Daniel
WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've always had great service from the Yuasa batteries also

Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I broke down and just went and got whatever agm batt I found in town. (Going fishing tomorrow).

Had to fill this batt and charge it. looks like the available amperage kick over for the true isolator is more than 2a. Don’t know for sure as my charger only has 2a and 8a options. With the batt at 12.5 v and only probably 50% charged, at 2a charge rate it won’t push the isolator on, but at 8a available charge rate it will kick it over right away.

Reactions: Bama-Daniel and CID
Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
New main batt fixed my issue. Now the main batt holds at 13.5 with my aux at 12.8 with every thing on including my factory head lights plus winch, heater, 4 pod lights, 60” light bar. Motor pops fast and hard now.

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
I broke down and just went and got whatever agm batt I found in town. (Going fishing tomorrow).

Had to fill this batt and charge it. looks like the available amperage kick over for the true isolator is more than 2a. Don’t know for sure as my charger only has 2a and 8a options. With the batt at 12.5 v and only probably 50% charged, at 2a charge rate it won’t push the isolator on, but at 8a available charge rate it will kick it over right away.
From the TruAM web site.

1. When the engine is running and the charging source raises the voltage of the start battery to 13.4 volts* (cut in threshold), the True Smart Battery Isolator (SBI) engages and connects the two batteries to charge simultaneously. The SBI’s internal LED will glow blue.

2. When all voltage sources drop below 12.9 volts* (cut out threshold) the Smart Battery Isolator will disengage and the blue LED will go out.

3. When the SBI LED is out the batteries are separated thus preventing the power of your start battery from being drained by use of the accessories powered from the second battery.

4. When the vehicle is restarted and the start battery has recharged to 13.4 volts* the Smart Battery Isolator engages, the LED will illuminate and the second battery is connected to receive charging.

*The True Smart Battery Isolator is programmed with a 10 second delay before engaging or disengaging.

Reactions: someguy1313
highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Yuasa👍

View attachment 312303
That's great! I got an insane 11 years out of the Yuasa on my 400ex!!!

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
That's great! I got an insane 11 years out of the Yuasa on my 400ex!!!
That's crazy! Never would have got that long if you lived up here, that's for sure.

tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've had very good luck with the Yuasa batteries over the years. The only trouble I had was a few years back I upgraded to a bigger battery for my 700 and ordered one from Amazon. When I got it and filled it with acid it actually had a crack in the case from being dinged in shipping. Just wish they gave a little more padding in the box but ended up getting another one and it's still working well for the guy I sold my machine too.

Reactions: swsebek and ChadD
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Replaced both of my batteries last year. Neither of them had crapped out, it was just preventative maintenance. Had 6 yrs on the stocker and 5 yrs on a Die Hard lawn tractor battery. Did a lot of research before buying and learned that the Yuasa's use longer plates/mats in their batteries. Had planned to replace both with Yuasa's but was having a hard time finding them even then. Ended up finding one to replace the stocker, original was a 14AH, new one is 16AH. Couldn't get my hands on a second one so went with a Deka with the same specs. Good luck.

D

Dasmoeturhead

After 6 years of use the battery won't hold a charge for very long in this cold wx were having. It's made it a long time in the cold mountain winters. Fair amount of snow plowing and pushing gravel around on a long steep driveway as well. Battery was at 7.5 volts this morning.
Local Honda shop wants $89.00 for a replacement. I might go get it today.
I've kept the charger on the battery for 5 years, but since we moved I've only hooked it up a few times. I figure 6 years is a pretty good run.

D

Dasmoeturhead

Parts unlimited battery. $70.00. Probably could have done better, but I really wanted to check out the Honda showroom. Seen a nice Africa twin. $15k.

Reactions: ChadD
someguy1313

someguy1313

Mar 5, 2021
SouthEast
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Anybody have the correct Yuasa battery size/model number for the P1K primary starting battery AND a good choice for the acc battery? Mine are going on 5 years and not holding charge like it used to.

Love Yuasa batts and run in most of my machines.

Reactions: swsebek and ChadD

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!