russknight

Lifetime Member
Apr 13, 2019
Perry Florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
Drove a buddy's YXZ1000R yesterday. First impressions:

Noisy / loud, stiff suspension (probably needs dialing in).

Honda transmissions are Cadillacs compared to these. I could not believe how clunky the transmission is. Overall, seating is quite comfortable, machine handles well, gauges and controls are well laid out, virtually no dust intrusion into cockpit (no windshield or rear glass), no noticeable heat intrusion (very short ride though), and it HAULS A$$. It does not like low rpm shifts. Above 8000 rpm is where this thing starts shifting smoothly at. It would be a terrible rock climber or woods machine where you lug around a lot. It would be more at home on open graded or gravel roads, or dunes. Nice machine, but for my style of riding, I'll keep my Honda.

My 2 cents worth. Add three more and you'd have a nickel.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!