P1000 Cumminspusher-the New Ride

CumminsPusher submitted a new Garage Item:

CumminsPusher-The new ride

View attachment 16840
Everyone it's done the wait is over. Our do over has started! Looks awfully naked and clean. Time to change that. ITS HERE:) Thank you to everyone for putting up with me lately and again thanks for all the support you have no idea what it means to my family.Ill never forget this.It's not what it once was but will be. Back up and running however the long process of rebuilding the ultimate woods machine for our family and friends begins now. Thank you all!:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)
View attachment 16841

Read more about this showcase item here...

Last edited by a moderator:
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
As much as i want to know what fixed it, I dont want you do someone elses R&D.
I can have an idea and can speculate some but I've just kept replacing things and changing things. Like throwing quarters at a dart board hoping something sticks. One finally stuck. 6 months and 1000's of dollars something finally worked. Nice to both machines rolling together finally, they make a sexy team:)
IMG 1078

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I can have an idea and can speculate some but I've just kept replacing things and changing things. Like throwing quarters at a dart board hoping something sticks. One finally stuck. 6 months and 1000's of dollars something finally worked. Nice to both machines rolling together finally, they make a sexy team:)View attachment 56911

Now get the clutch update installed and stay away from large flat rocks in the middle of the trail and should be bulletproof.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Somehow...next to the PJ your Yammy looks incomplete. MeThinks there's lots of mods need/going to do on it? HOW CAN YOU SEE!!! LOL.

WB
Non glass windshield your referring to lol, but...the Yami is what it is. It'll be an extremely dependable fun little s***. It sure needs a couple lights added, that was dangerous without but the good stuff is for the Honda. May build an enclosure like I did for the Honda so the family stays warm but that'll be much easier project and I'll maybe finally get the winch in, snows coming!

Last edited:
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
What was it?!
I wish I could give some awesome explanation. Yesterday I got pissed and fired her up after connecting the terminals that have been discounted for a bit. After warm I noticed error wasn't flashing dropped into reverse and both manual and auto popped up on dash, it locked up and died.
Dropped the oil went to Rotella t6 5-40 and Lucas oil Stabilizer and she backed up. Threw a clutch reset at it and took off. Sounds stupid but that's how she got under power.
Felt good rolling around in my own machine again it's last good weekend was directly after the Takeover. Was a great ride and beyond words to roll alongside my daughter, we hit a couple things pretty hard had what a blast

Last edited:
WillyBill

WillyBill

Wheeling Addict
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2017
Clinton, Utah
Ownership

1. Talon X LV
Our nemesis lol.
Only people through here on a Sxs have been @Plumber32 @IdahoPioneer @tmjm76691 and now @WillyBill! It was a much slicker this trip though so we had plenty of winch time to have a beer and bulls***. View attachment 56811

Second time through (can't believe you agreed to it again!) we found that mirror that "somehow fell off"

Somehow...A new mirror fell into the old mirror's place today.:cool:

advertisement
DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Clutches are the easy part of the transmission...
OK...skimmed to page 194 or so and got the gist of it. I love mystery issues!!
Did you ever get the ECM swapped with a another...or are you thinking its mechanical?

You must really like Honda. After what you've been through...the day after it got fixed, it'd be at the yam dealer on an X4. Lot f time and money invested, though.

I may head to some dealers tomorrow and drive the Wolvy AND 1000 3 since there are some good deals on them now. Some stuff is going well, and I might be back in the saddle sooner than expected, but we'll see. Honestly, its the Wolvy or probably another 700 (2 seats this time) for me.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
OK...skimmed to page 194 or so and got the gist of it. I love mystery issues!!
Did you ever get the ECM swapped with a another...or are you thinking its mechanical?

You must really like Honda. After what you've been through...the day after it got fixed, it'd be at the yam dealer on an X4. Lot f time and money invested, though.

I may head to some dealers tomorrow and drive the Wolvy AND 1000 3 since there are some good deals on them now. Some stuff is going well, and I might be back in the saddle sooner than expected, but we'll see. Honestly, its the Wolvy or probably another 700 (2 seats this time) for me.
Edit: long winded I know but many have been asking me what's going on, what am I doing and what do I think so this is where I'm at.

I have my own opinions however I'm just not going to open up too much because some people that have never even seen a transmission bolt want to argue. It's been a very tough expensive road and I'm pretty good with mechanics, but this one...was nice to see her running again. I do love Honda and always have had great luck with the brand up till this one.
At one time we owned a dozen rigs coming up camping at once. 25 weekends a year over the last 14 years (minus this one because of things) is no joke.lots of people say they ride hard then you wind up riding dirt roads with them and they are afraid to get it muddy. Why I say that isn't to piss some people off it's to say we push things a bit more then most. Coming from dirt bikes you tend to do that and most machines cannot do that week after week without major maintenance to say the least.
Over the years we've learned Honda is best. Yami close second but nothing else comes close for longevity. Our 700-4 was king but I did want some more. Our first 1000 was flat out awesome till we found the water issue they have. I still today look back at that rig and know it would be 10000 miles plus on our trails without issue andthat why I still love the 1000. It's a beast and the best rig for us.
We're at 1000 miles on the Wolverine and it's solid. Actually I really like the 2-seat Wolverine. It's suspension is incredible and it's so cozy. If I were to only need two seats and ride where we do I'd be perfectly happy especially since it comes with Warn winch, great suspension, super cozy buckets,roof,real skid plates, radiator guard,arched a-arms all for 11k. Belt whine is a little loud I'll admit after the 1000 but for a belt it's got great engine breaking and pulls off the bottom unlike the wound up Popo. Turn up the tunes and never let off the throttle lol. We need more seats though and I love the full roof in the woods along with gears.
I'm going to be testing an X4 in our woods shortly and I personally know the owner, he tells me his dealer has never been denied by Yamaha even for a pealing sticker or a cv boot tear and he'll cover us. He knows us well too lol, so I have to at least consider. He says have fun and tear it up...oh we will:)
I really like the Pioneer but I'm not dumb and totally blinded by brand loyalty, even being a Honda guy, however it's got to be able to compare for us and that's going to be tough. Both are good at certain things but I'm worried the design of the x4 won't allow for tree riding, there are a few things I really like about the 1000 and I know I'll get things figured out with Pioneer so I'm probably staying put with Honda

Last edited:
DG Rider

DG Rider

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
LOL...nothing earth shattering or anything. Just a slap back to the realization that it will be a while before i hit the trails in a SxS again. At this point, getting someone to sell me one is the issue. The last few years haven't been kind to the old credit rating.

Reactions: Dp5hunter
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
LOL...nothing earth shattering or anything. Just a slap back to the realization that it will be a while before i hit the trails in a SxS again. At this point, getting someone to sell me one is the issue. The last few years haven't been kind to the old credit rating.
Oh gotcha. Well that's better then what was going through my mind with that statement. Usually speaking there is a way but sometimes common sense kicks in to stay away from those ways. Don't want to see you on the news. Hopefully soon!?

DG Rider

DG Rider

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Oh gotcha. Well that's better then what was going through my mind with that statement. Usually speaking there is a way but sometimes common sense kicks in to stay away from those ways. Don't want to see you on the news. Hopefully soon!?
Well...technically, the Yamaha dealer i spoke of in the showroom touring thread said they can get me in a Wolverine...for payments that are more than my wife's 2016 Sonata. I knew the rate would be high, but they didn't tell me to bring knee pads. Not happening.

Reactions: Plumber32
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!