P1000m5 Which Battery for dual battery set up 2022

J

Johnny5isalive

Dec 11, 2023
Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
ordered, Thank you. How did you secure the battery?
Have not got the far yet but thinking of 3-D printing a bracket. Will post a pic when I get to that point.

Reactions: ChadD
HPnMORE4J

HPnMORE4J

Mar 8, 2021
NW Oregon
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
This kind of gives you some choices.

advertisement
W

WillDahBeast

Jun 12, 2024
Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I also purchased the Odyssey PC925. Installed it a week ago. Fits perfect and works just fine. Probably on the higher end price wise though.

Thanks.
I actually jumped the gun and got the lithium isolator from True so I was looking for a LiFep04 battery. Not sure if I should just go agm though.

Spadoo

Spadoo

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 30, 2024
Northern California
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks.
I actually jumped the gun and got the lithium isolator from True so I was looking for a LiFep04 battery. Not sure if I should just go agm though.
I went AGM (Odyssey PC925) based on a recommendation and because it was available locally to me. I think both (AGM / Lithium) are good options. I could be wrong, but I was informed that AGM batteries are tougher and can take more abuse than a lithium but that information could be wrong... Im sure someone more versed in this could chime in to set your mind at ease.

Jankyeye

Jankyeye

Lifetime Member
Dec 17, 2021
Tampa, Fl.
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
LiFePo4 batteries have temperature limitations, they dont like to be charged at low temps. They also have limitations on discharge current, while not typically an issue with most accessories, a heavy pull with a winch may cause problems. I love the Lipo in the RV, but would personally stick to sealed LA or AGM for the sxs.

Reactions: Dirtstiffs-1000
bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The lithium battery will last longer, deliver more power to the load, maintains its voltage better during discharge, and more.

Lead acid vs lithium discharge 1 1

Last edited:
Jankyeye

Jankyeye

Lifetime Member
Dec 17, 2021
Tampa, Fl.
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
The lithium battery will last longer, deliver more power to the load, maintains its voltage better during discharge, and more.

View attachment 433047
If the bms can handle the current draw and your above freezing, like I said I love the ones I have in the camper. With solar panels and an inverter I hardly ever run a generator anymore.

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If the bms can handle the current draw and your above freezing, like I said I love the ones I have in the camper. With solar panels and an inverter I hardly ever run a generator anymore.
Likewise. In our Class C, put 400 watts of solar (back when it was $5 a watt) and a 2000 watt inverter. We can run the microwave with no need to run the generator. 450 AH of Pb AGM batteries in two banks.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!