Another ride report

wyo700

wyo700

Lifetime Member
Sep 26, 2013
So this last Saturday I went on a 130 mile 10 hour ride. That part of it was not to thrilled about and I don't think I was the only one. But besides that part of it we rode on some pretty nasty trails at times and got as high as about 10000 feet in altitude. Only one steep long hill climb that when I saw it got me a little nervous but I was able to cruise right up it with no problems. There was 8 sidexsides total 5 rzrs, one commander, one ranger and me the pioneer. Some of the older guys didn't even know honda made a sidexside and was quite impressed with it. I only had one issue with it when we were on our way back we had to go on a county road which was a mountain pass road that was a long and had many turns going up nothing steep but at times I could only get my speed up 25 which really wasn't a big deal but kinda frustrating at the same time. Still makes me think the big gun exhaust would help there. All in all pioneer did amazing and I couldn't be happier once again. Can't wait for the next ride and hopefully not a 10 hour ride this time.

J

JimmyC

Jun 3, 2014
wyo700
I am getting the 700-2 for surf fishing.
Do you know how much gas you used on your 130 mile ride
( I fish on Porthsmouth Island NC. the cabin master there charges $6.00 per gallon ) and the Island is 22 miles long
Thanks
JC

fishin2Dmax

fishin2Dmax

Lifetime Member
Sep 22, 2013
Utah
Wyo 700, 130 miles is a lot of riding - you must be in good shape. I've taken my Pioneer 85 miles over high Rocky Mountain valleys and mountains and felt it the next day. I can't imagine what 130 miles - too many miles in one day. Good hear the Pioneer held up well. As you know, the Pioneer does fine at higher altitudes, but it's no speed demon at high altitude (it could use a bit more HP), but it's still a very capable machine. Thanks for sharing.

scott

scott

Lifetime Member
May 16, 2014
lyman, South Carolina
I have driven my pioneer 10 hours straight not sure the miles but it had to be high. Didn't run out of gas but it was close. Wasn't sore at all the next day was very happy with my pioneer. Do wish it had a little more power. But for what it is it's a very capable SxS it has surprised me over and over.

J

JimmyC

Jun 3, 2014
Thanks Scott
I was close to picking the P500. But the 4 gal. tank scares me for distance.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!