Seat Defect

hurld

hurld

Lifetime Member
Feb 19, 2014
Hopefully Honda Warranty will cover this. Talked with my dealer today, he said shouldn't be a problem. Anyone else see this problem with the seat? Looks like the glue used to hold the cover to the seat pan failed. I'm not even a fat ass @ 6'3" 200lbs lol Jasahu6y

Reactions: ChadD and Smitty335
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Seems like that would be covered. It should qualify as a defect in workmanship. Most dealers will overlook a lift if it's not related to the issue.

hurld

hurld

Lifetime Member
Feb 19, 2014
No guys I don't have a lift, would love one but then it wouldn't fit in my garage :( Looking at it closer I think it was just a bad glue job.

C

cbqh2008

Mar 30, 2015
I had the same problem at the back of the seat. I ended up taking the foam/vinyl cover apart from plastic pan entirely and letting it float. Didn't take much to do that because at least half of the seat had come unglued already. Good thing I did that because water had gotten under the foam and was beginning to get moldy. The foam would not have lasted very long staying wet all the time. Very poor workmanship on the seats...guess I'll have to wait to find out about the other poor workmanship on the SXS.

bigsnowman

bigsnowman

cbqh2008 said:
I had the same problem at the back of the seat. I ended up taking the foam/vinyl cover apart from plastic pan entirely and letting it float. Didn't take much to do that because at least half of the seat had come unglued already. Good thing I did that because water had gotten under the foam and was beginning to get moldy. The foam would not have lasted very long staying wet all the time. Very poor workmanship on the seats...guess I'll have to wait to find out about the other poor workmanship on the SXS.

I think the seat on mine must have taken on some water as well. I found a rock hard spot, about the diameter of a softball, when we were out riding this winter.

Reactions: Smitty335
S

Southern Pioneer

Apr 17, 2015
Hopefully Honda Warranty will cover this. Talked with my dealer today, he said shouldn't be a problem. Anyone else see this problem with the seat? Looks like the glue used to hold the cover to the seat pan failed. I'm not even a fat ass @ 6'3" 200lbs lolJasahu6y
Mine's doing the same thing. guess I need to check
and see if warranty will cover it to. I thought of just regluing it.

S

Southern Pioneer

Apr 17, 2015
I think the seat on mine must have taken on some water as well. I found a rock hard spot, about the diameter of a softball, when we were out riding this winter.
taking my seat by dealer today. Will see what happens

S

Southern Pioneer

Apr 17, 2015
No guys I don't have a lift, would love one but then it wouldn't fit in my garage :( Looking at it closer I think it was just a bad glue job.
So what did you ever find out about the seat

hurld

hurld

Lifetime Member
Feb 19, 2014
They replaced it under warranty, no questions asked.
It's been a year since it was replaced and the new one seems to be holding up great. I have however been making an effort not to drag my ass over the edge of the seat when getting in the Pioneer ;)

S

Southern Pioneer

Apr 17, 2015
They replaced it under warranty, no questions asked.
It's been a year since it was replaced and the new one seems to be holding up great. I have however been making an effort not to drag my ass over the edge of the seat when getting in the Pioneer ;)
They told me warranty don't cover it. was not happy with them..

D

Dmatthews

Jun 15, 2021
Charlottetown PEI
Ownership

1. 700-2
Have the same issue. They are ordering another one under warranty. But did tell me not to expect anything different as they are known to be crap. Not sure what else to do. It’s great they replace it. But if they replace one piece of S*%t with another am I really any further ahead?? Called Honda directly and was told to call another dealer to see what they have to offer....?...... my machine only has 150kms on it. Was just in for the first service. Always parked inside. Not from hard life thats for sure.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!