Chip programmer

D

dmascheck

Oct 4, 2014
I noticed a chip programmer on one site that said it worked on the Pioneer. Anyone try one yet. Showed over $300. I have used them on trucks before with great results on performance a fuel economy.

spifyd

spifyd

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2014
newhampshire
I had mine on the dyno at dobeck performance. they needed a base line tune for there gen 4 unit. the unit comes with a afr gage and auto tune. i.e. you can set the system to run at the air fuel ratio you want and it will do it. I should be getting mine soon and will post results. I will tell you Honda was very close with there tune at 4000 ft so don't expect the power upgrade you get from putting a tuner on a diesel.
I will keep every one up on my results.

D

dmascheck

Oct 4, 2014
I will be interested in hearing what you discover. Seems for $300, it should do something special!(GRIN)

Lynn

Lynn

Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
Yakima,WA
You may want to check with your Honda dealer. I went and talked to mine about all my modifications and the mechanic told me they had a tool to remap (program ) the factory controller. He can adjust fuel/air mixture and change timing. No need to buy a programmer, unless you just what one.

D

dmascheck

Oct 4, 2014
That is interesting. I'm wondering if their computer could reset the rev limiter on the Pioneer?

Several have also complained about having problems with their UTV at high altitudes, If you could reset the mix, it might solve their problem.

spifyd

spifyd

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2014
newhampshire
the programmer im getting is not just a fixed programmer it has capability of running auto tune. you can set the fuel ratio you want and it will maintain it. weather at high elevation or low. special would be keeping the fuel ratio at 12.5 when pushing boost into it. wouldn't that be special. lol

Lynn

Lynn

Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
Yakima,WA
For everyone's information. I took in my supercharged, K&N filtered, Big Gun Exhaust Pioneer to the dealer to have the ECU checked and remaped if necessary. It cost $39.00 at my Honda dealer, and they said it was right on and didn't have to make any adjustment's. That tells me that the factory ECU (controller) will handle alot of situations and that high altitude is not something that will require or help having it remaped. Save your money. I've put about 300 miles on my machine since the modifications and it's run perfectly. I had it checked just for peace of mind after all I've done to it .

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!