Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
Hey guys, I'm about ready to pull the trigger on the fox suspension kit for the pioneer. Anyone else running these shocks? I'd like to hear some feedback before dropping $1300 on them. A couple times trail riding I have bottomed the front end HARD on stuff i didnt think was to bad and I would like to improve/smooth out the ride a bit. Think this is the way to go?

A

atv

Feb 13, 2013
Ownership

1. Big Red
Fox shocks are great.

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Can you buy just the fronts?

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
Thanks for your thoughts. I made the plunge today and ordered the set, they should be here Friday hopefully! This will be a long week!

And no, you cannot buy just the fronts as far as I know. You can only buy the set of all four

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Tflynn said:
Thanks for your thoughts. I made the plunge today and ordered the set
Sweet, We want some feedback. I read they give it about a inch lift and completely remove the bottoming out.
I need to add this to my list of wants. lol.

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
I will take before and after measurements and try to give an in depth review after I get some ride time with them

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
I told the wife after the shocks are installed we are going for a ride either in the mountains around Truckee or the desert outside of Reno. At the very least ill do a lap around the ranch to check fences so ill have some good feedback for everybody soon! Hope there are no shipping glitches that delay arrival...

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
Got the shocks installed on Friday and they are great! The most noticeable difference is how they handle the big hits. I was not able to bottom them out, and I tried. So nice to not have to worry about whether or not you will be able to handle a bump while driving down the trail! A couple of other things of note-

While the fox shox are the exact same length as the stockers, they do provide a slight amount of lift. I took a stock measurement and then a measurement with new shocks installed, then another measurement after riding with them for a couple days. With the way they are set from the factory they give you just under an inch in the rear and slightly less in the front. However the shocks are fully adjustable so if you wanted to you could keep the stock ride height or lift the pioneer an inch or more.

The front shocks go on really easy, for the rears I had to remove the sway bar and its still kind of tough to get them in but once in place they look and fit great

This probably goes without saying but the fit and finish of the shocks is really top notch. These things are pretty!

Well that's my impression of the fox suspension kit. If anyone is considering buying these and has any questions ill be glad to help you if I can

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    222.3 KB · Views: 835
4drakes

4drakes

Mar 18, 2014
I just received my fox shocks they are very impressive I cant wait to install them.

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
Sweet! I want to hear what you think of them and also how you set them up. I don't know much about setting up suspension on a UTV so I'm interested to hear what others have done

4drakes

4drakes

Mar 18, 2014
I live in Michigan still waiting for the weather to break cant get to my Honda yet its tucked away in my barn snow is deep lol I will keep you posted on my progress

Springer

Springer

Apr 2, 2014
I just recently installed the Fox shocks on mine. I left the shocks at the factory settings which gave me 11 1/2 inches in the front and 12 5/8 in the rear when measured from the main frame just behind the fro t wheels and just in front of the rear wheels. I also left the clickers in the stock position for now at 12 clicks counter clockwise which is the half way point. Have not had a chance to ride much but i really notice a difference when plowing. The front end does not sag when i lift the plow blade and the additional clearance helps keep the frame out of the snow.
Really looking forward to testing these out on the trails.

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
I think you'll be happy. I was playing with my clickers yesterday and realized mine shipped from the factory 5 clicks out. I put them at 12 now not too much difference but they still ride great

C

chuck

Dec 14, 2013
Bought the Fox, did not like them one bit. I even had the dual speed compression valve installed. I sent everything back and got a set of Elka stage 5. Now THOSE are proper shocks. For about the same price as the Fox, you can get a set of Elka stage 2, which will be miles ahead of the Fox.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!