People Dying to come see me!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2014
Brookville, Indiana
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 520
JSPEED, like you I have owned both the 2015/2017 and agree with many of the comments posted. Like Mudder, mentions some of this is personal preference and personally like the downshifting, but could see that be annoying if not of interest.

One thing which is consistent across the years, the units are: absolutely fantastic, durable, relatively high demand and hold strong residual value...

AGREED!!! :D

alloutdoors

alloutdoors

Jan 21, 2018
US
Ownership

1. 500

2. 700-4

3. Do not currently own
I would almost guarantee that the starting price will be $9759 ($9099.00 {MSRP} + $660 {Destination Charge}). Dealers won't be discounting this early in the new model year. If they want more keep walking.
Depending on the accessories and the “relative” value to you and the machine it may not be a bad deal. The accessories can quickly add up on these units and Christmas is a long ways away....

If interested in the unit carry over 9-9.5K and pull it out and say let’s make a deal. That much cash in front of someone may get them motivated, worked for me many times...

Reactions: 70Bones
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
So far I passed on the 2016. Didn't like the vibe from the seller and something just didn't seem right.. Gotta a line on a bone stock 2018 for $9995 so we'll see what happens!

Something to be said for that. I'll drive twice as far and pay more if I get a bad vibe. ;)

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
So far I passed on the 2016. Didn't like the vibe from the seller and something just didn't seem right.. Gotta a line on a bone stock 2018 for $9995 so we'll see what happens!
Where are you? That seems really high?

EDIT: Seems like you might be in Canada, so nevermind my comment.

Reactions: Todd627
M

MacGyver

Dec 27, 2018
Nw Ontario
Ownership

1. 500
So for an extra $1800 he says I'd get these accessories less the tracks;

Winch mount, soft top, windshield, and box. Trouble is it cuts into my delivery costs (about $800).
I can do without the box ($300!), but kinda like the rest. Is the factory winch mount worth the $300 he claims it is? I can weld...
May have answered my own questions there, except for do I want a half windshield or full? Any advice on that? Lol
IMG 3262

70Bones

70Bones

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2017
New Brunswick Canada

Winch mount, soft top, windshield, and box. Trouble is it cuts into my delivery costs (about $800).
I can do without the box ($300!), but kinda like the rest. Is the factory winch mount worth the $300 he claims it is? I can weld...
May have answered my own questions there, except for do I want a half windshield or full? Any advice on that? Lol
View attachment 102800
If you can weld, two pieces of 2" angle iron, 12 inches long, are all that's required for a winch mount. A box can easily be made from 3/4" plywood, if you're good at scavenging you can get that for nothing. I have the Honda half windshield, and it's pretty much a waste of money. However, it never blocks my view when I've been in the mud. I wear a full face helmet in the winter and all is good.

I have a 2017 and find I use the automatic most of the time, just cruising. I use manual shift when I'm in the technical or difficult stuff. But, I have a choice and it's an awesome choice!

NitroxDiver

NitroxDiver

Dec 22, 2016
Concord NC
Ownership

1. 500

View attachment 102800
I bought the Honda soft top for about $120 on eBay, and made my winch mount for about $10-15, a fixed hardcoat windshield for around $250 and a hard coat half window for $120. I don’t see where he’s getting $1800

advertisement
Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Consider a Strongmade or similar design front bumper, then bolt any winch on top. Solid front end protection. Being cold where you are and time of year, full windshield IMO. OEM one comes off easy with quick clamps. Also many options on rear box for less, heres a link if you haven’t seen it already. Check out Honda Parts King for US price comparisons.
P500 - Post your rear rack/boxes Pics.

Honda Parts King site. 2018 Honda Pioneer 500 Cargo, Honda Accessories

13DD3184 21D9 4ADA 994D B199DE3B643B

Last edited:
M

MacGyver

Dec 27, 2018
Nw Ontario
Ownership

1. 500
Consider a Strongmade or similar design front bumper, then bolt any winch on top. Solid front end protection. Being cold where you are and time of year, full windshield IMO. OEM one comes off easy with quick clamps. Also many options on rear box for less, heres a link if you haven’t seen it already. Check out Honda Parts King for US price comparisons.
P500 - Post your rear rack/boxes Pics.

Honda Parts King site. 2018 Honda Pioneer 500 Cargo, Honda Accessories

View attachment 102847
It's a demo model being sold with factory warranty..
Many rear box choices! Perhaps too many! Lol

Reactions: Mudder and Chooglin
WillyBill

WillyBill

Wheeling Addict
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2017
Clinton, Utah
Ownership

1. Talon X LV
m

Some store on Facebook today has a bunch of Hondas on sale. P500 was $7650 or such OTD. Were in midwest I believe.

WB

M

MacGyver

Dec 27, 2018
Nw Ontario
Ownership

1. 500
Ok so I put a deposit on it today with the soft top and full windshield! Just gotta sort out the shipping details. Hoping to have it in the next two weeks..
If you can weld, two pieces of 2" angle iron, 12 inches long, are all that's required for a winch mount. A box can easily be made from 3/4" plywood, if you're good at scavenging you can get that for nothing. I have the Honda half windshield, and it's pretty much a waste of money. However, it never blocks my view when I've been in the mud. I wear a full face helmet in the winter and all is good.

I have a 2017 and find I use the automatic most of the time, just cruising. I use manual shift when I'm in the technical or difficult stuff. But, I have a choice and it's an awesome choice!

I'd love to see a pic of said winch mount!

70Bones

70Bones

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2017
New Brunswick Canada
Ok so I put a deposit on it today with the soft top and full windshield! Just gotta sort out the shipping details. Hoping to have it in the next two weeks..

Get it for you in the morning!

70Bones

70Bones

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2017
New Brunswick Canada

Sorry for the late reply, I couldn't remember who asked for this. It's 4 pieces of 2" angle, about 11 1/2" long, welded together to make the winch the right height for the fairlead. Make sure you drill the mounting holes before you bolt it on!

P500 winch mount

M

MacGyver

Dec 27, 2018
Nw Ontario
Ownership

1. 500
Sorry for the late reply, I couldn't remember who asked for this. It's 4 pieces of 2" angle, about 11 1/2" long, welded together to make the winch the right height for the fairlead. Make sure you drill the mounting holes before you bolt it on!

View attachment 104076

Thanks! Looks simple enough. I think I'd rather have it up higher like that, to keep it out of the mud and dirt. Easier to reach if the front is buried in muck. How about a rear mount? Anyone got pics of a diy rear winch mount?

JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
Check out KFI, they make quality winch mounts, front blades etc., for the P500 and have competitive pricing. If you are handy, order up some marguard clear Lexan and Honda windshield clamps and make your own windshield. Tons of rear box designs on here. I also made my own cab out of 3mm thick UHMW, with clear Lexan roof and windshield. At the time (early 2015) dealership didn’t have access and/or the price was cost prohibitive, so I made my own stuff.
Good luck with your purchase.

70Bones

70Bones

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2017
New Brunswick Canada
Thanks! Looks simple enough. I think I'd rather have it up higher like that, to keep it out of the mud and dirt. Easier to reach if the front is buried in muck. How about a rear mount? Anyone got pics of a diy rear winch mount?
No pictures, but I've seen them on trailer hitch bars.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!