100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Don't you just hate it when everybody in the forum suggests going to 26 inch tires and you end up going with 25's? That's exactly what I did. Following @Alan 's advice, I bought BH 25" tires for the Scarab.

Reactions: Alan aka Davinci
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Don't you just hate it when everybody in the forum suggests going to 26 inch tires and you end up going with 25's? That's exactly what I did. Following @Alan 's advice, I bought BH 25" tires for the Scarab.

26" on 5+2 aftermarket wheels is probably the most popular set up, that seemed to be the consensus when I read up on it. Between that and unhooking the sway bar, it is a different animal on the trails.

Reactions: 100Acre
100Acre

100Acre

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I still have the sway bar attached and I wanted to go on stock rims to save a few pennies.

Reactions: trigger
100Acre

100Acre

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
NitroxDiver

NitroxDiver

Dec 22, 2016
Concord NC
Ownership

1. 500
I asked for their opinions and I appreciate the responses. I hope no one thinks I asked a question just so I could ignore their advice. I am more concerned about stability and power than ground clearance. And to get similar tires in 26" would have been about 2x the money. Time will tell if these are a good deal or not depending on how they hold up. I do want to keep the machine around the 50" width so I figure 25" with 1" rear spacers would work fairly well and keep the center of gravity low.

Reactions: trigger and 100Acre
100Acre

100Acre

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I asked for their opinions and I appreciate the responses. I hope no one thinks I asked a question just so I could ignore their advice. I am more concerned about stability and power than ground clearance. And to get similar tires in 26" would have been about 2x the money. Time will tell if these are a good deal or not depending on how they hold up. I do want to keep the machine around the 50" width so I figure 25" with 1" rear spacers would work fairly well and keep the center of gravity low.
No worries bro I was just teasing anyway.

AlR

AlR

Nov 14, 2016
Nanaimo, British Columbia
Ownership

1. 500
I'm running 26" and have been happy with them. Like IG said, I wouldn't go any smaller personally. I just wonder if 27" would rub or hit at all? If not, I'd probably go that route, nothing wrong with having more ground clearance. I would strongly suggest giving it a wider stance if you're going up though.
Trigger: I've been looking online for 1" spacers but no luck so far. Do you have an amazon link for me?
thanx. Al

NitroxDiver

NitroxDiver

Dec 22, 2016
Concord NC
Ownership

1. 500
Trigger: I've been looking online for 1" spacers but no luck so far. Do you have an amazon link for me?
thanx. Al
Im not trigger and this link Is for ebay not amazon but its the 1" spacers I used and they fit fine. It also shows the manufacturers pn. So that may help you find something in your area. These are Moose brand and I think manufactured in Canada so you hopefully can find something on your side of the border.
Moose Utility Aluminum Wheel Spacers 1" Offset Pioneer / Big Red | eBay

Last edited:
advertisement
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Reactions: rocmar
Alan aka Davinci

Alan aka Davinci

Mr. Meme Master
Lifetime Member
Apr 25, 2015
Grand Junction, CO
Ownership

1. 500
Soften the ride and give you better stability on off camber terrain. Easy to try and put back if you don't like it, but you'll like it. ;)
That's interesting trigger Man, I left my sway bar on for better stablility on off-camber hills.

AlR

AlR

Nov 14, 2016
Ownership

1. 500
I run 26" ITP mudlite XTRs on the stock rims. I'm running them at 8-9 psi. They're radial and have just over an inch of tread. They've performed well on the '17 P5. I have not seen any lack of oomph going up steep grades. I like the increase in ground clearance. I'm shopping for 1" spacers... as long as the machine will still fit between the wheel wells of the truck.
Al

AlR

AlR

Nov 14, 2016
Ownership

1. 500
Reactions: lee and trigger
Alan aka Davinci

Alan aka Davinci

Mr. Meme Master
Lifetime Member
Apr 25, 2015
Grand Junction, CO
Ownership

1. 500
I run 26" ITP mudlite XTRs on the stock rims. I'm running them at 8-9 psi. They're radial and have just over an inch of tread. They've performed well on the '17 P5. I have not seen any lack of oomph going up steep grades. I like the increase in ground clearance. I'm shopping for 1" spacers... as long as the machine will still fit between the wheel wells of the truck.
Al
Try 12,000 ft. + altitude and you will notice a lack of oomph, I notice it with my 25" tires.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Trigger
Last question. Would these spacers fit the front and rear of the machine? The online description refers to them as "front left right". I can order them within Canada for $2 less per pair than in the US!

They'll fit either axle, 4/110 pattern. Hub diameter is the same front and back.

Reactions: AlR
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
That's interesting trigger Man, I left my sway bar on for better stablility on off-camber hills.

The two are locked together with the anti sway bar on, if one wheel drops then it pulls the other one up. While the P5 will never be a rock crawler, it does have better articulation with it removed. I wasn't a believer either and didn't do it forever, once I did it made a believer out of me. Try it out, I wouldn't lie to ya' Alan.

rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
1" ain't that big of a
...difference. ..most of
us running 26" are only 25"
With 4/6 psi..

Reactions: 100Acre
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Al

It'll still fit in the truck. I'm at 53" from outside tire wall to outside of tire wall. Also have a Line X bed liner sprayed in which shrinks it a little too. They rub a little on the way in but nothing but clean marks left on tires.

rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Correct. ..there's a small up hill to
the right. .kinda half pike deal..I took all
the time.with bar hood up..took with removed
ass end slide down..had to..take quick left
and downshift..up & over burn on trail.
scary..not bad..recovery..yes wife was with
...I got the eyebrow...that was 1st experience
since removal..
Off camber hill... is in your everyday riding
....I would leave....hooked up
Just sayin...

Reactions: Subs
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!