P1000 2020 iacv

T

TRB

Oct 19, 2022
Waterville, Mn
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Had a code 29 iacv problem, idle was low 0-500.ordered a new Honda part pulled the old valve, the plunger was almost unscrewed. I’m wondering if there’s an adjustment on the plunger part because when I installed the new one screwed to the top, it idled 3000 rpm.took it out, turned it down about 3 turns and it idles fine 1500. Does anyone know if that is supposed to be an adjustment for idle?

Reactions: ChadD and Lady01
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
On what, and miles and pics?
#POIDH
Also what exactly was the part you ordered?

And Welcome From Michigan.

@HondaTech might b able to help after u get some more Info

Reactions: ChadD and Rayger143
T

TRB

Oct 19, 2022
Waterville, Mn
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Thanks for looking! It’s a 2020 1000 pioneer 750mi. Replaced the iacv with a Honda oem idle air control valve wondering why bottom part was almost completely unscrewed on the old one new one was turned up to the top but it idled to fast till I turned it 3 turns down then it idled at 1500 (near normal) is that an adjustment?

H

HondaTech

The IACV is self adjusting, they have a pin in the whole that must line up with the slot in the plastic drum of the IACV.

It can be installed full extended or fully retracted, whenever the key is cycled to on it moves back and forth to verify its operating. Thats the buzzing you hear when the key is turned on.

There have been instances, mostly Talons that have bad crimps at the IACV connector. They sell a connector with wire pigtail to fix that issue. I think the store here may have them.

T

TRB

Oct 19, 2022
Waterville, Mn
Ownership

1. 1000-3
The IACV is self adjusting, they have a pin in the whole that must line up with the slot in the plastic drum of the IACV.

It can be installed full extended or fully retracted, whenever the key is cycled to on it moves back and forth to verify its operating. Thats the buzzing you hear when the key is turned on.

There have been instances, mostly Talons that have bad crimps at the IACV connector. They sell a connector with wire pigtail to fix that issue. I think the store here may have them.

T

TRB

Oct 19, 2022
Waterville, Mn
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Thank you that makes sense to me I may have a bad pigtail because when I manually turned the drum and reinstalled it, my idle was right on. I noticed the pin in the hole right away, so I know I had it installed properly. Thank you for your advice!

H

HondaTech

Thank you that makes sense to me I may have a bad pigtail because when I manually turned the drum and reinstalled it, my idle was right on. I noticed the pin in the hole right away, so I know I had it installed properly. Thank you for your advice!

If you pull it out and turn the key on, it should move on its own.

Reactions: Lady01 and TripleB
T

TRB

Oct 19, 2022
Waterville, Mn
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Does the shaft turn to utilize the threads for its movement up or down, or the shaft move up and down?

Reactions: Lady01
H

HondaTech

Does the shaft turn to utilize the threads for its movement up or down, or the shaft move up and down?

The shaft turns, that's the reason for the pin. It holds the drum so it moves up and down the shaft instead of spinning.

Reactions: Lady01 and TripleB
T

TRB

Oct 19, 2022
Waterville, Mn
Ownership

1. 1000-3
The shaft turns, that's the reason for the pin. It holds the drum so it moves up and down the shaft instead of spinning.
Thanks, the threads were lubed made me think the shaft turned, also with the pin in the hole to keep the drum from turning. If I have further trouble I’ll check for movement add check my pigtail thank you

Reactions: Lady01
advertisement
Swampmonkey

Swampmonkey

Jan 17, 2019
Al
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What did you find out. My 2019 is doing same thing. Replaced iacv and now surges from 2500 to 3000rpm

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!