P1000 Aftermarket playing catch up?

Dallas

Dallas

Nov 15, 2015
NorCal
Has anyone heard rumors or know first hand of any aftermarket things coming out for the 1000's? I know I'm going to have to be patient but man...I have money burning a hole in my pocket for an exhaust, power commander, maybe some longer Fox shocks, or...who knows. Just curious, can't wait to put some miles on her this weekend.

blackdog2086

blackdog2086

Jul 31, 2015
Not sure if it's just my perception or not, but the aftermarket seems very slow to develop for Honda's in general. By the time a Polaris, Can Am or Yamaha hit's the showroom floor, there are usually tons of aftermarket parts available. 3 years later and there is still almost nothing available for the 700 compared to the other brand vehicles out there. I'm assuming that means these manufacturers are providing vehicles in advance to aftermarket suppliers for the sake of product development.

I know Honda would rather have you buy their parts rather than those of another supplier, but everyone has different wants and needs for their vehicle. It's called personalization, and Honda has to realize that either they need to produce a wider range of products (at reasonable prices) or provide test vehicles to the aftermarket so their customers can get what they want. In the long run they would sell more vehicles because people would know in advance that they would be able to quickly and easily transform the vehicle into exactly what they want.

A lot of people buy a vehicle (or anything for that matter) based on the availability of parts available for customization. Look at Jeeps or AR-15 rifles or closer to home, Polaris RZR's. People don't buy RZR's because they're the best vehicle out there, but because they can get almost anything they want to customize their vehicle with about 5 minutes of online searching.

I won't own one due to reliability issues, but Polaris and Can Am have a huge selection of available factory accessories as well. I love my Honda's and will continue to own them because they just keep going, but they are definitely dropping the ball when it comes to factory add ons and getting their products aftermarket support before vehicle release.

Sorry for using this thread to vent. Just my opinion.

Reactions: JACKAL
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I agree with you @blackdog2086. When I bought my P700, I also bought all my accessories at the same time. I'll buy a P1000 when there are accessories like forward arched a-arms, UHMW skids, etc.

It sure is tempting to buy a PoPo just because I love to modify and customize, but I just can't do it. I'll wait for Honda or the aftermarket to catch up. My Pioneer 700 still serves me very well.

Joe

Dallas

Dallas

Nov 15, 2015
NorCal
I just got wind of the Polaris general...would have been a hard choice.

tig

tig

Apr 22, 2015
Blackdog I've also heard of aftermarket companies just flat out saying they won't make parts for Hondas because the market isn't big enough. I can understand that for the Big Red but surely the 700 and definitely the 1000 warrant their time to make stuff.

K

Klum1

Nov 17, 2014
I just got wind of the Polaris general...would have been a hard choice.
Yep I saw the general too the 1 for 19k plus comes with fox podium roof wench and one sweet cock pit

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Catch up???
The bike has barely been available for a 2 full months!
Cant judge aftermarket for the 1000 off the 700. The western fab companies didn't see the 700 as a good investment.
The 1000 is a different game and poses to take a good share from Polaris.
They want have a choice.

I know you are in a hurry for everything. But give it 1 year and it will be a different story.

..... Mark it.

But Yes!!!
I would like to see some accessories too.
First up.. Need a good winch mount and a skid plate.
Then custom slim line top and a spare tire kit of some sort.

Last edited:
Reactions: itsleo
Dallas

Dallas

Nov 15, 2015
NorCal
I suppose I worded the title incorrectly. I figured it would take 6-8 months to see anything. I was more curious as to if anyone had heard anything at all. Thanks for the replies.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
KFI has had one for a few weeks now.
Outkast built a lift, but not sure if it will be produced just yet.

Rest have just been rumors with no confirmation.
Keep posting on what is found.

educ8tedguess

educ8tedguess

Lifetime Member
Oct 16, 2015
Spring Grove Illinois
Ownership

1. Looking to buy
I just went on to the KFI site and it says the winch mounts for the pioneer 1000 are out of stock... That was quick...

advertisement
P

posterboy

I just went on to the KFI site and it says the winch mounts for the pioneer 1000 are out of stock... That was quick...

They are out of Stock because they are just getting the info onto the sight. They will be ready next week is what I was told.

Reactions: Hondasxs
educ8tedguess

educ8tedguess

Lifetime Member
Oct 16, 2015
Spring Grove Illinois
Ownership

1. Looking to buy
They are out of Stock because they are just getting the info onto the sight. They will be ready next week is what I was told.
Good to know. Thanks for the update. Any clue as to a viper winch will fit on the KFI mounts?

Whiskey1

Whiskey1

Dec 11, 2015
Arizona
Not sure if it's just my perception or not, but the aftermarket seems very slow to develop for Honda's in general. By the time a Polaris, Can Am or Yamaha hit's the showroom floor, there are usually tons of aftermarket parts available. 3 years later and there is still almost nothing available for the 700 compared to the other brand vehicles out there. I'm assuming that means these manufacturers are providing vehicles in advance to aftermarket suppliers for the sake of product development.

I know Honda would rather have you buy their parts rather than those of another supplier, but everyone has different wants and needs for their vehicle. It's called personalization, and Honda has to realize that either they need to produce a wider range of products (at reasonable prices) or provide test vehicles to the aftermarket so their customers can get what they want. In the long run they would sell more vehicles because people would know in advance that they would be able to quickly and easily transform the vehicle into exactly what they want.

A lot of people buy a vehicle (or anything for that matter) based on the availability of parts available for customization. Look at Jeeps or AR-15 rifles or closer to home, Polaris RZR's. People don't buy RZR's because they're the best vehicle out there, but because they can get almost anything they want to customize their vehicle with about 5 minutes of online searching.

I won't own one due to reliability issues, but Polaris and Can Am have a huge selection of available factory accessories as well. I love my Honda's and will continue to own them because they just keep going, but they are definitely dropping the ball when it comes to factory add ons and getting their products aftermarket support before vehicle release.

Sorry for using this thread to vent. Just my opinion.
Well Said!!

bigsnowman

bigsnowman

I did get a chance to stop by our local FOX shop for a quick chat. He mentioned that it would more than likely be mid to late January before they made a decision and also said that he couldn't imagine why they wouldn't build a set for our 1000s. I did mention to him the 1000 at the SEMA show and he knew nothing about that one. I can't imagine why FOX would not build a set for this awesome machine.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!