Auxiliary Lights

BigRiver

BigRiver

Lifetime Member
Feb 26, 2013
Installed a pair of auxiliary lights on my ride the other day. Went with the Rigid 10" double stack spot/flood combo up front and a small 60degree flood in the back.
I was hoping to install the light bar up front, but if I did, it would effectively become my front bumper….ah…No, not going there. I didn't like the position that Honda had mounted theirs up on the roof…why would you want to make a hole in the roof?
Came to the decision to mount on the upper part of the front cowl, just above the cover. No issue with drilling holes, good access to the wiring main frame and it's works for me.
Image1 7

Image2 2

Image3 1

Figured I needed a back up light to avoid the trees and things I don't want to back into. Hopefully I'll use it for loading up deer and hogs this season.

Image4 3

Image5 1

Image6 3

BigRiver

BigRiver

Lifetime Member
Feb 26, 2013
Haven't used it at night yet, I actually can only see some of the light and not the hood at all.

D

daberry

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Nov 4, 2013
Kansas
I really like the position you chose for the front light. May not give quite the light as the roof top but like you said why cut the roof!?! Could you let us know how well they do at night?? Thanks, Dale

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yeah wish I'd thought about that before I committed to the roof.

BigRiver

BigRiver

Lifetime Member
Feb 26, 2013
Wes, you could always plug the holes if you ever want to move it.
My initial concern was hitting low tree branches and damaging the light.
It's raining tonight, but in the near future I'll get a few pic's of how the light works.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That would screw up my color code on my wiring diagram, I'm too OCD for that, too lazy to unhook everything to change the color of 1 wire and too hardheaded to change my mind. Even if your idea was better. The holes are sealed and I made them JUST big enough that I had to screw them in the roof.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!